• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bird Watchers

Tizzy is working on becoming the next AssassinĀ©ļøā€¦ Sheā€™s come a long way for a cat that had never been outdoors until I adopted her in January at 2 years old.
I was really upset when she brought me this female Goldfinch. It was still alive when she brought it to me, but it died an hour or so later.
I didnā€™t yell at her for being a cat. She is what she is and thereā€™s no changing that. She was so proud of the gift she gave me after all.
Her outdoor time will be supervised from here on out though. šŸ˜Ž
4F1B743A-89A6-4615-B35C-D4CC940A512E.jpeg

Tizzy is working on becoming the next AssassinĀ©ļøā€¦ Sheā€™s come a long way for a cat that had never been outdoors until I adopted her in January at 2 years old.
I was really upset when she brought me this female Goldfinch. It was still alive when she brought it to me, but it died an hour or so later.
I didnā€™t yell at her for being a cat. She is what she is and thereā€™s no changing that. She was so proud of the gift she gave me after all.
Her outdoor time will be supervised from here on out though. šŸ˜Ž
View attachment 60016
Poor girl believes you are not capable enough of taking care of yourself in the hunting and foraging department...

Good on 'ya, though, for understanding that wild animals have wild animal instincts and actions.

Out front today. Going to miss them when they migrate in a few weeks. This one kept coming to the window - not sure if she was peering in at us, or looking at her reflection. In the meantime I am just going to enjoy them for now and hope they come back to visit next year!

_DSC9632.jpg

_DSC9611.jpg

Poor girl believes you are not capable enough of taking care of yourself in the hunting and foraging department...

Good on 'ya, though, for understanding that wild animals have wild animal instincts and actions.
Funny! I see everyone laughing at your comment, but I took it as sincere.

Funny! I see everyone laughing at your comment, but I took it as sincere.
Well, even though the first sentence has a bit of humor in it, it is all sincere. If she's bringing you "gifts", its because she thinks you can't hunt for yourself. Also, I really did mean it about understanding that animal gonna animal.

Sitting out here this morning and saw some interesting Blue Jay behavior. Flying around rapidly through the thick parts of the trees, lighting for a split second and flying around some more. They don't seem to be chasing bugs, best I can describe it is zoomies.

The tiny little yellow birds are back, I can't get a good pic of them with the phone.

Crappy iPhone pic of a couple of Dark Eyed Juncos. They are so freaking cute. They spend most of their time running around pecking at the ground. And when they do fly, they just don't seem to be in complete control :).

dej.jpg

Crappy iPhone pic of a couple of Dark Eyed Juncos. They are so freaking cute. They spend most of their time running around pecking at the ground. And when they do fly, they just don't seem to be in complete control :).

View attachment 60995
We have a lot of Slate Colored Junco here in Ct but Iā€™ve never seen a Dark Eyed one. Nice!