• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Cigar Review Thread #2

Alright kids, I’m looking at you Hayden, time for our next blind review from our dear friend @CBoukal. Let’s look at numero five.

sorry, don’t have a ton of pictures. Was on the vherf and the guys needed me to talk a lot so it distracted from the pics, but I got some notes.

#5 review

Darker medium color, whatever the fuck that means, but take it as you will. Smells of tobacco, go figure, some light hay.

size - smaller cigar
Shape - cigar shaped with a short cone head

View attachment 49374
1st 3rd (yeah, makes your brain yell a little, I know) - mild to medium strength on this one starting out. LOTS of cream. Like a good ole boukalke party. Maybe some nuts (heh). Smoking like a Cuban out the gate with a few years on it (3-5, but it’s an early guess). Some light sweetness. Got a little tingle on the tongue. Not tinkle though, that’s a different kinda party all together. anyway..

View attachment 49375
2nd third (yup) - getting some light fruity notes (hehe). Very pleasant. Pulling up to a medium strength now. Cream is still there. Cream is overpowering, hits ya in the face, kinda like, well...you know..those parties. Still thinking it’s a Cuban, the fruity notes threw me off of a Cuban trail but only slight. Excellent fucking cigar so far.
View attachment 49376
Third third (mmhmm) - deep flavors coming out now. Full strength with a lot of tobacco, cream, nuts. Can’t feel my tongue with all the tingling. Great flavors out of this last third. Wow. Forgot my poker but I still let it burn my fingers. Worth it.

guess. Cuban. No idea what though. Like none. The full strength and fruity flavors are throwing me off. RyJ? I dunno. Still think it’s got 3-5 years on it. Let’s see the scribble scrabble..

View attachment 49377
Well fuck me, he got me on this one. Damn this thing was good. Thanks for this brother. I wasn’t close but enjoyed the hell out of it.
Power Ranger?

1637926620622.png

Alright kids, I’m looking at you Hayden, time for our next blind review from our dear friend @CBoukal. Let’s look at numero five.

sorry, don’t have a ton of pictures. Was on the vherf and the guys needed me to talk a lot so it distracted from the pics, but I got some notes.

#5 review

Darker medium color, whatever the fuck that means, but take it as you will. Smells of tobacco, go figure, some light hay.

size - smaller cigar
Shape - cigar shaped with a short cone head

View attachment 49374
1st 3rd (yeah, makes your brain yell a little, I know) - mild to medium strength on this one starting out. LOTS of cream. Like a good ole boukalke party. Maybe some nuts (heh). Smoking like a Cuban out the gate with a few years on it (3-5, but it’s an early guess). Some light sweetness. Got a little tingle on the tongue. Not tinkle though, that’s a different kinda party all together. anyway..

View attachment 49375
2nd third (yup) - getting some light fruity notes (hehe). Very pleasant. Pulling up to a medium strength now. Cream is still there. Cream is overpowering, hits ya in the face, kinda like, well...you know..those parties. Still thinking it’s a Cuban, the fruity notes threw me off of a Cuban trail but only slight. Excellent fucking cigar so far.
View attachment 49376
Third third (mmhmm) - deep flavors coming out now. Full strength with a lot of tobacco, cream, nuts. Can’t feel my tongue with all the tingling. Great flavors out of this last third. Wow. Forgot my poker but I still let it burn my fingers. Worth it.

guess. Cuban. No idea what though. Like none. The full strength and fruity flavors are throwing me off. RyJ? I dunno. Still think it’s got 3-5 years on it. Let’s see the scribble scrabble..

View attachment 49377
Well fuck me, he got me on this one. Damn this thing was good. Thanks for this brother. I wasn’t close but enjoyed the hell out of it.
Awesome review Brad. Glad you are enjoying this so far

Number four.

cigar size: little bigger than normal, don’t think I’ve ever heard that sentence 😞 with a pointed tip (my name is inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die). Hefty cigar, seems tightly rolled (use your imagination, I’m tired of googling quotes).

CF24EBEC-643F-4C85-A705-56E2275775E2.jpeg
1E68895D-BA8C-4CCA-A56A-E48BC487DF8E.jpeg
1st thurd - little bit of floral/fruit flavor coming through. Mild cream and leather (no flashbacks or discussion of parties unfortunately). Smoking slow and getting some awesome asshe.
DF645E64-5688-4880-AAEF-AE63A8AB131A.jpegSecond third-ish - this thing is goood. Cream is still there along with the floral/fruit notes that are light. This is an expensive cigar (anything above $11 is expensive to me, tbh). Don’t think it’s a Cuban though. The notes I’m getting off off of off it make me think this is a NC. But no idea what so far. It started out medium but is definitely a full cigar now. This is a strong fucker.this thing is actually giving me a buzz1638238443565.jpeg

ACF84870-774F-4719-9221-54B83F18D6DA.jpeg

Third thirdisch - cream, leather, kinda like a night @CBoukal’s house. Getting some solid tobacco flavors now. Strong delicious ones. Some espresso as well. Damn good cigar and lasting quite a while (seriously, why have I not heard these phrases before???)

Verdict: surely he didn’t send me two opus-sus-‘s. But damn this has to be close. I haven’t tried many opus but the ones I have are good, like this one. Let’s see what we got boys.
3159394D-A179-45D9-AAAC-24AF998E1787.jpeg
holy mother of cigar bands. I feel like any Texan would easily make this a belt buckle and be called the greatest slayer of killer rabbits. Praise the sun! Thank you for this buddy.

Holy hand grenades of Antioch, Ashman! Great review. I was on live with you while you were smoking this, though I didn't know what it was at the time, either. I do believe that the Reconquista is AM's power offering -- and their baller offering, as well.

Reviewing number 2! (Heh)
4330267A-A993-4674-B4AF-B41251864F55.jpegthis sucker is dark and big (heh heh)

cigar size: bigger than normal (insert sad emoji)
Wrapper: dark/maduro

1st 3rd: floral notes coming in (what is with these floral notes lately? My tongue is broken...wife would agree there...). Cream, tobacco, nuts coming through early. Little leather starting to come through nearing the end, like a belt, not a bodysuit. 740E5AA0-0873-4564-9DD3-F498593A2083.jpeg
2nd thurd: medium-full at this point. More cream coming out. Pretty sure this is a NC. Starting to get some pepper on the retro. A nice pepper, not pepper spray. Really really good so far. Ima say a $15 cigar. D4BE9D00-A009-4A94-850F-2201713444EC.jpeg3rd 3rd - oooh fuck that pepper on the retro. Damn bout burned my nose hairs off. Still Med-full. Tobacco is getting stronger and losing the leather. Cream is on its way out now as well. Maybe an Ashton??? Let’s find out. 50D7C3D6-A9E6-4B0D-BCCB-4C4384A4A1F1.jpeg
E954E4F4-E43A-460E-BEF1-D6395C471B2E.jpeg
Damn. Seeing this, I can agree this matches the taco profile, especially with the flavors exiting and tobacco taking over at the end. Wasn’t even close but this is a damn good cigar for its price. Thanks chad!

Attachments

• 3CE7D85F-950B-454F-A3BA-A3A2C6B3F001.jpeg
    3CE7D85F-950B-454F-A3BA-A3A2C6B3F001.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
Love it man!! Great review and reading it I would have never thought street taco. I was thinking possibly a tat with all the pepper.

Reviewing number 2! (Heh)
View attachment 49949this sucker is dark and big (heh heh)

cigar size: bigger than normal (insert sad emoji)
Wrapper: dark/maduro

1st 3rd: floral notes coming in (what is with these floral notes lately? My tongue is broken...wife would agree there...). Cream, tobacco, nuts coming through early. Little leather starting to come through nearing the end, like a belt, not a bodysuit. View attachment 49948
2nd thurd: medium-full at this point. More cream coming out. Pretty sure this is a NC. Starting to get some pepper on the retro. A nice pepper, not pepper spray. Really really good so far. Ima say a $15 cigar. View attachment 499513rd 3rd - oooh fuck that pepper on the retro. Damn bout burned my nose hairs off. Still Med-full. Tobacco is getting stronger and losing the leather. Cream is on its way out now as well. Maybe an Ashton??? Let’s find out. View attachment 49952
View attachment 49953
Damn. Seeing this, I can agree this matches the taco profile, especially with the flavors exiting and tobacco taking over at the end. Wasn’t even close but this is a damn good cigar for its price. Thanks chad!
Isn't it funny that on the band it shows "small ring gauges only" but its a decent size cigar..
I appreciate you playing !!!!

Opus X Forbidden
Destino Siglo 1912 - 2012
Gifted by @jshupp
Smoked - Wednesday Vherf 12-15-21

Prelight - Smooth caramel and toffee on the dry inhale. Something dry like hay or grass.
OpusX1.jpg
Opus3.jpg

First Light
More toffee, lemon grass, and hay. Maybe some nutmeg in there.

I forgot to take many pictures sorry

Middle point
Toffee is gone, cinnamon salt and pepper have started. Still getting hay

Final 3rd
Lots of salt and pepper, light leather. Nothing sweet anymore.
OpusX2.jpg

Great Cigar, not as strong as I expected but still a strong cigar. I assume because its aged for a while. Amazing smoke. 96/100 for sure.
Thank you very much Justin for the opportunity!!!!!

Opus X Forbidden
Destino Siglo 1912 - 2012
Gifted by @jshupp
Smoked - Wednesday Vherf 12-15-21

Prelight - Smooth caramel and toffee on the dry inhale. Something dry like hay or grass.
View attachment 50154
View attachment 50155

First Light
More toffee, lemon grass, and hay. Maybe some nutmeg in there.

I forgot to take many pictures sorry

Middle point
Toffee is gone, cinnamon salt and pepper have started. Still getting hay

Final 3rd
Lots of salt and pepper, light leather. Nothing sweet anymore.
View attachment 50156

Great Cigar, not as strong as I expected but still a strong cigar. I assume because its aged for a while. Amazing smoke. 96/100 for sure.
Thank you very much Justin for the opportunity!!!!!
"Blind Review" -- I do not think that phrase means what you think it means...

Very cool review, though, and awesome cigar!

Time for number six (like counting the times I’ve had sex this ye...) ahem. Anyway...

Length: just a small bit smaller than average (I can agree with that)
Gauge: meh (chill, it’s still ok)

48963E04-9647-4BF0-B845-39736BA6B5D8.jpeg
29A44CFF-B7DE-4FDE-AB8D-0412F2D1BE97.jpeg
1st third: getting some Med-full flavors outta this right off the bat. Smells like a CC but the taste is pointing towards NC. Getting some tingling in the tongue though. Tobacco starting out with some cream starting to peak through. 261B08C9-E961-49D0-8ECF-6B6742FDBD8C.jpeg
2nd third: cream is really hitting on this one now. Still Med-full strength with a little pepper hitting on this. This thing has got some hidden power. Still leaning on the NC side. Don’t see a lot of power like this out of the few CC’s I’ve tried. I’m thinking Ashton, but expected more leather out of these. Confusing. 29A44CFF-B7DE-4FDE-AB8D-0412F2D1BE97.jpeg001C3D33-1E9B-4F19-9DF7-36595A74CE4C.jpeg
Last third: cream is still there but starting to exit. Tobacco flavor coming through with Med-full strength still. This thing has some great flavor to it. Ima stick with Ashton but I am not confident in this. CF9DA35E-AAC4-4BAE-82B4-6F2BB52BE0C4.jpeg
Ok. Well. Ima be under this rock over here. Seems kinda comfy. See you guys in 2023

Time for number six (like counting the times I’ve had sex this ye...) ahem. Anyway...

Length: just a small bit smaller than average (I can agree with that)
Gauge: meh (chill, it’s still ok)

View attachment 50324
View attachment 50327
1st third: getting some Med-full flavors outta this right off the bat. Smells like a CC but the taste is pointing towards NC. Getting some tingling in the tongue though. Tobacco starting out with some cream starting to peak through. View attachment 50325
2nd third: cream is really hitting on this one now. Still Med-full strength with a little pepper hitting on this. This thing has got some hidden power. Still leaning on the NC side. Don’t see a lot of power like this out of the few CC’s I’ve tried. I’m thinking Ashton, but expected more leather out of these. Confusing. View attachment 50327View attachment 50326
Last third: cream is still there but starting to exit. Tobacco flavor coming through with Med-full strength still. This thing has some great flavor to it. Ima stick with Ashton but I am not confident in this. View attachment 50328
Ok. Well. Ima be under this rock over here. Seems kinda comfy. See you guys in 2023
Are you skipping a year?