• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bruce's word of the day

Some BOTLs often joke about the redolent collection of Acid cigars in Klipsch's humidor.

Word of the Day for Monday, October 19, 2009

fetor \FEE-tuhr; FEE-tor\, noun:

A strong, offensive smell; stench.

Phil's cigar was black & the smoke was hot & wet with the sweet fetor of rotting grass. Obviously, these need a bit more time.

The convivial young ladies at the House of the Pink Chrysanthemum had every right to show their exculpation when their Hostess realized it was but for the fetor of a client that their redolent effervescence was rapidly evaporating.

Tom

The fetor of souldog's grape White Owl was strangely pleasing when mixed with the smell of his body odor and the PINK frosted doughnuts.

The convivial young ladies at the House of the Pink Chrysanthemum had every right to show their exculpation when their Hostess realized it was but for the fetor of a client that their redolent effervescence was rapidly evaporating.

Tom

Get your own damn material. Who do think you are Milton Berle? :laugh:

Doc.

Almost puked when I entered the vehicle to a be surprised by a fetor of rotten squid that I left in the trunk on this hot August day.

Tom

Get your own damn material. Who do think you are Milton Berle?
laugh.gif

Doc.

It was a great line Doc, I couldn't help myself.
rolleyes.gif

Your dashingly coloured toupee twists my right boot into a state of ennui with the fetor and dexterity of many lemon meringue-coated conquistadors.

I have two for today. Ordinarily, I'd include each in a sentence, but I'm going to defer to you. They just sound right together.

loquacious \loh-KWAY-shuhs\, adjective:

1. Very talkative.
2. Full of excessive talk; wordy.

sycophant \SIK-uh-fuhnt\, noun:

A person who attempts to win favor by flattering people of wealth or influence; a parasite; a toady.

Clint, the sycophant, was loquacious and persistant in his futile attempt to gain knowledge of which players to start in the Fantasy Football league.

A sentence for this one instantly popped into my head!

punctilious \puhnk-TIL-ee-uhs\, adjective:

Strictly attentive to the details of form in action or conduct; precise; exact in the smallest particulars.

I was impressed with Kinantz's punctilious reviews, a tedious business that raises a cigar from mere rolled tobacco to a specimen of smoking delight.

The high end cigar of a punctilious tobacconist are the best, the problem is, they are also perfectionist and take at least 7 years to make one.

There cannot be a more punctilious nature of a man who is a bomb disposal technician. boom

skulduggery \skul-DUG-uh-ree\, noun;also skullduggery: Devious, dishonest, or unscrupulous behavior or activity; also: an instance thereof.

And with the painted boxes, and limited availability of good, but not great cigars, the hints of vendor mistreatment, some of the Brothers suspected skulduggery in high places.

For some, an unreasonable price increase on a cigar is simple market economics. Here, it is gouging and taking advantage of a Brother, skullduggery of the worst kind. :angry:

Jon is a loquacious sycophant, and most of the time he actually has skulduggery motives.

:sign: :laugh:

Jack took Jill up the hill with skullduggery on his mind.

Stupid Jill forgot her pill, and now she's in a bind.

Wait, I though skullduggery was something those into necrophilia.