• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bird Watchers

love to hate the European Starlings, but their color is amazing.

View attachment 66036
I hate them with a passion! They've been decimating my suet feeders the last couple of weeks, and bullying all the other birds. I think they're ugly, but yes their iridescent coloring in the sunlight is pretty cool. Same with Grackles.

A cold and snowy last couple of days in the Chicago area. But - there's a bright spot in all of that when the Cardinals show up! (Sorry Cubs fans...)

Us Cubs fans, can appreciate a beautiful Cardinal, when we see one.............as long as it's not on a uniform!

I hate them with a passion! They've been decimating my suet feeders the last couple of weeks, and bullying all the other birds. I think they're ugly, but yes their iridescent coloring in the sunlight is pretty cool. Same with Grackles.
You don't own a pellet gun?

Cool!

I see you have a Yankee Droll as well George. So much fun! All the squirrels in my neighborhood are educated and don't try to mess with it any longer.
Just had a squirrel give it a whirl just this morning! They don't yet seem very deterred... 😁

<edited to add> ...and I've finally captured the action on film!!!! He never got to the seeds, but had a great ride for few seconds! Look at that face - not sure if that's a look of joy or fear... Or he's just focused on getting to those seeds!

IMG_2707.jpg

Last edited: