• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BOTL's in Arms Pass

Anyone know much about the Taurus Millenium Pro's?

I handled a few at a gun show this weekend and kinda fell in love...one of those in .40 or .45 seems like it would be an incredible carry weapon.

Well then, since this thing is going to be here with a quickness, here are my proposed P/T’s for review:

T 14) Sancho Panza Molino (2003) P 87) Bolivar Coronas Extra 1998
T 23) Avo 80th P 88) AF BTL
T 48) Davidoff LE 2007 Puro Robusto P 89) Opus X Reserva D'Chateau 2007
T 78) HDM EL 2007 P 90) Ramon Allones Eminecia Swiss Regional Edicion 2007
T 81) Cohiba Magicos Maduro 07' P 91) Cohiba Siglo IV BGM 2007. Oops.....caught that before y'all did. :thumbs:

The Davidoff has an MSRP of $4 than the Opus, so here again we run into the question of what value to put on rarity. The Davidoffs are available at every davidoff retailer still, and the RDC has multiple values based off of our MSRP and whether or not it was bought in the 3 cigar tin (which bumps MSRP $3). So if it was a tin release (and the same cigar) that puts us at a 17/16 with a dollar to makeup for rarity, which to me would be fine. I may be showing some bias here for the RDC :love: so if anyone else would like to pitch in their thoughts, you're more than welcome.

The first two are undoubtedly good.
The last two trades are both within .50 and look good to me.

Edit: Spelling

No input guys?!? ???

A question I brought up a long time ago was about stock refurbishing on antique weaponry. Most of my rifles are old military rifles from the 40's and I have one from the 60's. All three shoot very well, though they look dull and "old." I've seen the work of some guys that refurbish guns, but then again, I'm just looking to bring out the colors in the stock again.

A couple of things that were brought to my attention was that I could literally "bake" the stock in the oven, rotating it ever half our on a cookie sheet while the oils seep from the wood. And another suggestion was to put a towel around the stock and put a heating blanket on the outside of the towel for heat application, so that the oils would slowly seep out at lower temperatures than the oven.

Does anyone one else know of any techniques I could use? I just wanted to explore my options before I actually did anything to my rifles.

Guys, I have revised my P/T to remove the Davidoff/RDC. I agree and have no qualms about pulling it.

Revised:

T 78) HDM EL 2007 P 89) Ramon Allones Eminecia Swiss Regional Edicion 2007
T 81) Cohiba Magicos Maduro 07' P 90) BGM 2007

The pass arrived, and I will be a busy madman today and tomorrow. I will do my P/T's and inspections and have this thing on the road Saturday morning as long as the next participant will be ready.

Gunsandcigars88, will you be ready for the pass to fly on Sat?

Jake, as for the old guns, I did the same thing....I have an old M44 that I dismantled and let sit in the heat for a few hours to release the cosmeline. It still let off some more after I fired it. That stuff is wicked and everywhere. You can bake it on "warm" in the oven....I would suggest leaving the oven door cracked, then clean as usual.

Thanks for your input and letting me play!

It's been a pleasure!

As far as the cosmeline...I have an M44 and that stuff pissed me off so much, I just got a black synthetic stock for it. :laugh:

Thinking of planning a "shooting vacation". This something I have been throwing around for a while. Basically instead of going on a trip where I lay around and get fatter this one would be doing something. I have been thinking about taking a basic pistol course at the Gunsite Academy out in Arizona. Its a three day course for $900 plus your equipment and traveling expenses. So i am probably looking at $2000 total. Its a bit steep but I bet it would be a lot of fun and get me on the right track with my shooting. Just a thought (out loud)...

No info on the little Tauruses? Ca'mon! with the vast knowledge of this group....

No info on the little Tauruses? Ca'mon! with the vast knowledge of this group....

Sorry dude...I can't help. I carry (from time to time) a Taurus PT 940. I buddy of mine has the one you are asking about but I don't have much experience with it. Overall I am not a big fan of Taurus. Mine has had to be sent off for repair a few more times than I would like. The first time was after shooting about 10 rolls brands new out of the box. The trigger bar snapped for some reason. The lifetime garuantee is great but unfortunately from my experience and others...you will end up using it.

Sorry dude...I can't help. I carry (from time to time) a Taurus PT 940. I buddy of mine has the one you are asking about but I don't have much experience with it. Overall I am not a big fan of Taurus. Mine has had to be sent off for repair a few more times than I would like. The first time was after shooting about 10 rolls brands new out of the box. The trigger bar snapped for some reason. The lifetime garuantee is great but unfortunately from my experience and others...you will end up using it.

They seem to be so hit or miss...some folks get great shooters right out of the box, no problems no nothing, others...not so lucky.

But for 380 bucks...how can you go wrong? Provided it doesn't fail when I need to rely on it, haha. I feel, however, that if you have a gun you'll know whether it's prone to issues after routine testing.

Thinking of planning a "shooting vacation". This something I have been throwing around for a while. Basically instead of going on a trip where I lay around and get fatter this one would be doing something. I have been thinking about taking a basic pistol course at the Gunsite Academy out in Arizona. Its a three day course for $900 plus your equipment and traveling expenses. So i am probably looking at $2000 total. Its a bit steep but I bet it would be a lot of fun and get me on the right track with my shooting. Just a thought (out loud)...

If you do this and you want to travel south of the Academy about 2 hours, let me know, we'll herf.

As for the Taurus, I have owned a few. Let me say this. I don't own any anymore. I don't know how their recent product has been, but my experience has always driven me away from them. Sometimes they would misfire, but mostly we had trigger issues. Even after a trigger job.....we still sold them.

Pass inspected, everything is good but there is a bit of "package pressing" to #47 near the head....nothing I would be concerned over, I would still take it if it was in my plays.

PM sent to guns&cigars.....

I could have this out and rolling tomorrow....

If you wouldn't mind, when you repack it, to put the Zino towards the center of the box, it'd be much appreciated.

It'd be a damned shame if a $30+ stick didn't survive the journey.

Thanks again mate!

Oh shit, sorry folks! I tried to make sure everything was packed down and kept away from the edges. If there's an issue with it please let me know and I'll make it right ASAP.

Cigar packed towards the center. I think is was pressing up against the hygro. It has kind of a round dent. Again, still perfectly smokable, I wouldn't stress.

Guys, I have revised my P/T to remove the Davidoff/RDC. I agree and have no qualms about pulling it.

Revised:

T 78) HDM EL 2007 P 89) Ramon Allones Eminecia Swiss Regional Edicion 2007
T 81) Cohiba Magicos Maduro 07' P 90) BGM 2007

The pass arrived, and I will be a busy madman today and tomorrow. I will do my P/T's and inspections and have this thing on the road Saturday morning as long as the next participant will be ready.

Gunsandcigars88, will you be ready for the pass to fly on Sat?

Jake, as for the old guns, I did the same thing....I have an old M44 that I dismantled and let sit in the heat for a few hours to release the cosmeline. It still let off some more after I fired it. That stuff is wicked and everywhere. You can bake it on "warm" in the oven....I would suggest leaving the oven door cracked, then clean as usual.

Thanks for your input and letting me play!

I'm ready for the pass RT! Let'er fly

If you are wanting to go somewhere to take some firearms training. Do it right, go to gunsite. They are a great group of instructors. I have never been there, but my trainer has been there on more than one occasion.

To be totally honest Marn. I wouldn't own a taurus, except for the .38 snubby. That is the only taurus that I approve of. They just have too many problems, and I can't afford to have a gun that may malfunction. Just my honest opinion.
B

I'm getting my CCW in march, and I don't know what to do. I dont want to only have my giant ass 1911 on the card, not the best carry weapon, no ambi safety, old school style sites and a 5" barrel.

I like the millennium pros alot, but i've heard as much bad as good. My only other real option i figure would be to sell off my 1911 and put that money with the money i'd spend on the taurus and buy a nice used 4" 1911 with better sites and features.

Or, pick up a .357 to carry every day loaded with .38

It is just as easy to carry a 5" 1911 as it is a 4". I have carried both. But you get more control and accuracy generally with the 5". unless you are buying a nicer 4", then you can get some more accuracy, but control will be the same. If you want something small and reliable to carry, then buy a .38 snubby. Smith or Taurus, this is the one gun that taurus makes that is good quality, IMO.
B

The length isn't the only concern with my 1911, its the sights and the safety and the fact that it is a basic as they come.

I'd like to buy a used kimber, to replace my bottom of the line Springfield. So, it's one of those 2 options. Sell springer and get a kimber or pick up a lil revolver to carry. Probably be the 2nd option...

I don't consider a Springfield 1911 bottom of the line. Maybe it's because I carry the same gone around with me (though not concealed). For the gun I will use for my CHL, I'll probably carry a 1911 Compact, unless I decide to carry the full-size on my Ankle, which I'll probably do. Not to sure yet.