• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Candela cigar review

I can get you guys some 858 candelas if ya need em

Ok Shooter, thanks...I'll let you know. They are available locally for me as well.

I have some 858 Candela's. How many do we need?

Right now, we have 6 folks confirmed. I am planning to provide 2 cigars of each type for review.

We'll need 12 cigars of each kind for the review.

Golfgar - if you can provide the 858's that would be great. If you have 12, we can work a deal. If you want to use them as your end of the trade, we can work it out. Email me with details.

Here's a list of cigars so far:
Cuba Aliados Robusto's - have a full box
Don Thomas cetro's - have a full box
Grayclif Emeral Robusto - bid in at Cbid on a 5-er
Camacho Robusto -
Indian Tabac - lonsdale or toro
Astral -
AF 858 - Golfgar?

I'll buy the Camacho, IT and Astral's and let you know. Hopefully, all the cigars will be at my house in the next week or so and we can get this show on the road starting in Jan.

I will count them tonight and let you know shortly.

I won two 5 packs of IT toros. I should get them early next week.

If you need some, let me know and they are yours.

Email sent to the reviewers with spreadsheet attached.

Count of reviewers updated to 7 (14 cigars of each)...I forgot to include myself in the list.

Update:

I have several boxes of candela cigars inbound from CI and Cbid. Over the weekend, I managed to score a 5'er of the Graycliff Emeralds for a good price (about $10/stick). That will keep our group price for these pricey cigars down. I'll continue to troll to see if can get another fiver. We'll plan to smoke these cigars last, that will give me some time.

I should have all the cigars in house this week sometime. I'll post once I get the cigars, figure out all the pricing and put the review packages together. I'm hoping to have all this done by Friday and get the packages in the mail on Saturday.

If you are a reviewer and haven't yet sent me your addy, please do so this week.

Once I get the cigars in the mail, we'll work out a schedule for the reviews.

Cheers,
Joe

Boxes arrived today.

standard.jpg

Packing:
standard.jpg

All packed:
standard.jpg

Ready to go!
standard.jpg

I missed your post Golfgar about having the AT Claros...sorry. I bought a box and shipped each of you two of them. PM me if you have grief.

I sent the reviewers an email with a spreadsheet attached detailing the purchases so far. I will be sending the cigars in 2 shipments...most of them right away, the Graycliffs in a couple of weeks. Please send me a check or MO for $35 to cover the first shipment. I'll post the DC's when I get back from the PO tomorrow.

Whatcha gonna do with the extras?

I have enough extras to make a few sampler packs if anybody wants one.

- 6 cigars, $20 shipped (1 of each)
- 12 cigars, $35 shipped (2 of each)

Anybody who buys a sampler pack is welcome to post their thoughts about the cigar in this thread. PM or email me with your addy if you are interested.

I shipped the reviewer boxes via USPS this morning. I paid for 2-day service and "delivery confirmation"...numbers provided below. Remember that the USPS doesn't really provide package tracking, just confirmation after delivery. You can try and track your box using the number at www.usps.com, but it is likely that you won't get much useful information until after it gets delivered.

Bilder - 0480 5401 4370 3202 8223
Golgfar - 0480 5401 4370 3202 8216
AngryFishH - 0480 5401 4370 3202 8230
Tigger - 0480 5401 4370 3202 8247
AVB - 0480 5401 4370 3202 8254
TheVitaleMob - 0480 5401 4370 3202 8261
DogWatchDale - 0480 5401 4370 3202 8278

I've been talking with Bob and Dale (via email) from the Dog Watch Social Club podcast. I donated two sampler packs to the DWSC. Dale may talk about us in an upcoming podcast. If you haven't listened before, it is two guys talking about cigars and generally having a good time. They interview cigar people, etc....Hey, clearly I'm not their marketing guy or my shameless plug would be more eloquent and less shameless...Anyway, check it out at: http://www.dogwatchsocialclub.com/

Schedule info - for the reviews.

I propose that we all smoke and review the same cigar and then move on to the next one. I'm thinking 2 weeks per cigar with me acting as the shepherd and gatekeeper. We can move along a little faster if everyone gets done, if not I'll nag the stragglers. For me, the weather isn't a big factor (Orlando) but for those of you north of Atlanta (like Alaska!), winter smoking can be an issue. This doesn't have to a sprint...it is supposed to be fun.

Ok, so here's the schedule:

Jan 1-15 Arturo Fuente 858
Jan 16-31 Astral
Feb 1-15 Camacho Robusto
Feb 16-28 Cuba Aliados Robusto's
Mar 1-15 Don Thomas cetro's
Mar 16-31 Indian Tabac

Apr 1-15 Grayclif Emeral Robusto (not yet shipped)

So, your mission (reviewers) is to complete the assigned cigar review by the end date for that particular cigar.

I think it is easiest to just post in this thread, that way all the reviews will be in one place.

Ok, I've done all the prep work...let's see those reviews!

I am looking forward to this project. Never tried a Candela before so my reviews will be from a complete newbie perspective.

Time to warm up the herf mobile...

I should try to get a hold of a La Gloria Cubana Candela.

Though I think the only place that sells them is.....................Thompson :(

Package recieved, Talk about turnaround man, you're fast.

As I open them, "Wow, they're green... ...................."

Edit:typo

I wish I'd been around the board more vigilantly and gotten in on this one.

Candelas get such a bad rap...and of course, there are some stinkers out there. When they are made wrong, they're so tannic it makes you feel like the lining of your mouth is gonna shrivel and peel off.

But a properly made one can be a nice, sweet little treat in the morning.

I look forward to you guys' reviews! :thumbs:

Package recieved, Talk about turnaround man, you're fast.

As I open them, "Wow, they're green... ...................."
Oh my God, THEY"RE GREEN! CANDELAS ARE GREEN THEY"RE GREEN (In my best Soylent-NRA-Heston voice) ;)

Dale and Doug talked about the review on their show! Gave a good plug for CP and this thread.

Thanks Dale!