• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blu-bacon dip AKA "Crack in a bowl"

Batch #2 of this just about bit the dust last night. Another is in progress for the weekend.

Bacon strips, and bacon strips, and bacon strips, and bacon strips........:p

Here we go, a little inspiration to jump start you guys.

Let's start with frying a pound of bacon first...had to go Cowboy Style and pan fry...

DSC01418.jpg

After frying the bacon and letting it cool a bit, I chopped it up in my small food processor...

DSC01419.jpg

With my ground up bacon in the bowl, I took out the rest of the ingredients and got ready to "stir the hell out of it"....

DSC01420.jpg

I have no idea if this is what it's supposed to look like after it's stirred, but here it is...

DSC01421.jpg

I put it in a container and we will patiently wait until tomorrow to break it out to the crowd. I bought Ruffles and Frito Scoops as instructed.

This is really easy and the longest part was the frying of the bacon...if I can do this, anyone can!

Now on to the Super Bowl...

GO BIG BLUE!

PS: I almost forgot to give props to my helper...thanks for cleaning up the floor Little Peeps, at 10 weeks old she eats ANYTHING!

DSC01415.jpg

Dug into the batch I made on Wednesday...just to make sure it will be ready for tomorrow. I've never had one sit for this long and I could have killed it off myself. Damn it was good.

Whipped up a double batch yesterday for the game today. Hit of the party! Can't wait to try a burger topped with it...... *drool*

Thank you, Ray! :thumbs:

I made a batch as well. Put it together Saturday morning early and took it over to the neighbors for the game. Hit of the party there as well!! Freakin awesome.....you could out that stuff on an old flip flop and it would be good.

Huge, huge, huge hit on Super Bowl Sunday...thanks Ray. People were writing down the directions I gave after they had 1 or 2 bites!

The Frito Scoops seemed to be the preferred dipping chip...I liked the Ruffles. It's all in the salt of the chip that plays off the dip flavor.

"Crack in a Bowl" is the perfect description... ;)

Yummy. I'm going to have to substitute Neuchaftel for the cream cheese (I don't know why it makes a difference, but cream cheese tears me up and Neuchaftel doesn't) but I'm definitely going to make a batch of this over the holidays. :thumbs:

Bacon . . . :love:

~Boar
Does the Neufchâtel taste just as good?

I love when older threads are bumped. :thumbs: Thanks... now I have a new recipe to try out !

In the fridge for Sunday! Made a double batch almost didn't all fit in the food processor.

Breaking out a batch for the playoffs and football.

For me, there are now two issues with this fantastic drip.

1) I've made it for so many people, whether at my house or when we're invited to parties, that if I show up WITHOUT it....I catch a ton of $hit for not making it! I now have to train everyone to ask me ahead of time to make it. This training exercise is one that has been quickly adopted so far.

2) My girlfriend now tells me that it's making her fat.

You know it's been integrated into one's lifestyle that when you go food shopping and I'm in the dairy section...it's now milk, eggs, pepper bacon, crumbled blue cheese, sour cream, and soft cream cheese. Also, I now buy horseradish* in giant jars at Costco...those little ones that used to last me a year (prior to my addiction) aren't cuttin' it any more!

* I don't stir in the hot sauce at the end anymore...I just quadruple up on the horseradish for a little more subdued type of heat.

I could make it every week but I'd become part of the couch if I did. Holding off until the Series for the next batch.

Sounds and looks like winner.....

It's on for this weekend!

Thanks....

Making this now for a Super Bowl get-together tomorrow. Using Siracha as the hot sauce.

Made up a batch yesterday. Tried to seek a taste yesterday anded ended up devouring half a bag of ruffles I could not stop. Crack indeed. This is some seriously good stuff. I can't wait to hear my buddies go nuts over this for the game. Thanks for sharing Ray. Thi is phenomenal.

Recipe update on the first post

tomthirtysix said:
Made this Saturday for Sunday, and it was a huge hit. Made a good topping for burgers at one point during the day. Thanks for the recipe, Ray.
This. Sounds like it would be unbelievable over any kind of beef. I'll have to ponder the applications a bit. Perhaps it might also cure depression and loneliness?

Busting this out for Super Bowl first time. I made it ahead of time to set up. I like it spicy, so the ghost dust and Habanero Sauce with the horseradish makes it quite a ride! I'm thinking of adding another pound of bacon!
74ac3cb978d55e919cbeeea6dc06e6fc_zpsf0b18c52.jpg