• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Box of Padilla 1932 Toro

Padilla Cigars does not sell direct to this company.
We want to make sure we authenticate any of our product in the market.

Because of situations like the above, where we took steps to find out why and how one of our limited boxes was mishandled in such a way, we ran into an unauthorized dealer that for some reason does not want to reveal its source.
Not once has there been any mention of price fixing of any sort.
That is a serious allegation and extremely poor in judgement to post on a public forum.

I don't want to keep harping on this but we have to stand behind our product, especially when we see a couple of forums that have threads with a Padilla problem as its subject.

Guys, Frank is as good a guy as they come, as is Ernesto. You can take anything they say to heart. As a matter of fact, Padilla does not engage in price fixing in any way shape or form. I have never had Frank or Ernesto ever tell me what I could or could not charge for there product. I'm so confident in Frank and Ernesto that if you guys have problems getting your damaged sticks replaced, I'll replace them for you.

Al

Al,

I'm glad you're a part of this community. :thumbs:

I'm confident the good men who've responded in this thread will make it right by us and their customers wherever they may be.

Wilkey

Julian (cigarplace.biz) I also applaud you for your generous return policy. I don't want you to think that I was saying anything other than Ernesto and Frank are both great guys that I would stand up for anytime and stake my reputation on.

Al

Greetings!

The truth of the matter regarding the damaged box is that the website which provided this box is not even an authorized retailer of Padilla Cigars.
When I was made aware of this situation, I quickly contacted Marc and naturally asked where he obtained this box.
We make a very limited quantity of cigars and to tell you the truth, any and every order that goes through our office passes through Ernesto's hands as well as mine.
Hell, we package most of the orders as well!

Long story short, when we found out the name of the website, we had never even heard of it. When we contacted them, they did not want to tell us where they received the product from.
Thus, situations like this arise where someone has received an obviously bad box and just by the look of it, I knew there was more to it than an oversight at the Little Havana factory.
Moving forward, we are marking all of our 1932 & 8/11 boxes with special codes that will allow us to find out what tobacconist originally ordered it. With such a small production, we cannot allow anyone to receive a subpar product and let alone not even know who the supplier was.

That being said, I appreciate the support on this forum and look to contribute more in the near future.

All the best,

Frank Santos
Padilla Cigars
frankie@padillacigars.com

After reading this I now feel the need to look around for a fiver or two, or maybe a sampler of Padilla cigars. I definately judge a business not only by their product but how they handle themself.

I have to say Frank Santos and Padilla Cigars have definately handled this in a way that should be any business. :thumbs:

I am in for a fiver too. PM me if anyone has some available.

Julian (cigarplace.biz) I also applaud you for your generous return policy. I don't want you to think that I was saying anything other than Ernesto and Frank are both great guys that I would stand up for anytime and stake my reputation on.

Al

No offense taken Al, we are all good guys! We just might have a difference of opinion on how the cigar industry works behind the scenes. Thanks.

Hello all forum members, I am the owner of CigarPlace.biz and would like to start by saying thank you to all the customers from the forum who have purchased from us. Second, at CigarPlace.biz we have always advertised our 2-cigar Guarantee, which is as follows:

"2 Cigar Guarantee: We guarantee the freshness and quality of our products 100%. If after smoking 2 cigars, you are not completely satisfied we will exchange your product and we pay ALL shipping costs. Or we will refund your money including shipping"

We stand by our Policy 100%, and we encourage any customer who has had a problem with Padilla or any other cigar to contact us ASAP, at 1-800-913-0433.

I would also like to let all forum members know that we are a legitimate business, we have been open for two years, but we have thousands of happy customers. The fact that we don't buy directly from most manufacturers, does not make us "shady" vendors. I did speak to Mr. Padilla yesterday over the phone and I did not reveal my supplier because if I did, I would comprise my ability to offer the discounts that I currently have. The dirty little secret that most manufacturers wish to fix the prices of cigars is not good at all. If I was to buy the Padilla 1932 line directly from the folks at Padilla I would literally be forced to list them at $100 more than my current price. So, I don't buy directly from them, that is how you guys get better pricing.

We will be inspecting all Padilla boxes before shipment, in light of recent events. CigarPlace.biz takes precautions in shipping all orders in protective packaging. Yet, we have no control over the manufacturers packaging of cigars. Even so, we will exchange or refund the merchandise at a customer's request, regardless of whose packaging error it is(vendor or manufacturer).

I welcome any comments and/or suggestions from forum members, your satisfaction is our #1 priority. Contact us at 1-800-913-0433 or sales@cigarplace.biz.

Julian Gomez
President
CigarPlace.biz

Thank You for your response, I believe that, in and of itself, speaks positively about your business. The mere fact that you don't buy directly from the manufacturer does not make you a "shady" business. The circumstances surrounding this matter does, IMO, seems a little off. It may be because I don't understand the in's and out's of the cigar business, but in my experience when someone refuses to provide, doesn't volunteer, or conveniently leaves out information things aren't always on the up and up.

Again Thank You for your response.

My box of Padilla 1932 arrived in good shape today. Cigarplace.biz sent them to me "overnight" at no extra charge and they have gained me as a customer. They were very good to deal with.
Looking forward to trying these out. :)

Well,
My package has been on the road via Fedex Ground since 2/26. It is due at my office tomorrow so I will report back once I've opened and inspected them.

Capt J,
How did the cigars smell? Were the wrappers in good condition?

Wilkey

The sticks smell good; a bit earthy and fresh. The wrappers are in good condition. The box had been checked before shipping out, which is always a good idea.

Hey Julian,

Link

$22 for an Opus xXx, $21 for a #4? What do you think you're selling there, gold?

Hello forum members. Unfortunately, the only way I can get Opus X sticks is to buy them at a little bit over retail and put a mark up on them. Hey, I can't have the BEST prices on all cigars! My customers are very happy paying a mark up over retail in order to get very hard to find sticks! If you do a quick google search for "Opus X #4", you will see that my Opus X prices are some of the best online, in terms of "over retail". There are some shops selling those for $31. I would love to sell them at below retail, like I do with 99.9% of all my items, but my cigar connections don't reach that far(not yet at least).

Hopefully, board members can understand this. Search my site and you will see that I have some of the best prices on the net, way below wholesale on Padron 1926, 1964 and other hard to find cigars. Compare and you shall know, Thanks.

Julian Gomez
CigarPlace.biz

Hey Julian,

Link

$22 for an Opus xXx, $21 for a #4? What do you think you're selling there, gold?

Hello forum members. Unfortunately, the only way I can get Opus X sticks is to buy them at a little bit over retail and put a mark up on them. Hey, I can't have the BEST prices on all cigars! My customers are very happy paying a mark up over retail in order to get very hard to find sticks! If you do a quick google search for "Opus X #4", you will see that my Opus X prices are some of the best online, in terms of "over retail". There are some shops selling those for $31. I would love to sell them at below retail, like I do with 99.9% of all my items, but my cigar connections don't reach that far(not yet at least).

Hopefully, board members can understand this. Search my site and you will see that I have some of the best prices on the net, way below wholesale on Padron 1926, 1964 and other hard to find cigars. Compare and you shall know, Thanks.

Julian Gomez
CigarPlace.biz

That's misleading. Your Opus maybe better than cigar.com but they price gouge too. To say you charge double MSRP while others charge triple isn't much of a merit badge in your corner. I know that the cost of getting them might excede retail, and you need to make money too, but that doesn't not make your Opus price hugely inflated. And, yes, I saw your CigarPass.com only sale. Thanks.

Also, your Padron 26 and 64 are nowhere near wholesale. They're below retail, but nowhere near below wholesale, you misspoke. I compared and I know - you generally have cheaper cigars.

The vendor has exchanged the box with a new one.

Padilla has been exceptional in terms of customer service. I cannot really believe what they sent me. All I can say is thank you, I've never seen a signed box before. Those involved with the split are getting part of this as well.

opus367.jpg

Wow! Wonderful customer service from both parties, especially on the part of Padilla. I've been a big fan of the Miami 8/11. It looks like I'll have to give the 1932 a try.

Very nice! Stupid question but what are those MT, I wasn't aware Padilla had an EL?