• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Taste Test Review Pass

Toaster said:
SD_Stack said:
it has been approximately 4-weeks since the cigars arrived to each participant
:0
Hey, I was sick! :angry:

And forgetful :lookup:

And lazy ???

Ok, I'm getting on it.
Sorry,
Dave ;)

It's all good Brotha Dave. I just want everyone's in by Friday. :thumbs:

DaveWF said:
Toaster said:
SD_Stack said:
it has been approximately 4-weeks since the cigars arrived to each participant
:0
Hey, I was sick! :angry: And forgetful :lookup: and lazy ??? Ok, I'm getting on it.
Sorry,
Dave ;)
:love: Just poking fun at you AND THE OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (hint hint) :p

I got it off the server. For some reason, it didn't email it to me. ???

Review Cigar #41 - Fast4dr

CAO Brazilia Piranha 4.5x46 $3.16

Appearance: Good

Appearance Notes
The cigar looked really good. No large veins running through it. Filled with plenty of tobacco

Construction: Good

Construction Notes
One on the most even burning cigars I have smoked while driving with the windows down and the sunroof open

Burn: Very Even
Problems: None Found
AshColor: Light Grey
AshStructure: Very Solid
Draw: Easy
Aroma: Fair
Smoked_To: To the Band
Strength: Medium
Recommended: Yes
Scale: Decent/Worthy
Class: Regular

TasteNotes
I'm not one who can really pick up the different tastes. It did start of a little peppery but then mellowed out after about the 1st inch

OverallNotes
The ash held on for just over an inch before I decided to knock it off. It probably would have held a good bit longer but I didn't want it to fall on me due to all the wind. The cigar was somewhat one dimensional. I wouldn't buy a box and it didn't impress me but it was a pretty decent smoke

The manufacturer said: The CAO Brazilia blend consists of Nicaraguan top quality long-filler tobaccos wrapped in a gorgeous, dark Brazilian wrapper leaf. The result is a unique, complex smoke with notes of earth, spice, and an entrancing natural sweetness with great depth and body. This is a "monster" of a cigar in both flavor and size.

SD Said: I cannot stand those cigars. I am glad you like it. Most people do. I'm weird I guess. :p Good review.

Review Cigar #18 - Sir-smokes-a-lot

Montague Churchill 7.00x50 $1.00

Appearance: Perfect

Appearance Notes
A fantastic looking cigar! This is how a cigar should look, perfect triple-cap, smooth feeling, a little bloom perhaps [?], foot is laser-cut straight. ISOM? Looks it.

Construction Notes
looks like a great smoke to me!

Burn: Even
AshColor: White
Aroma: Poor
Strength: Full
Recommended: No
Class: Low End ISOM

TasteNotes
Aside from the taste, I enjoyed this cigar. Okay, yeah that sounds a little funny, but it was a cigar that just wasn't my cup oif tea. The taste was blech to me, a little harsh with a weird feel to it. Didn't like the aftertaste and was pretty rank when smoked normal to a little fast. But when I "sipped" it, the cigar was kinda nice and found some complexity. My guess is either a low-end ISOM or maybe a 'sick' one?

OverallNotes
Okay, not smoked to the band, but a little further than 1/2-way. Will go out on a limb and say ISOM as it looked and smelled like one. The taste was blech to me. Am interested to know what this is as I would be open to trying at least one more from the line to compare, but this would not be one I would readily recc. to friends.

JR Cigars said: Montague was one of the boom brands that was actually tasty and shoulda made it, but didn't. The problem was its late introduction to the market, very high price, and a bias against Indonesian made cigars. The cigars are well made, very tasty, and now priced way below what they are worth. The maduros feature an excellent Brazilian Matsa Fina wrapper.

SD Said: Good review. An ISOM?? ??? :sign: Thanks for the review. :thumbs:

Review Cigar #40 - Sir-smokes-a-lot

40. Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Maduro 6x45 $3.50

Note: Michael said that he was reviewing cigar #54. There are not 54 sticks total so I am assuming he meant #40. If the is wrong somehow... I will change it.

Appearance Notes
Nice looking. A little rough in some places, but overall a nice smoke

Construction Notes
nicely made, no hard/soft spots.

Problems: Got Soft
AshStructure: Typical
Aroma: Good
Scale: Great Smoke

TasteNotes
Yum, and I am not a big maduro fan! Med. strength with that nice hint of sweetness. Not much change in profile when smoked, but makes a great everyday/often smoke.

OverallNotes
I liked this one. Am fig. it is either a bundle or a mid-range cigar. Would not mind having some of these in the future and think it was one of the best maduros I have ever smoked. Would tell friends about this one.

JR Cigars said: Master cigar makers Carlos Fuente Sr. and Carlos Fuente Jr. craft impeccable cigars of the best quality within their Dominican factory. Their traditional "Gran Reserva" blend is mild-to-medium in body with a nutty core and delicate spice. It is one of the most consistent handmade cigars in the world. Often out of stock.

SD Said: Good Job. Glad you liked it.

I forgot the number for the last one, thought it was #54 tho. my bad.

glad to know what the maduro was, had yet to try that Fuente, if I ever see tham will have to pick some up now.

thanks for letting me in.
:thumbs:

I just got mine Wednesday. I haven't read any of the reviews though. I will post tonight if I can.

Emo

emodx said:
I just got mine Wednesday. I haven't read any of the reviews though. I will post tonight if I can.

Emo
Emo. I figured you were out at sea since I haven't seen you around. You get extra time. Thanks for watching our borders bro. :thumbs:

Review Cigar #05 - DaveWF

Puro Indios Toro 6.0 x 50 $3.00

Appearance Notes
Nice smooth natural wrapper. One flat-ish side (perhaps this was box-pressed at one time?)

Construction Notes
Nice firm cigar. Solid construction. One sort of hard spot in the middle that I'm a little concerned about. (later note: It didn't affect the draw at all - phew!)

Problems: Split/Unraveled
Draw: Perfect

TasteNotes
Through the first 1/4 there was nothing great. Just a fairly one-dimensional "tocacco" flavor. After clipping the end about 1/2 way through, it opened up a bit and got a bit spicier, but overall, not a whole lot better.

Overall Notes
Started with a punch cut. Had a nice easy pre-light draw. About 1/2 through, I started losing smoke - not a draw problem - just getting more air then smoke. I clipped the end and, WOW did that open things up. Lots of nice smoke now. About another inch in and I started having some cracking & unraveling. It may have been related to my mid-smoke clip, but I'd like to think I was pretty careful. 3/4 of the way through it started getting a bit harsh for my taste. I slowed down, and it improved, but still maintained some harshness. Got a nice little nico-buzz. Unfortunatley, this cigar never really got off the ground as far as I was concerned. It was a "decent" cigar that I'd recommend to relative newbies - but nothing to really write home about.

The manuf. said: Made by Cuban-trained cigar making legend Rolando Reyes, Sr.
Puros Indios are handmade from Honduras with Cuba-seed filler, and a rich, oily Ecuadorian wrapper. The result is a spicy, full and aromatic taste. Rated '90' by Cigar Aficionado.

Cuban-expatriate Rolando Reyes, Sr. has been called the world's best blender on more than one occasion. In fact, his cigars are critically acclaimed for their raw richness and complex layers of flavor

SD Said: Thanks for the review bro.

Review Cigar #42 - Fast4dr

RyJ CLEMENCEAUS (Tube) $3.90

Appearance Notes
Pretty good looking cigar, no large veins

Construction Notes
Solid cigar, plenty of tobacco no fost or hard spots

AshColor: White
AshStructure: Typical
Draw: Tight
Aroma: Fair
Smoked_To: Less than Half Smoked
Strength: Mild
Scale: Blah...

Taste Notes
Very mild cigar, no change in taste throughout the cigar

Overall Notes
I smoke about 1/2 this cigar. Very mild and not a tremendous amount of smoke. Not a cigar I would reach for again but is a good cigar for a new BOTL

JR Said: Romeo y Julieta was regretfully one of the landmark brands that suffered greatly during the recent cigar boom, due to scarce tobacco and overproduction. Thankfully, the last two years have allowed Altadis to return this blend to its roots. It's back to being an excellent, medium-bodied blend with flavors of oak and coffee and an entrancing aroma. If you haven't smoked this cigar recently, you really should make a point of doing so.

SD Said: Thanks for the review bro.

Sorry I'm late SD but I just finished the review of #30.
Thanks for having me in your taste test :thumbs:

Review Cigar #30 - CoventryCat86

30. ISOM Bolivar Corona 11/98 5.5x42 $7.00

Appearance: Outstanding

Appearance Notes
Nice looking cigar

Construction: Outstanding

Construction Notes
Nice construction.

Burn: Very Even
AshColor: Dark Grey
Draw: Perfect
Scale: Great Smoke
Class: Low End ISOM

TasteNotes
Taste is kind of flat for my liking but since I like that full bodied peppery taste, this would be more suited for those who like a more mellow cigar. This cigar certainlly behaves like a Havana.

OverallNotes
Again, kind of flat but if it's not a Partagas Corona, it's a darn good alternative

SD Said: :thumbs: