• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Call of Duty Black Ops

Not to completely railroad this thread, but I just picked up a copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it's a great shooter. The firefights are chaotic, one or two hits and you're dead, and you run out of ammo fairly quickly and end up scrounging from bodies. Om pretty impressed with this one. Graphics aren't BO amazing, but the gameplay is on par.

Not to completely railroad this thread, but I just picked up a copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it's a great shooter. The firefights are chaotic, one or two hits and you're dead, and you run out of ammo fairly quickly and end up scrounging from bodies. Om pretty impressed with this one. Graphics aren't BO amazing, but the gameplay is on par.

I played the Battlefield 1943 downloadable game EA put out on the PS3 which seemed like a pretty good value at $15. Then I got Red Dead Redemption and that kept me busy until Black Ops came out otherwise I was considering picking up Bad Company 2. Do you game on the PS3 or 360? If you're on the PS3 feel free to add me (PSN is MrAnderson41).

Finished the "single player" mission on BO a couple of nights ago. Meph......

Still have more fun with Modern Combat 2.....:thumbs:

I played the Battlefield 1943 downloadable game EA put out on the PS3 which seemed like a pretty good value at $15. Then I got Red Dead Redemption and that kept me busy until Black Ops came out otherwise I was considering picking up Bad Company 2. Do you game on the PS3 or 360? If you're on the PS3 feel free to add me (PSN is MrAnderson41).

I do not have PS3, only Xbox. :thumbs:

Just got black ops on PS3 from my wife for Christmas last night. Also got a headset. My PSN ID is bmdawson if you guys care to add me. I'll try to find some of you as well.

BTW: I've been getting totally owned in team deathmatch, but did get to a level 7 rank last night.

Just got black ops on PS3 from my wife for Christmas last night. Also got a headset. My PSN ID is bmdawson if you guys care to add me. I'll try to find some of you as well.

BTW: I've been getting totally owned in team deathmatch, but did get to a level 7 rank last night.

Everyone gets owned when they first start until they get to know the maps and such. I may be on a little later tonight. My PSN is MrAnderson41.

Hey John I noticed you said you got assassins creed brotherhood, what are your thoughts on the mp aspect?

Hey John I noticed you said you got assassins creed brotherhood, what are your thoughts on the mp aspect?

If by John, you mean me (Jon :p ), I LOVE IT. I don't have enough friends who play AC: Brotherhood yet, but the MP aspect is really interesting. Very sneaky, not just running and gunning. There's some "stratee-geree" involved, and it's a good time. I didn't think I'd like it at first, but it's worth paying. I had to stop myself to do some other things, thats how much fun I had. :)

I forgot we had this thing awhile back. It's a Google spreadsheet that a bunch of us added our gamertags on...

Google Doc...

Feel free to edit it how you please, just don't delete any of the info...

If by John, you mean me (Jon :p ), I LOVE IT. I don't have enough friends who play AC: Brotherhood yet, but the MP aspect is really interesting. Very sneaky, not just running and gunning. There's some "stratee-geree" involved, and it's a good time. I didn't think I'd like it at first, but it's worth paying. I had to stop myself to do some other things, thats how much fun I had. :)

Haha, cool, you know it's a good game if it puts life on hold. Yeah I'm probably going to get it then, I hadn't heard anything about how the MP was but conceptually it sounds awesome.

And sorry about the name, I think it must have been autospelling corrections or something from my iphone. :whistling:

I forgot we had this thing awhile back. It's a Google spreadsheet that a bunch of us added our gamertags on...

Google Doc...

Feel free to edit it how you please, just don't delete any of the info...

Sweet, I added my info, sad to see no one plays gears of war 2 though...

I have a lot of games on PS3, mainly for online, with a group of friends, from Blighty. Current games, GT5, F1 2010, Grid, CoD BO, BFBC2, Assassins Creed brotherhood under the tree.

I have this game as well for the 360 and love it. Getting in a tank and blasting folks is a helluva good time. I definintely enjoy Black Ops, but Bad Company has quite a bit more realism. The sniper set up is awesome. I love the fact that you have true bullet dynamics and have to add elevation for trajectory on long shots.

I play alot of BO right now, but switch back and forth between the two.

Screen name is Dabbaa

How is everyone's experience with the connection/host problems and the new 1.05 update?

I'm still getting quite a bit of lag/glitching in MP but the hosts and connection have been holding up.

I have this game as well for the 360 and love it. Getting in a tank and blasting folks is a helluva good time. I definintely enjoy Black Ops, but Bad Company has quite a bit more realism. The sniper set up is awesome. I love the fact that you have true bullet dynamics and have to add elevation for trajectory on long shots.

Screen name is Dabbaa

I need to add you, but ill forget. A group of guy play regularly online most nights. Ill add you.

Screen name is Dabbaa

I need to add you, but ill forget. A group of guy play regularly online most nights. Ill add you.

Hey, Jon. I don't play these games since my son is the one with the X-Box and I never could get used to the controls but he (my oldest son) is supposedly pretty high ranked in COD and plays BO a lot. Look him up if you want his screen name is Nigeldoesthedew

Ugh. I bought BO, beat it, and traded that thing so fast it was like a two dollar hooker. What a waste of time. I'd say I'll stick to the MW releases, but those guys split from Infinity Ward now, so I'm screwed.

I gladly traded it for Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Much smarter story, and much longer gameplay. Im sick of paying sixty bucks for a game I can beat in five hours. I could give a crap about multiplayer, its overrated to me. Im so bitter. :D

Yea...finished in a few nights. MW is better.

So none of you guys play the multiplayer online huh? What's the matter, afraid you're going to get owned by some 12 year olds? :laugh: I know I get owned more than my fair share but I still find it a lot of fun especially when you're playing with the same group of people in a team deathmatch or something similar.

I agree with you on the single player campaign mode not been long enough to justify sixty bucks. If I want a good campaign mode I'll play Red Dead Redemption or Grand Theft Auto or Fallout but I really don't think you can beat any COD online play.

I exclusively play CoD BO in multi-player mode. FPS are no fun at all in single player mode.

My wife got me Black Ops for PS3 for Christmas and the single player took me a few weeks and was decent. I really enjoy the zombie mode best so far. I haven't tried the other multiplayer modes yet. Out of the PS3 COD games I like MW2 the best. I wish I had more time to play, but our little one is a handful and at the end of the day I'm exhausted...I'm fairly certain it gets worse when he starts crawling...

Usually I'll play NBA 2K11 or Madden for a quick game or SSFIV for about 20 minutes to unwind at the end of the day.

My PSN ID is Chickenburger. If anyone wants to add me feel free, just reference CP so it doesn't get deleted with the spam friend invites.

I've been getting pretty decent lately. I don't know if the updates they're doing for the games are making the server connections better so there's less lag or what but I seem to be able to end up in the top 3 or close to it pretty much every Free for All game I play. I need to hurry up and get this out of my system though, because I think I'm going to get the new Tiger Woods game when it comes out.

I've been improving vastly as well. Though I don't seem to do near as well in TDM as FFA. in FFA I'm pretty consistently in the top 3.

I don't think any of the updates have helped the connections/lag much. However, the latest update (1.06 on Tuesday) has made my favorite gun much less awesome to use. I was using the AK74u with grip and rapid fire but the latest update added much more recoil to it with the grip attachment. So I've switched to the AK47 ex. mag.

On a side note, Killzone 3 beta will be available for download on the Playstation Store feb 2 or 3. Will be an open beta with one map and 3 game modes for multiplayer. I'll be trying that out.

Also, Duke Nukem Forever is being released May 3. Been waiting 13 years for another Duke Nukem game.