• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boswell Pass II - IN PROGRESS

I've got about two onces of gatlin burley i would love to send in for anything from boswell.

You can use ziploc snack size bags, they'll hold an ounce or two.

When the pass gets to you, go through it and decide what you want. Then you'll do your puts & takes on here. List them here in this thread, then PM the next person in line to see if they are ready. Send it Priority mail with a DC # (which also needs to be posted here), and you're good to go!

Just make sure all the bags you sniff are re-closed!!!!! The rules will be posted before the pass begins. If you wanna try a couple different Boswell's blends, just have a couple ounces (or tins) of different blends to "put" in the pass. Oh, and don't over-think it & have fun! :thumbs:

I have a few other blends from gatlin burlier, I guess i can part with a once of each or so.

I have a few other blends from gatlin burlier, I guess i can part with a once of each or so.

???
I think these are decisions you'll make once the pass gets to you and you see something in it you'r interested in.
For now brotha lets get this thing going, everyone will coach you as it moves along. ;)

???
I think these are decisions you'll make once the pass gets to you and you see something in it you'r interested in.
For now brotha lets get this thing going, everyone will coach you as it moves along. ;)
Alright that sound great,thanks for all help everyone.

Sorry, I answered that prematurely. I thought you were asking a question about this pass. I didn't realize you were just throwing that out there. :blush:
Chris

Its a funny image to see a store manager launching handfuls of tobacco at you. I assumed that zip lock bag would be sufficient, but figured I'd be the newb to ask anyway.

Sounds good

Might it be prudent to send this to one of us that's been in a pass or in last year's pass first so the newer guys get an idea of how things should go, Tim?

I know it may throw the order into a tizzy, but it might be easier for the newer folks to actually see a turn or two before they get the box.

Just throwing it out there...

So there's a box starting out with Boswell tobacco's, whoever receives the box get's to take out as much as they want but they refill with other tobaccos?

So there's a box starting out with Boswell tobacco's, whoever receives the box get's to take out as much as they want but they refill with other tobaccos?

Doug, you really need to go read last years pass thread to get an idea of how this works. The host starts the pass with the Boswell blends. Then he mails it to the 1st person on the pass list. They then do their puts & takes and send it to the next person on the list. Then he gets it, does the same and so on til it goes around the country and back to the host. As far as taking "all they want", just remember there are others that haven't tried some of Boswell's baccy. Most people do a swap of 2 or 3. Of course if you're down on the pass list, there may or may not be a whole lot of their blends left. The pass rules will be posted on the 1st page of this thread when the pass is ready to go.

Alan, good idea. :thumbs:

Doug, you really need to go read last years pass thread to get an idea of how this works. The host starts the pass with the Boswell blends. Then he mails it to the 1st person on the pass list. They then do their puts & takes and send it to the next person on the list. Then he gets it, does the same and so on til it goes around the country and back to the host. As far as taking "all they want", just remember there are others that haven't tried some of Boswell's baccy. Most people do a swap of 2 or 3. Of course if you're down on the pass list, there may or may not be a whole lot of their blends left. The pass rules will be posted on the 1st page of this thread when the pass is ready to go.

Alan, good idea. :thumbs:
Thank you for clearing it up for me. Two or three sounds good.

Its a funny image to see a store manager launching handfuls of tobacco at you. I assumed that zip lock bag would be sufficient, but figured I'd be the newb to ask anyway.

Sounds good

Actually I'd envisioned him carefully transferring a handful to you so you could carefully stuff it into your pocket. :laugh:

OK, so far from the old thread, we have the following participates, in no particular order:
  1. BrewMeister
  2. BigJake6904
  3. TampaSupremo
  4. Benjamin Button
  5. LilBastage
  6. Mr Wolf
  7. MoeCizlack
  8. LoveTheLeaf
  9. Everpresent1
  10. GunsandCigars88
  11. joshmickelson

We can do whatever. So long as it is the consensus among the participates. Ideas? Suggestions?

OK, bit of an update.

1. If your name isn't listed above, you are not in the pass. We can still add one or two more Pipers, so if you want to participate, say so.
2. Of the names above I'm waiting on address, phone, and email info for two one individuals, number 10 & 11.
3. Still looking to launch early next week.
4. Any Questions - first read through our 2007 pass thread. If you're still unclear, ask. There are no stupid questions.

Good call Brew.

When I stopped in the B&M today after work to try a few new flavors I was half expecting a "launching" or a "careful pass to the pocket" as standard protocol. Luckily for me and the other patrons enjoying their afternoon, finer gentleman devised this complex system of transferring from scale to labeled bag. It was worth a hearty laugh on the way in and out of the store this afternoon as I as well as others may have had a disturbing day. The two I picked up I think I will be pleased with.

Looking forward to the pass!

OK picked up all the goodies from Boswells today! I have everyone's shipping info as of now.
We have room for maybe one or two more. I'll cut this off at midnight the 1st of November (TOMORROW). Then I'll get the firing order posted etc. If you have any absences planned in the next month or so, now would be a good time to let me know so we can perhaps avoid a problem.

Man this is awesome, I can't wait. Thanks so much BM for putting it together!
Chris