• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Call of Duty Black Ops

I've been sternly warned by the wife not to buy anything for myself ( I went out and bought myself a few gifts the week before Christmas 2 years ago, and now I can't buy anything once November rolls around....)

I picked this game up last week, psn: pureXgazelle, The online gameplay is great. If you get a chance play the campaign if you haven't, its a great campaign.

I beat the campaign in a couple of days. I was stuck in the Vietnam board for a nice while. Although it has a creative story, MW2's campaign was much better.

Got it and killed it on PC in about 6 hours, love it!!! COD MW1 is still my favorite though!!!

I was thinking about buying this video game for my nephew for Christmas. Will there be a problem buying it? And, where can I get the best deal?

-ree

psn: EresMuertes

It's a great game, haven't even tried the SP, but I hear it's good.

Don't waste your money. Its cool but not that cool. Wait till its less than $30.

What exactly didn't you like about the game? I've seen a few people on the interwebs bashing the game and the only logical explanation I can come up with for it is that they're IW fan boys. While I admit Modern Warfare was a sweet game and kind of a "first of it's kind", for the PS3 at least, I think COD: Black Ops is right there with it. I think the multiplayers are fairly even with a slight edge toward Black Ops for the additions they've made (I haven't played MW2 so I'm not sure if the changes were made in MW2 or not), and from what I've heard the campaign mode of Black Ops is far better than at least MW2. I haven't play much, if any, campaign so I can't really speak to it but if it's any longer than MW1 then it's an improvement.

See you have me confused with other gamers. I haven't owned any copy of CoD so Black Ops was my first game from the whole line. I watched like MW played with my friends. I just didn't get to into it. But when Black Ops came out I figured what the hell. Just so we are clear i'm not a big MP online fan so I'm actually getting the game for the Campaign mode. I found this one to be pretty easy. I did enjoy the graphics and what not but the simple fact its so damn easy . This fact makes it a buzz kill for a game at $60 before tax. I think its a better value of money at the $30 range. I play other war type first person shooters as well. I have Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising that I still haven't completely beat on my first run of the Campaign game but was able to do Black Ops pretty fast.

That is pretty much my reasoning it isn't worth $60. If you can beat it in 12 hours or whatever time it took me, then the price tag shouldn't be so hefty. So we are also clear...we have a limited service for internet. We can only use 25 gig per month for the normal allotment. We went with the $10.95 more and you get an additional 30 gig for a total of 55 gig per month and since we have 3 users on the internet, playing online is a real kill buzz kill for sure. We can get this wireless one but it costs $100 for the apartment to place the box up on the building and then $300 installation fee for the place of service. Then the first 2 months for the plan upfront. Its like $500 or so to just get unlimited service. Thus I can't judge Black Ops by the MP online and only by the Campaign mode. :(

Played it online....12 y/o's kicked my butt!

Still just ok.
So do you play on console or PC?

See you have me confused with other gamers. I haven't owned any copy of CoD so Black Ops was my first game from the whole line. I watched like MW played with my friends. I just didn't get to into it. But when Black Ops came out I figured what the hell. Just so we are clear i'm not a big MP online fan so I'm actually getting the game for the Campaign mode. I found this one to be pretty easy. I did enjoy the graphics and what not but the simple fact its so damn easy . This fact makes it a buzz kill for a game at $60 before tax. I think its a better value of money at the $30 range. I play other war type first person shooters as well. I have Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising that I still haven't completely beat on my first run of the Campaign game but was able to do Black Ops pretty fast.

That is pretty much my reasoning it isn't worth $60. If you can beat it in 12 hours or whatever time it took me, then the price tag shouldn't be so hefty. So we are also clear...we have a limited service for internet. We can only use 25 gig per month for the normal allotment. We went with the $10.95 more and you get an additional 30 gig for a total of 55 gig per month and since we have 3 users on the internet, playing online is a real kill buzz kill for sure. We can get this wireless one but it costs $100 for the apartment to place the box up on the building and then $300 installation fee for the place of service. Then the first 2 months for the plan upfront. Its like $500 or so to just get unlimited service. Thus I can't judge Black Ops by the MP online and only by the Campaign mode. :(
I'm sorry. I assumed you were an IW fanboy because most of the things I've read online bashing the game have come from the IW lovers out there. Don't get me wrong, they made a couple of great games by COD: Black Ops is on par with them in my opinion.

As far as whether the game is worth the price tag, if you're going to play only the single player campaign then I can definitely see where you're coming from. No game that is 10 hours long is worth $60. That is the way it's always been with COD games though (very short single player with a very good multiplayer). I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone buying this game if all they were going to do was play the single player campaign.

I also feel your pain with regards to available broadband connections. I am not able to get cable because, for some inexplicable reason, comcrap didn't run the line the 100 feet down the road (there is cable 100 feet north of me and 100 feet south). When I called to try and get DSL the phone company said they couldn't provide it because the phone lines are so old they aren't capable of carrying a DSL signal. So I'm stuck with a mobile broadband card from Sprint that is hooked up to a special router that accepts a mobile broadband card. Luckily I signed up for the card before Sprint put a 5GB monthly cap on data usage so I'm grandfathered into the unlimited data plan, otherwise I would be completely without online gaming.

As for the other guys I'll add you next time I'm able to get on and play.

I assumed you were an IW fanboy because most of the things I've read online bashing the game have come from the IW lovers out there. Don't get me wrong, they made a couple of great games by COD: Black Ops is on par with them in my opinion.

I'm gonna label you a "BO fanboy" from now on. :rolleyes:

im playing it on-line too got it for ps3 just in case it did suck that way i would just go back to playing MW2 on xbox
BxKillaEK6 on both systems

I assumed you were an IW fanboy because most of the things I've read online bashing the game have come from the IW lovers out there. Don't get me wrong, they made a couple of great games by COD: Black Ops is on par with them in my opinion.

I'm gonna label you a "BO fanboy" from now on. :rolleyes:

:laugh: BO fanboy huh. I swear I put my deodorant on this morning. I can't believe you can smell me all the way out there in Cali.

I did point out the fact that I was wrong to label him a "fanboy" without knowing all the facts as to why he didn't like the game. It sounds like you had a very similar experience as Mr. Peat did with Black Ops (i.e. single player too short). As I said before, I would never recommend anyone buy and COD game solely for the single player mod because they've always been notoriously short.

I was able to get on last night and add everyone that's posted in this thread so far and actually got to play for a little with elderboy02. I must say I had a good time blasting him with my Spaz Shotgun with silencer :sign: . I'm off tomorrow and Friday so I should be able to play some during the day. If anyone else is on feel free to send an invite my way.

Jon is a BS fanboy.

Brent Sneed fanboy? You know it!

I'm a booty shorts fanboy.

nice_ass_in_pink_booty_shorts.jpg

Jeff1101 is my handle on PS3. I like and bought it just for ZOMBIES man I love that. The new maps are cool. If you add me and get in a match with me on the war map and start getting ur ass waxed ur playing my son. Hit me up on the friends list.