• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Can you control your temper

He should have never touched either of you or cursed at you( and you shouldn't have cursed at him either), but if it was taped when you bought it why not call and tell them so they have a heads up. If you've ever been on the other side of the counter you know how many people want unreasonable things. With that said, it's retail people try to screw you all the time. He should have passed you up the ladder to his superior if he couldn't handle it. I doubt you will ever buy a product from that company again.

Ery

That is seriously messed up and you handled it the best way possible. When I was younger (dumber) I had gotten into a scuffle a time or two over someone pushing my GF (one) or someone else pushing another woman (twice), I realized now that it was dumb but now I would hope that I could handle your situation the same way.

If not - I would LOVE to handle it souldoggy style ....pulling out a piece and dropping "you just F'd yourself Mf'er" ....now that would be really cool and then dropping the badge off the punks skull...

I hope it works out and the punk gets his.

I'm not touching that one. And with the emphasis on LOVE, gives me reason to further distancing myself

That is seriously messed up and you handled it the best way possible. When I was younger (dumber) I had gotten into a scuffle a time or two over someone pushing my GF (one) or someone else pushing another woman (twice), I realized now that it was dumb but now I would hope that I could handle your situation the same way.

If not - I would LOVE to handle it souldoggy style ....pulling out a piece and dropping "you just F'd yourself Mf'er" ....now that would be really cool and then dropping the badge off the punks skull...

I hope it works out and the punk gets his.

I'm not touching that one. And with the emphasis on LOVE, gives me reason to further distancing myself

:laugh: :laugh: Dude, you're so wrong...!

Impressive restraint. I think i would have shoved the bluetooth up his ass.

Thank god I controlled myself,, I had to go to security and had them call in the Paramus PD. I filed for simple assault and tomorrow will have to go down to the station, to finish out papers. Im bringing this to court, where does this ass get off by laying a hand on my wife?

How would you react if someone pushed your wife? This guy was lucky he was in the mall and not outside somewhere...
What kind of restraint do you guys have?

Since you asked...

Okay, you're not going to like this... but I think it is very reasonable for him to assume that you broke it and were trying to return it. I'm certainly not saying that you did, but I think it's a reasonable thing for him to assume, especially given the time lapse of 2 weeks. I'm quite certain that just like we see scammers come and go here all the time on CP, he too sees people trying to scam him quite often as well.

That said, his customer service skills suck... he should not have confronted you stating you broke it... there are many more pleasant ways he could have told you the same thing, which is, "I can't accept that as a return." Realistically, he could have probably found a way to get it returned to the OEM... but...

...saying "Fuck You" to him was a serious and unnecessary escalation on your part. No matter how pissed off you were, you can't treat a guy who is just doing his job like dirt... and I don't blame him for being pissed off.

However he was out of line for pushing your wife out of the way, and yes, I too would get pissed off if someone did that to my wife. I probably would be too much in shock to react, but if he harmed her in any way, I'd jump the guy. Given that it was likely just a rude shove, I'd have been steamed, but that's about it.

I also think that filing assault charges makes you seem petty and vindictive.

Overall assessment... he sucked in how he handled the situation, and so did you.

1) He really does have reason to believe you broke it
2) He however sucked at handling that aspect of the situation
3) Saying "Fuck you" to his face was you crossing a line you should not have crossed
4) Pushing your wife out of the way as he walked off was him continuing to escalate the situation, but at least leaving the scene
5) You filing charges with the police is, honestly, ridiculous, IMHO, unless your wife was harmed

I told you that you weren't going to like it... but that's my honest take on the situation after hearing you recount it. Of course since I was not there, I'm certainly no authority on what went down.

I snapped a guys finger off (well not off but dislocated) once for just such a violation. Way to go keeping your calm. However the crunching sound of the joint coming loose was very satisfying.

If some asshat would have knocked into my wife like that, I would have knocked his teeth out. id gladly sit in jail for a few hours and pay his dental bill just for the chance to watch him spit out his chompers like chicklets. :D

If some asshat would have knocked into my wife like that, I would have knocked his teeth out. id gladly sit in jail for a few hours and pay his dental bill just for the chance to watch him spit out his chompers like chicklets. :D

But E, you'd have to get up to do that. :D

Thank god I controlled myself,, I had to go to security and had them call in the Paramus PD. I filed for simple assault and tomorrow will have to go down to the station, to finish out papers. Im bringing this to court, where does this ass get off by laying a hand on my wife?

How would you react if someone pushed your wife? This guy was lucky he was in the mall and not outside somewhere...

Since you asked...

Okay, you're not going to like this... but I think it is very reasonable for him to assume that you broke it and were trying to return it. I'm certainly not saying that you did, but I think it's a reasonable thing for him to assume, especially given the time lapse of 2 weeks. I'm quite certain that just like we see scammers come and go here all the time on CP, he too sees people trying to scam him quite often as well.

That said, his customer service skills suck... he should not have confronted you stating you broke it... there are many more pleasant ways he could have told you the same thing, which is, "I can't accept that as a return." Realistically, he could have probably found a way to get it returned to the OEM... but...

...saying "Fuck You" to him was a serious and unnecessary escalation on your part. No matter how pissed off you were, you can't treat a guy who is just doing his job like dirt... and I don't blame him for being pissed off.

However he was out of line for pushing your wife out of the way, and yes, I too would get pissed off if someone did that to my wife. I probably would be too much in shock to react, but if he harmed her in any way, I'd jump the guy. Given that it was likely just a rude shove, I'd have been steamed, but that's about it.

Overall assessment... he sucked in how he handled the situation, and so did you.

3) Saying "Fuck you" to his face was you crossing a line you should not have crossed
4) Pushing your wife out of the way as he walked off was him continuing to escalate the situation, but at least leaving the scene
5) You filing charges with the police is, honestly, ridiculous, IMHO, unless your wife was harmed

I told you that you weren't going to like it... but that's my honest take on the situation after hearing you recount it. Of course since I was not there, I'm certainly no authority on what went down.

I have to agree with Andrew on this one. If it was really about the bluetooth I would have asked to speak to a manager, General manager or called the company's customer service line. Getting pissed at a guy for doing his job and then swearing at him will never get you the result you want from anyone.

Filling a police report is beyond petty. You where the one who escalated it first, although he had no right to lay a hand on your wife.

I can't control my temper, so I know I would have probably done something I would immediately regret. I love my wife, but honestly if she wasn't hurt, it's not worth the time in jail, the fine, and the possible loss of job at this point in my life.

I think I'd be sitting in a cage waiting for Stinki to get me bail for cracking the dude in the face........ :laugh:

I would have his job in a second! Along with a nice big Thank you $$ from the store!

Since you asked...

You are wrong here Moki, being in the service industry as well as a corporate trainer on custumer service I will tell you that a customer CAN say F-you and as a professional you MUST show restraint and be the bigger person, then handle the problem and thank them... if you think I am wrong give Stew Leonard a call, he built a business on this policy. As far as pushing a woman, that is out of line and should be dealt with man to man.

You are wrong here Moki, being in the service industry as well as a corporate trainer on custumer service I will tell you that a customer CAN say F-you and as a professional you MUST show restraint and be the bigger person, then handle the problem and thank them... if you think I am wrong give Stew Leonard a call, he built a business on this policy. As far as pushing a woman, that is out of line and should be dealt with man to man.

Wrong is such a strong word... I'd say we disagree. Though we agree that the company representative handled the situation poorly, I stated that several times in my post. I have customer service professionals who work for me as well, and I would be unhappy to hear if any of them carried themselves in this manner.

That does not change the fact that the northernmorris was wrong as well, escalated the situation, and is overreacting to it all by filing assault charges with the police. From the way he described the situation (and again, I wasn't there), it doesn't sound like he shoved NM's wife with the intent of harming her, but rather just rudly pushed his way past her.

Could the guy have averted the situation? Absolutely, I stated so in my post. But at this point, we get into the childish "but he said THIS" -- "oh YEAH? well, he said THIS!" nonsense from middle school, which makes it exceedingly clear that both parties were at fault... at least to me.

I also disagree with you that customer service professionals should withstand any and all verbal abuse that is hurled their way. We allow our customer service staff to "fire" one person a year. People who are so abusive, and such a drain on our resources that we'd rather refund their money, and politely divorce them as a customer.

The staff loves it, and it allows us to focus more of our time on helping our customers who need our assistance, rather than being someone's whipping boy.

If you disagree, that's fine... he solicited opinions, and I certainly wouldn't expect everyone's opinion would be the same.

Well if someone pushed/shoved my girlfriend like that ..... oh wait I don't have either. But in all seriousness, NOBODY has the right to put their hands on another person, especially a woman, in that manner. I've been in a few situations where the woman I was with was verbally assaulted/insulted and I verbally kicked the sh*t out of them, although I did once tilt an entire table of drinks & ashtrays on some racist a-holes at a bar. Seems that every so often the jacka$$ with beer muscles targets the nearest Big Guy without much fear for his own well being and in my younger days I delt with it differently (read= stomp the &^%$* out of him cause I could (but I now plead the 5th) and walk away. No comment on the cop chit cause sometimes that's all you can do legally. The customer service/retail industry deals with some amazing abuse & the best response is to walk away from the situation (minus the shove, of course). Just my $0.02 ;)

Edited to add: "Discretion is the better part of valor."

I also disagree with you that customer service professionals should withstand any and all verbal abuse that is hurled their way. We allow our customer service staff to "fire" one person a year. People who are so abusive, and such a drain on our resources that we'd rather refund their money, and politely divorce them as a customer.

The staff loves it, and it allows us to focus more of our time on helping our customers who need our assistance, rather than being someone's whipping boy.

Very good idea, I'm about to open a business and I may institute this.

Ery