• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bird Watchers

Thanks Ed, but landscapes and night skies are where my interest lies. Birds, weddings, portraits hold no interest to me. Besides, George is an excellent photographer from what I can see.
I seriously botched photos for my daughters wedding. Got a few nice shots, but I was completely out of my element. I'm not doing weddings anymore! Lighting is a major challenge!!!!

Very busy week around the hacienda with the bird migrations ongoing. Eastern Phoebe, Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker, Northern Flickers and male and female red-bellied woodpeckers! All within walking distance of the house. Glad spring is here!

059A9004.jpg
059A9234.jpg
059A9261.jpg
059A9299.jpg

059A9378.jpg

Took in my suet feeders. Making syrup for the hopeful return of the hummingbirds end of the month. Last year they got so used to me they would feed next to me as I had my cigar and scotch on the deck.
My wife was loving them flying around her head when she would work in the area of the Butterfly Bush we have in the back yard. Like you - I would sit with my cigar, whiskey and my camera watching the "fun". The hummingbirds were not at all shy!

Have been wanting to befriend a crow for some time now. They are super wary of humans though. I've been chatting with some regulars that eat the peanuts I put out for the squirrels. They've gone from taking off if I get anywhere near a window inside the house, to letting me watch, but taking off if I open a window or sliding door. I think they are starting to get that I mean them no harm. Just installed this hanging basket feeder so they don't have to fight with the squirrels for some. Hoping it clicks that I am trying to gift them food. They're cool and intelligent animals. From here I might add a little cat food when I know it's not supposed to rain. Read somewhere they love cat and dog kibble.
image-jpg.67960
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 48
I seriously botched photos for my daughters wedding. Got a few nice shots, but I was completely out of my element. I'm not doing weddings anymore! Lighting is a major challenge!!!!
Lightroom + Topaz to save the day?

I've been amazed just how many challenging lighting situations exist. Gyms are the worst!

Lightroom + Topaz to save the day?

I've been amazed just how many challenging lighting situations exist. Gyms are the worst!
I have both LR and Topaz. I really like Topaz because it does a pretty decent job on noise, but many of my photos are pretty seriously underexposed and therefore pretty noisy. Topaz has it limits!!! But - you're spot on. I'm going to have to a bit of tweaking, but I should be able to hopefully salvage the photos

I have both LR and Topaz. I really like Topaz because it does a pretty decent job on noise, but many of my photos are pretty seriously underexposed and therefore pretty noisy. Topaz has it limits!!! But - you're spot on. I'm going to have to a bit of tweaking, but I should be able to hopefully salvage the photos
Good luck, friend!