• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Can somebody spare a twisty tie for a garbage bag?

moki

el Presidente
Hey guys, I'm moving all of my cigars from my house to my barn, and I think the quickest way to do it would be to throw them all in a garbage bag and drag them down that way. Problem is, I don't have a twisty tie to keep the garbage bags shut.

Can anyone send me a twisty tie to tie my garbage bags shut? I'll cover the stamp!

EDIT: I stay up at night thinking about it, please help!

Hey guys, I'm moving all of my cigars from my house to my barn, and I think the quickest way to do it would be to throw them all in a garbage bag and drag them down that way. Problem is, I don't have a twisty tie to keep the garbage bags shut.

Can anyone send me a twisty tie to tie my garbage bags shut? I'll cover the stamp!

Sweet Jesus :laugh: :laugh:

I might have a few I can spare...

Maybe you could consider using some speaker wire to seal it shut??

Oh, hai guys! That's a great idea, I have lots of speaker wire laying around, why didn't I think of that? I'm over my phase where I used it to bind my wife and do unspeakable things to her!

Can I put my nomination in for the...

best_thread_ever.jpg

Do you prefer the ones coated in plastic, or the ones with paper?

Oh noes!!! I never thought of that... I won't be able to sleep tonight trying to figure out which one would be best! If only there were somewhere other than a cigar web board where I could get a twisty tie!!!

Whenever I move all of my cigars in large quantities in trash bags I just use the twisty tie off of my bread. Sometimes I use the twisty tie and sometimes I use those little plastic clippy things that come on buns. Never understood why some come with the little plastic tabs and some come with twisties, but either seem to work for the cigars in the trash bag. Just food for thought!

I should have both on hand if you need some.

Oh noes!!! I never thought of that... I won't be able to sleep tonight trying to figure out which one would be best! If only there were somewhere other than a cigar web board where I could get a twisty tie!!!

I always thought that an internet forum that I just joined was the best place to find things I needed....was I wrong?? ???

The plastic clip will work as long as you don't overload each bag. Make sure to use clips from name brand buns as the store brands clips are inferior. When I moved my collection last summer I used nothing but clips off Wonder Bread Hot Dog Buns and my neighbor kids wagon.

Be sure to avoid scented trash bags!

The Plastic Twisty and Plastic bags will both out gas. A nasty combination. Those gasses will mix, and will become extremely volatile.

It could possibly create a huge explosion, with the resulting butterfly effect......well, I don't even want to think about it. It's too disturbing.

Make sure you take the FOG advice and put the tie around the open end. I learned a valuable lesson when I ignored them and put it around the closed end...

I have some OR Wonderbread twist ties that are a little yellow, but they're not cheap.

I have no twist ties.. but I do have bread tabs .. I have Green (Tuesday) and White (Friday).

Why not just throw out all those old cigars. Get some fresh ones for the barn. Why would you want a bunch of old stale cigars anyway.

I have all the colors, but what will you trade me for them.

Also, do you want to check my sources?

Maybe you could consider using some speaker wire to seal it shut??

Oh, hai guys! That's a great idea, I have lots of speaker wire laying around, why didn't I think of that? I'm over my phase where I used it to bind my wife and do unspeakable things to her!

I don't know whether to be proud or disturbed. Hell maybe I need to get me some speaker wire out this weekend. :whistling: