• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boswell Pass II - IN PROGRESS

That's the last GD time I listen to a salesman... :angry:

:laugh:

T: Autumn Blend (freebie)
Boswell Mild English
Peterson Sweet Killarney (tin)

P: Hoyo de Monterrey pipe tobacco (Habana)
Peterson Sherlock Holmes (tin)

Next victim has been selected and I'm taking it to the package to the PO shortly.

Thanks, Tim!

Alan,
Blame my 11 year old daughter for picking your envelope out of the bundle. We had her pick. I did LOL when I opened it though.
Mike

Hello all,

Just got back home, had a fantastic trip.
I've updated the puts and takes etc. Thanks everyone for keeping this moving. LilBastage, fantastic turn-around!

I hope it's not too late Alan, but Iowa is closed for the weekend. If I was the next person in line, please make arrangements to have me skipped. :laugh:

Great turnaround and great puts!!!

Alan,
Blame my 11 year old daughter for picking your envelope out of the bundle. We had her pick. I did LOL when I opened it though.
Mike

Kids'll get you every time! :laugh:

I hope the rest of you guys are ready. That is one nice smelling box traveling the country. You will get no hints from me as to where it's headed! :p

:whistling: Someone needs to check their mailbox... :whistling:

"USPS.COM" said:
Your item was delivered at 2:36 PM on December 1, 2008 in CHARLOTTE, NC 28210.

I hope this stays away from me for the next week or so, at least until this cold passes so I can fully enjoy the smell from this box. :(

I just hope it's at its current destination and being attended to.

???

Received. Checked the box on a hunch yesturday but no notification. Thanks Tim for the heads up as always the box was in the office. I will update takes and puts later. This will be sent asap tomorrow morning.

Received. Checked the box on a hunch yesturday but no notification. Thanks Tim for the heads up as always the box was in the office. I will update takes and puts later. This will be sent asap tomorrow morning.

Glad it is safely in hand...no problem on the heads-up.

Quick question on what I had planned as my puts:

I bought three ounces of three bulk blends my B&M carries; Dark English, 965 and Bombay. I knew the 965 was Dunhill but wasn't sure of the blender of the other two so I went back in today to inquire and I the lady looked at the bags and told me the Dark English is from McClelland and the Bombay is from Stokkebye. After some searching the only Bombay I can see is also from McClelland. I can't find a Stokkebye called Bombay on tobaccoreviews.com so I'm a little confused and would like to ask the experts here what they thought. Regardless of who makes it, it is an outstanding blend that I really enjoy. They had Sharks there too so it wasn't a complete waste of time. :whistling:

Takes:

Boswell Cherry Blast
Boswell Raspberry Cream
G.L. Pease Barbary Coast

Puts:

McClelland Grand Oriental Yenidye Highlander (50 g tin)
McCranie's Sweet Savannah (1 oz)
McCranie's Southport (1.75 oz bag) -- their small size bag
McCranie's Old Master (1.75 oz bag)

For descriptions go to:

http://www.mccranies.com/tobacco_custom.html
http://tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm...=G&TID=2836

A little bit of everything in my puts (a oriental, an aromatic, a red flake Virginia with Perique, and a straight burley). On TR.com, some reviewers have confirmed that Southport is actually McCelland Bulk number 2015 renamed for Charlotte folks. I personally love it and recommend trying it with a spicy bloody mary (great combo in my opinion). I recommended you read reviews of Sweet Savannah prior to smoking. Great aroma in the bag, great room note, and it is a no nonsense aromatic = it gives you peach and keeps it coming. Box received a patch job via duck tape prior to shipping. Do not cut where there is duck tape. Try to look for my cut marks ... the PO used just enough tape to keep it secure. Whoever is the last piper standing please retire this poor box, it will have completed a fantastic journey.

As of today the box weighs 4lbs 13 ozs. I could smell the contents across the room. When I finally got the box open (oh torture to know what was inside and not getting it opened fast enough), I thought this is what the kid in a candy store feeling was like. It is a bittersweet moment when it comes but a pleasent surprise when you open it.

The package is away.

wow.... almost 5 lb of sweet tobaccoey tastiness... :eek:
if someone is able, could we maybe see a picture or two of the box of goodies?
do warn us though, so we don't flood out our keyboards ;)

Quick question on what I had planned as my puts:

I bought three ounces of three bulk blends my B&M carries; Dark English, 965 and Bombay. I knew the 965 was Dunhill but wasn't sure of the blender of the other two so I went back in today to inquire and I the lady looked at the bags and told me the Dark English is from McClelland and the Bombay is from Stokkebye. After some searching the only Bombay I can see is also from McClelland. I can't find a Stokkebye called Bombay on tobaccoreviews.com so I'm a little confused and would like to ask the experts here what they thought. Regardless of who makes it, it is an outstanding blend that I really enjoy. They had Sharks there too so it wasn't a complete waste of time. :whistling:

Not all blends are listed on Tobacco Reviews. However, I can't find a reference to any blend called Bombay by Stokkebye. I'm no expert, though.

Great P/Ts. I was a bit concerned about the box, but it was in one piece when it left. They must have been a bit rougher with it than I expected. It is a treat to open that treasure chest.

The bottom of the box had a "ding". Nothing duck tape can't cure though. The contents were all in good shape.

Strangely enough I was thinking about taking a pic but ended up going out last night for the Acc vs Big Twelve games. Rough morning...I was fortunate to make it to the PO today.

The bottom of the box had a "ding". Nothing duck tape can't cure though. The contents were all in good shape.

Strangely enough I was thinking about taking a pic but ended up going out last night for the Acc vs Big Twelve games. Rough morning...I was fortunate to make it to the PO today.

You mean Big (11) Ten, right? I'm not looking forward to tonight's Wake-Indiana game. I'm very optimistic for my Hoosiers' future, but it's going to take a year or two.

:blush:

Great puts and takes!

I have about a 1/2 pound of McClelland #2015 which is the same as Southport which I did not know. It is realllllly good. Powerful stuff and really tasty.

:D

I'm off to pad lock my mailbox.

haha....the same Big X (that doesn't include Notre Dame in football because they have their own TV deal) conference...My tigers picked up a nice win last night vs. Illinois. Can't wait to see if we can stick it to Duke and Carolina this year.