• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brett Favre flop

Jets didn't win a football game. They won a coin toss.

Doc.

I call that sour grapes! You can make grappa out of those Doc and I'll help you drink it :thumbs:

Now for one more win and my season is complete. That's all I thought the Jets would win with Farve at the helm.
You wouldn't be so quick to say that if you ever heard what my mother used to say about grappa drinkers.

Funny thing is that if the coin toss would have gone the other way those now complaining would be happy and those happy would be complaining about the OT rules. ;)
You have a penchant for the obvious.

Doc.

It keeps me from making statements like the one below ;)

Jets didn't win a football game. They won a coin toss.

Doc.

Why all the hub-bub about the OT rules? Football is played on both side of the line of scrimmage. If you can't play defense, then you do not deserve to win.

Maybe we could just forgo OT and have the place kickers start at the 30 yard line and make field goals, moving back 5 yard until someone misses. But, if the first kicker misses, do we make the other guy kick? What if he misses as well?

Maybe we could have a beauty pageant for the QB's kids? Wait, they all have kids right? Crap......

Tim

edit: typo

This is about NY and Boston. Rational thought has nothing to do with it, Tim. BTW, I believe the series is now tied 49-49.

Doc.

This is about NY and Boston. Rational thought has nothing to do with it, Tim. BTW, I believe the series is now tied 49-49.

Doc.

Touche, my good man, touche...

Tim

The train has jumped the tracks!

What happened to Farve being a flop? :whistling: Oh well the Boston and New York boys need to vent every now and then. :laugh:

A good man knows when he is beat......me too! :)

I really thought that Favre would play so-so and the fans would crucify him leaving the organization holding a shit-storm. Favre has put the Jets where they wanted to be.....kudos to the old man!

PM me your addresses and your sticks will go out next week.

The train has jumped the tracks!

What happened to Farve being a flop? :whistling: Oh well the Boston and New York boys need to vent every now and then. :laugh:

As a result of the thread jumping tracks you must have missed my concession. PM me your addy bro :thumbs:

Wow, I didn't think you would concede with another 6 games left to be played....theres still a chance they could lose the next 6...though I don't think they will.

I just wish the NFL network would go away!! I wanna see my thursday night games! :( :( :(

I just wish the NFL network would go away!! I wanna see my thursday night games! :( :( :(

The NFL has no business being in broadcasting... The NFL network will flop and be gone in a year.

Why should cable companies pay the NFL for a channel that gives at the most 16 games a year? What kind of programming is there going to be the other 349 days?

Now, if the NFL wants to give the channel free so it can be added to the standard tier without any extra cost to the cable subscriber, then that would be ok with me... but charging an extra buck or 2 a month for a few out of market games? No thanks.

Wow, I didn't think you would concede with another 6 games left to be played....theres still a chance they could lose the next 6...though I don't think they will.

Well, that is possible but not likely.

I know what I expected, why I issued the bet, and I was wrong :( But not too unhappy, I will get to send some cigars to some BOTL's

Thanks Jeff, just got your end on this little wager. :D

Looking forward to enjoying them while watching my favorite football team "THE VIKES" :thumbs:

Okay it's official, they have won 8 games. I thought that all they would go is 8-8 this season.

I'm not so sure they've peaked yet, either. They are looking stronger and stronger. Looks like the Pack are going to get a great draft pick out of this.

On a side note, Jeff sure knows how to pay on a bet!! :thumbs: :love:

The NFL has no business being in broadcasting... The NFL network will flop and be gone in a year.

Why should cable companies pay the NFL for a channel that gives at the most 16 games a year? What kind of programming is there going to be the other 349 days?

Now, if the NFL wants to give the channel free so it can be added to the standard tier without any extra cost to the cable subscriber, then that would be ok with me... but charging an extra buck or 2 a month for a few out of market games? No thanks.

I never had NFL Network until I got Dish Network. I love it. Not only do you get the Thursday Night games, but they show replays of other games from the previous Sunday throughout the week. They also show old classic games as well. I don't care much for their studio show, but I like the rest of it.

Getting rid of cable and getting a dish was one of the best decisions I ever made.

i dont like the jets (mainly cause two good friends are jets fans and im a giants fan) but i was hoping they would take out the titans and they did. nice.

i dont like the jets (mainly cause two good friends are jets fans and im a giants fan) but i was hoping they would take out the titans and they did. nice.

The next thing you say is your a Yankees fan!

I Have a $50 fiver that says Favre will have a disaster of a season.
I've not been around in a while, but I'm sorry you made that bet. Looks like 'ol Brett still had a good year in him. Go Brett, the better he does, the better my Packers draft pics will be, and I don't mind the egg on the face of McCarthy and Ted Thompson in forcing him out.