• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blu-bacon dip AKA "Crack in a bowl"

Michelob Ultra is not allowed to be served with Crack In A Bowl.  Read the user agreement.

Just finished making a double batch with 3lbs of bacon in it.  Now to see if I can let it sit until Sunday.

I made a heavy duty double batch yesterday with 3lbs of bacon in it.  This morning I took a good sized spoonful and mixed it in with my scrambled eggs while they were cooking. Pretty damn tasty.  This stuff is going to last even less time than normal now.

Haha scrambled eggs? That's an interesting approach. I think I'll try two pounds of bacon first.

First batch is made and in the fridge. How much hot sause do you use and is franks ok?

Tall Paul said:
First batch is made and in the fridge. How much hot sause do you use and is franks ok?

Any hot sauce will work Paul, the amount added is up to you. Take a little bit out of the batch and experiment with the degree of hotness, then go from there.

I always split the batch in half...one with hot sauce, one without. I found not everyone was a fan of the hot version

ironpeddler said:

Any hot sauce will work Paul, the amount added is up to you. Take a little bit out of the batch and experiment with the degree of hotness, then go from there.

I always split the batch in half...one with hot sauce, one without. I found not everyone was a fan of the hot version
We'll I have a single batch for myself. (Wife is a veggie lover) I will do some testing now. I'm thinking I should have added the sause already so that's in there as we'll overnight. Back to the kitchen I go.

Tall Paul said:

We'll I have a single batch for myself. (Wife is a veggie lover) I will do some testing now. I'm thinking I should have added the sause already so that's in there as we'll overnight. Back to the kitchen I go.

I've always added it right at the time of consumption...I think that was Ray's instructions. 

ironpeddler said:

I've always added it right at the time of consumption...I think that was Ray's instructions. 

AVB said:
1 8oz tub of whipped cream cheese
3/4- 1 cup of crumbled blue cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon hot prepared horseradish
1 small onion minced
1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
6 pieces (or more!) of crumbled pepper bacon (can use regular if you don't want it so spicy)
Hot sauce (added at the end)

Mix everything together in a food processor or just stir the hell out of it, add hot sauce to taste.
Let the dip sit overnight in the fridge

Pig out.

I did it now in half and will see how it tastes tomorrow for the game. It is very good right now. both the one with sauce and the one without. I'm assuming it develops a little more over night. 

gallery_13257_1651_1256592.jpg

Tall Paul said:

AVB said:
1 8oz tub of whipped cream cheese
3/4- 1 cup of crumbled blue cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon hot prepared horseradish
1 small onion minced
1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
6 pieces (or more!) of crumbled pepper bacon (can use regular if you don't want it so spicy)
Hot sauce (added at the end)

Mix everything together in a food processor or just stir the hell out of it, add hot sauce to taste.
Let the dip sit overnight in the fridge

Pig out.

I did it now in half and will see how it tastes tomorrow for the game. It is very good right now. both the one with sauce and the one without. I'm assuming it develops a little more over night. 

gallery_13257_1651_1256592.jpg

Also grab a bag of Frito Scoops...those are awesome with it. Plus they are thicker to dredge through that bacony goodness! 

ETA: they look perfect!

Frank's a little light, buy some real hot sauce when you go get the chips.  If you have some good Habanero sauce then start with one teaspoon for a full batch and go from there.  If you are messing with Ghost pepper sauce I have no idea how much to use.

I made this for new years....I think I used WAY too much onion!  It was over powering.  If I was to do it again, I would add another tub of Blue Cheese, cut a 1/4 off of the cream cheese, and then use barely any onion.

I did say a small onion.  Just made my double batch for Sunday.  It is so much better after it sits for 2 days but hard as hell to let it sit for 2 days..

I made this too.  Need to avoid doing it for a while.  Way too addicting. Definitely appropriately named.
Next time I give it a go I'm going to reserve some without onion and try bits with scallion and another with shallot. 

AVB said:
I did say a small onion.  ..
I know, I screwed it up on my end.

But when you say a small onion do you mean like a shallot or a full small yellow onion?