• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling All PETS Pass

Ok everyone I will cap this off at 20 so there is room for 2 more

Can I play? I'm new to this picture posting thing. Hell, I'm new to the picture taking thing, as I'm sure you can tell.

6kf6t0j.jpg

Edited to actually add the pic

Can I play? I'm new to this picture posting thing. Hell, I'm new to the picture taking thing, as I'm sure you can tell.

6kf6t0j.jpg

Edited to actually add the pic

Wow I think unless I want to be for dinner I will have to say YES to these 3 guys :whistling:

Nah. They're like lap dogs, 'cept for the fact that two of them weigh >160 lbs.

The first post is updated with the order of the pass and Kelly said he is ready so this is going out in about an hour :thumbs:

DC# 0103 8555 7492 8945 5130

Ahh, late in the pass :) Right where I wanted to be.

Leave/put me something good, folks! :thumbs:

Folks & Dan, I guess I am gonna get the ball rolling here. Here are my “Takes / Puts” for your review. Please let me know if any of them are not satisfactory. FYI: I used “cigarcyclopedia.com” (LINKY) to assist in my selections.

When the pass arrives, I should have about a one-day turn around for the package, so Cigarsarge should expect the pass “most riki tik.”

Takes:
5) SLR DC 06
9) SLR Regios 07
14) PAM 64 Diplomatico
23) VSG Cabinet Selection Torpedo
29) MATSA 30th Toro

Puts (in order of Takes):
(31) Montecristo No.2 (Oct 2006)
(32) Bolivar Coronas (Oct 2007)
(33) Gurkha Legend Torpedo
(34) La Flor Dominicana Factory Press II
(35) Diamond Crown Maximus No.4
(36) San Cristobal de la Habana, El Principe (EMA Jun'07)
(37) Coranado by La Flor Dominicana, Corona Especial
(38) Griffins Prestige
(39) Davidoff Primero
(40) AF Hemingway Short Story

Let's get it on!

-C&G...

[edited to show the age on my ISOM puts... Please stand by for future edits.]

Folks & Dan, I guess I am gonna get the ball rolling here. Here are my “Takes / Puts” for your review. Please let me know if any of them are not satisfactory. FYI: I used “cigarcyclopedia.com” (LINKY) to assist in my selections.

When the pass arrives, I should have about a one-day turn around for the package, so Cigarsarge should expect the pass “most riki tik.”

Takes:
5) SLR DC 06
9) SLR Regios 07
14) PAM 64 Diplomatico
29) MATSA 30th Toro

(31) Montecristo No.2 (2006)
(32) Bolivar Coronas (2007)
(36) San Cristobal de la Habana, El Principe
(37) Coranado by La Flor Dominicana, Corona Especial
(38) Griffins Prestige
(39) Davidoff Primero
(40) AF Hemingway Short Story

Let's get it on!

-C&G...

Seems awfully lopsided against you C&G. Have you ever seen this thread:
STEVE*R Equal Puts=Equal Takes
I like this part the best:
If there’s one thing I sincerely hope I get across in this overly lengthy post is that EQUAL is the best method in trading and passing. Don’t ever be intimidated by the post “Joe Schmoe is a great trader/passer. He took two Connies and put in one PAM, one Opus, and a new 1916.” That’s not the way passes and trades were meant to be. Boxpasses and trading are for developing friendships and gaining knowledge about our cigar hobby. There will always be a few people who get carried away in the spirit of brotherhood, and it’s the responsibility of others to calm the fires.
One of the problems with what you're doing here C&G is to set the precedent here and possibly indirectly pressuring other pass participants to put twice as many cigar than they took as you did here.

Also, do you have a box code or at least a year for that SCdLH El Principe you're putting? ???

One more general suggestion since this pass contains quite a few "new" Cuban cigars is to provide the MONTH as well as the year. There's a considerable difference between a JAN '07 and a SEP '07 (four times the amount of age).

Seems awfully lopsided against you C&G. Have you ever seen this thread:
STEVE*R Equal Puts=Equal Takes
I like this part the best:
If there’s one thing I sincerely hope I get across in this overly lengthy post is that EQUAL is the best method in trading and passing. Don’t ever be intimidated by the post “Joe Schmoe is a great trader/passer. He took two Connies and put in one PAM, one Opus, and a new 1916.” That’s not the way passes and trades were meant to be. Boxpasses and trading are for developing friendships and gaining knowledge about our cigar hobby. There will always be a few people who get carried away in the spirit of brotherhood, and it’s the responsibility of others to calm the fires.
One of the problems with what you're doing here C&G is to set the precedent here and possibly indirectly pressuring other pass participants to put twice as many cigar than they took as you did here.

Also, do you have a box code or at least a year for that SCdLH El Principe you're putting? ???

One more general suggestion since this pass contains quite a few "new" Cuban cigars is to provide the MONTH as well as the year. There's a considerable difference between a JAN '07 and a SEP '07 (four times the amount of age).

All good points and I will try to address them...

I just did my first pass last month, and I am following the example of the lad that started it off... I wanted to add a little more to sweeten the pot. I do, however, see your point and appreciate you taking "responsibility of others to calm the fires"... I will confer with Dan and get his take on it.
As for the ISOMs: The SCdLH El Principe: EMA Jun '07, the Monte No.2 was accuired in Oct 2006 - the 10 stick box is long gone, and the Bolivar was discovered in Oct 2007 at Casa del Puro, loose sticks...no idea of the age.

Cheers.

-C&G... "Did I do thaaaaat?"

Well said, Bill, and I agree. C&G, you need only be approximate with your p/t. One of the biggest reasons for the pass is for you to obtain something you haven't tried, or would like to try again. Come as close as you can at dollar for dollar, rare for rare. Bill's point is that you shouldn't feel you have to one up the last guy, or that it's the norm to exceed the value of the take.

I agree too...Equal puts and takes. Throwing in an extra cigar is OK. Four or five is a different story.

Well said, Bill, and I agree. C&G, you need only be approximate with your p/t. ...

I agree too...Equal puts and takes. Throwing in an extra cigar is OK. Four or five is a different story...

I have gotten quite a few messages on this over the last 12 hours.. :blush:
I believe I understand everyone's position... so, I am just going to quit and take my cigars home! :angry:

Just kidding... :D

Seriously, I believe I get it...no worries. I am still new and still learning. I appreciate everyone's opinions and, accordingly, have changed my suggested T/P list:

Takes:
5) SLR DC 06
9) SLR Regios 07
14) PAM 64 Diplomatico
29) MATSA 30th Toro

Thank you, Dan, for allowing me to participate in the pass. And thank you all for your guidance and advice.

Sincerely,

C&G...

Dan,

The pass arrived safely to my house... no damage, box is in good shape, all cigars looked good, I spritzed the humi-beads with distilled water, and added a folder to keep the documents pristine.

If cigarsarge is ready, I will ship it out tomorrow! Below is my final list of T/Ps.

Takes:
5) SLR DC 06
9) SLR Regios 07
14) PAM 64 Diplomatico
29) MATSA 30th Toro

Thanks all for the opportunity to participate in the pass, and contribute to this brotherhood.

Sincerely,

C&G ....batter up!

I just did my first pass last month, and I am following the example of the lad that started it off...

I know I'm not in this pass and don't want to interfere, but I do want to address this in case anyone decides to go searching for what Kelly is talking about. Kelly, the reason I added so many cigars as part of my puts was because I was helping Lurch run his first pass and that was part of my contribution to the pass....adding cigars to the initial list... not setting a precedent as to how people did their P/T's, or how many cigars people decided to put in. I think I even mentioned this in the post where I did my P/T's for that pass.

Now back to your regularly scheduled pass.. :)

Looks like we are off to a great start. Kelly thanks for hydrating the beads !!!!