• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boswell Pass II - IN PROGRESS

Takes:

Boswell Cherry Blast
Boswell Raspberry Cream
G.L. Pease Barbary Coast

Puts:

McClelland Grand Oriental Yenidye Highlander (50 g tin)
McCranie's Sweet Savannah (1 oz)
McCranie's Southport (1.75 oz bag) -- their small size bag
McCranie's Old Master (1.75 oz bag)

For descriptions go to:

http://www.mccranies.com/tobacco_custom.html
http://tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm...=G&TID=2836

A little bit of everything in my puts (a oriental, an aromatic, a red flake Virginia with Perique, and a straight burley). On TR.com, some reviewers have confirmed that Southport is actually McCelland Bulk number 2015 renamed for Charlotte folks. I personally love it and recommend trying it with a spicy bloody mary (great combo in my opinion). I recommended you read reviews of Sweet Savannah prior to smoking. Great aroma in the bag, great room note, and it is a no nonsense aromatic = it gives you peach and keeps it coming. Box received a patch job via duck tape prior to shipping. Do not cut where there is duck tape. Try to look for my cut marks ... the PO used just enough tape to keep it secure. Whoever is the last piper standing please retire this poor box, it will have completed a fantastic journey.

As of today the box weighs 4lbs 13 ozs. I could smell the contents across the room. When I finally got the box open (oh torture to know what was inside and not getting it opened fast enough), I thought this is what the kid in a candy store feeling was like. It is a bittersweet moment when it comes but a pleasent surprise when you open it.

The package is away.

Very nicely done EverPresent1. Thanks for the two extra puts! :thumbs:
I'm assuming you took Cherry "Smash" since I don't think we have a Cherry Blast??
And thanks for inventorying the box and catching my mistake on the Black Cherry. Thanks for participating, and enjoy!

Heads up remaining PIPERS it should land by Friday, Saturday at the latest.
animated_pipe_snowman.gif

Correction! Brew is correct. Blasted was what I felt like last night...Smashed is how I felt this morning. Fist clinched and snarl on my face for the presence of Patron in my diet last night.

Can't wait to try everything out.

I literally had a nightmare last night that this showed up at my house and the box was a mess and falling apart. I tried smelling it but the box had no scent at all and I was so disappointed. When I went to open it, the side of the box broke and all the tobacco spilled out of the bags and tins on the floor and went everywhere. I was panicking and tried to sweep it into a pile and seperate it leaf by leaf but I just couldn't do it.

Yeah, these are the things I dream about. After that I was in a plane flying down a river on my way to China being chased by a tranforming Nascar robot. No joke.

Quick question on what I had planned as my puts:

I bought three ounces of three bulk blends my B&M carries; Dark English, 965 and Bombay. I knew the 965 was Dunhill but wasn't sure of the blender of the other two so I went back in today to inquire and I the lady looked at the bags and told me the Dark English is from McClelland and the Bombay is from Stokkebye. After some searching the only Bombay I can see is also from McClelland. I can't find a Stokkebye called Bombay on tobaccoreviews.com so I'm a little confused and would like to ask the experts here what they thought. Regardless of who makes it, it is an outstanding blend that I really enjoy. They had Sharks there too so it wasn't a complete waste of time. :whistling:

Not all blends are listed on Tobacco Reviews. However, I can't find a reference to any blend called Bombay by Stokkebye. I'm no expert, though.

Great P/Ts. I was a bit concerned about the box, but it was in one piece when it left. They must have been a bit rougher with it than I expected. It is a treat to open that treasure chest.

Alan, have you ever had the McClelland's Bombay then? I'm leaning towards this being a McClelland blend rather than Stokkebye.

I literally had a nightmare last night that this showed up at my house and the box was a mess and falling apart. I tried smelling it but the box had no scent at all and I was so disappointed. When I went to open it, the side of the box broke and all the tobacco spilled out of the bags and tins on the floor and went everywhere. I was panicking and tried to sweep it into a pile and seperate it leaf by leaf but I just couldn't do it.

Yeah, these are the things I dream about. After that I was in a plane flying down a river on my way to China being chased by a tranforming Nascar robot. No joke.

Damn I want some of what you're smoking??
hummm.gif
Not. :laugh:

Damn I want some of what you're smoking??
hummm.gif
Not. :laugh:

Haha, I'll blame all the organic cold remedies my girlfriend has me on. They work really well but I can only ingest so many flowers, seeds and herbs before it starts going to my brain. :D

Quick question on what I had planned as my puts:

I bought three ounces of three bulk blends my B&M carries; Dark English, 965 and Bombay. I knew the 965 was Dunhill but wasn't sure of the blender of the other two so I went back in today to inquire and I the lady looked at the bags and told me the Dark English is from McClelland and the Bombay is from Stokkebye. After some searching the only Bombay I can see is also from McClelland. I can't find a Stokkebye called Bombay on tobaccoreviews.com so I'm a little confused and would like to ask the experts here what they thought. Regardless of who makes it, it is an outstanding blend that I really enjoy. They had Sharks there too so it wasn't a complete waste of time. :whistling:

Not all blends are listed on Tobacco Reviews. However, I can't find a reference to any blend called Bombay by Stokkebye. I'm no expert, though.

Great P/Ts. I was a bit concerned about the box, but it was in one piece when it left. They must have been a bit rougher with it than I expected. It is a treat to open that treasure chest.

Alan, have you ever had the McClelland's Bombay then? I'm leaning towards this being a McClelland blend rather than Stokkebye.
I've had the Bombay Court, but I'm not sure if it's available in bulk form, I've only seen tins. There may be a bulk equivalent, but I'm not sure what it would be. I would maybe try to call and talk to someone else and see what kind of answer they give you. If they give you the same answer, they may know something that we don't. :)

The tinned Bombay Court is a very good blend if you like Orientals.

Todays the day...where is this gonna land???

Going on our family trek to cut down our tree today...perfect opportunity for a pipe. :thumbs:

Package has reached its destination city at 6:00 am this morning. I don't know if the carrier will deliver with today's mail or Monday's. Remaining Pipers be sure to check your mail.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Logged on after a busy Saturday so far and saw Nathan's post about it reaching it's destination. I slowly opened the front door and saw nothing. Then, in the corner of our front stoop my eye caught a glimpse of something. Brown package with USPS tape all around it. Son of a ..... !! But it was well worth being the latest in the line of pipers struck down, because the box does indeed smell beautiful and it was a sight to behold; all of this leafy goodness. I won't have time to get this out today but will do so Monday. I might trade boxes for the last 5 journeys as this brave box has done it's part and then some. If there are no objections, I will trade at work Monday and send it on to it's next victim (i.e. which ever of the five remaining pipers PMs me last with the promise of sending me some free pipe tobacco :laugh: :sign: ) Here are my Takes and Puts:

1) Take: Peterson Old Dublin Tin. Put: McClelland's Virginia No. 25 50 oz. can
2) Take: Boswell's Bear Blend. Put: 3oz McClelland's Dark English Full
3) Freebie Take: Boswell's Rum River. Freebie Put: 3x1oz bags of Dunhill's 965. Appearantly this isn't what it used to be but from what I've heard it isn't easy to find so I thought I would let my fellow CPers try some if they desired. Please feel free to take an ounce of this if you'd like to.
4) Put: David's Briar Shoppe Coventry. I included a couple of ounces of what I used to smoke on and off over the years. Before I was turned on to the real world of pipe smoking I used to smoke this aromatic. I still think it smells pretty good but haven't lit any up in a couple of years. Please feel free to take this if you'd like.

A very hearfelt thank you go out to Tim for host this pass and to the good folks at Boswell's. I've yet to be able to use you good folks but rest assured that my first pipe purchase will be from you. Tim, thank you so much for the generous way this pass was run and for the organization and attention to detail it took to run it so well. It was a real treat to watch it unfold and I will continue to watch it until the last piper falls. I will PM you with the next victim as soon as my children pick an envelope. If you'll excuse me, I have some forcefield repairing to do......

Sorry to see you get it and believe me I didn't want to HAVE to mail it but glad to see it was delivered today.

Great P/Ts. :)

I've decided to disengage my force field. With the Christmas lights and the damn heat on all the time (-4*F right now :angry:) I just can't justify the electrical costs. :laugh:

Pick a winner!

Wow great puts & takes! With only a few weeks left before the Holidays, it looks like the last piper is going to be receiving one heck of a Christmas gift!

Good luck everyone!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Logged on after a busy Saturday so far and saw Nathan's post about it reaching it's destination. I slowly opened the front door and saw nothing. Then, in the corner of our front stoop my eye caught a glimpse of something. Brown package with USPS tape all around it. Son of a ..... !! But it was well worth being the latest in the line of pipers struck down, because the box does indeed smell beautiful and it was a sight to behold; all of this leafy goodness. I won't have time to get this out today but will do so Monday. I might trade boxes for the last 5 journeys as this brave box has done it's part and then some. If there are no objections, I will trade at work Monday and send it on to it's next victim (i.e. which ever of the five remaining pipers PMs me last with the promise of sending me some free pipe tobacco :laugh: :sign: ) Here are my Takes and Puts:

1) Take: Peterson Old Dublin Tin. Put: McClelland's Virginia No. 25 50 oz. can
2) Take: Boswell's Bear Blend. Put: 3oz McClelland's Dark English Full
3) Freebie Take: Boswell's Rum River. Freebie Put: 3x1oz bags of Dunhill's 965. Appearantly this isn't what it used to be but from what I've heard it isn't easy to find so I thought I would let my fellow CPers try some if they desired. Please feel free to take an ounce of this if you'd like to.
4) Put: David's Briar Shoppe Coventry. I included a couple of ounces of what I used to smoke on and off over the years. Before I was turned on to the real world of pipe smoking I used to smoke this aromatic. I still think it smells pretty good but haven't lit any up in a couple of years. Please feel free to take this if you'd like.

A very hearfelt thank you go out to Tim for host this pass and to the good folks at Boswell's. I've yet to be able to use you good folks but rest assured that my first pipe purchase will be from you. Tim, thank you so much for the generous way this pass was run and for the organization and attention to detail it took to run it so well. It was a real treat to watch it unfold and I will continue to watch it until the last piper falls. I will PM you with the next victim as soon as my children pick an envelope. If you'll excuse me, I have some forcefield repairing to do......

Thanks for the prompt attention MoeCizlack, and you went a bit over the top with your puts! This box is going to make a lucky piper a nice selection of tobacco! And if we can keep this moving perhaps it can be on its way to the lucky "Last Piper" by Christmas. :thumbs:
pipe2.gif

Inventory has been updated. Thanks again for participating and getting this on its way in the morning!

animated_pipe_snowman.gif

With Tim's permission, I'm going to make one more P/T. I inventoried the package one last time before sealing it up (Ok, I didn't count anything. I just wanted to sniff again) and I really like the smell of that McCranie's Southport (McClellands Bulk 2015). So my additional Put/Take is this:

4) Take: 3oz. McCranie's Southport Put: 3oz. McClelland's Bombay.

The package went out over my lunch today. I went ahead and put the contents in a new box as the old one had seen better days. I've PMd Tim with the DC as well. What a great morning I had with that opened box of pipe tobacco sitting mere inches from me on my desk. Ahhhhhhh :love:

The next piper should be struck down by Thursday and my advanced apologies to the next in line. It was my son's fault.

Thanks again Tim and all the participants for allowing me in. This was a real treat for me and I look forward to following this to the end and seeing who the last piper left alive will be.

Guys please note my addy has changed. In profile. Sorry should have clarified this is as of this upcoming Friday.