• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CA's Top Cigars of the year

uptown_isy

The Man Uptown
10. Partagas Series P No.2
9. Ashton VSG Torpedo
8. Rocky Patel Old World Torp maduro
7. Hemingway Classic
6. 601 Toro Maduro
5. Oliva V Beli

Any thoughts? For me, the shocker is the Rocky OWR. Personally, I like this smoke. I just never thought that CA would give it such a high rating. I'm happy that Eric and Eddie's 601 made the list and happy for Don Pepin. I expect another cigar or 2 made by Don Pepin to make the rest of the top 10 list. I still say the Padron Family Reserve and the LFD Salomon will make the 1 and 2 spots on the list.

Agree with you Isy. The OWR is a nice cigar, but not Top 10 material. For that matter, not sure why the Hemi is doing on that list either.

I'm anxiously awaiting the Top 5.

I don't see why the Casa Magna won't repeat. :p

Although I've never had one, I agree that the Padron or Salamon will be up towards the top. Most likely another Cuban as well, but don't know which one it will be.

9. Ashton VSG Torpedo
7. Hemingway Classic
6. 601 Toro Maduro
5. Oliva V Beli

Any thoughts? For me, the shocker is the Rocky OWR. Personally, I like this smoke. I just never thought that CA would give it such a high rating. I'm happy that Eric and Eddie's 601 made the list and happy for Don Pepin. I expect another cigar or 2 made by Don Pepin to make the rest of the top 10 list. I still say the Padron Family Reserve and the LFD Salomon will make the 1 and 2 spots on the list.

Let's see, it's a list by CA...and you're shocked? Now I'm shocked!

9. Ashton VSG Torpedo
7. Hemingway Classic
6. 601 Toro Maduro
5. Oliva V Beli

I'm only shocked b/c I didn't think the OWR was even rated this year. I was told they take the highest rated cigars of the year and review them a second time. But you're right Gary....I shouldn't be shocked when it comes to a list put out by CA.

It is hard to say the Oliva is a better cigar then the VSG, but like Gary said, CA there is a reason I do not read it.

I feel there is some money affecting results. I was planning on buying all the top 25 and storing them away for a while but I didn't think there would be BS.

It is hard to say the Oliva is a better cigar then the VSG, but like Gary said, CA there is a reason I do not read it.

Right Matthew....also, I don't think the Series P should have even made the top 25 list.

I'm curious to see who the other top advertisers manufacturer's end up being.

I feel there is some money affecting results. I was planning on buying all the top 25 and storing them away for a while but I didn't think there would be BS.
I know, right! This must be the first year money or BS has affected CA's results...wait... :rolleyes: ...

:p

9. Ashton VSG Torpedo
7. Hemingway Classic
6. 601 Toro Maduro
5. Oliva V Beli

LMAO!!!

I'd be very surprised if the Padron 45 didn't get the top notch, not because I think it's the best, just because I think it will win. I also think you can expect to see a Cuban or two in the top five, mainly because they only have one in the top 10 and that one is a bit of a surpriser, at least to me. I don't follow CA closely enough to know what all they have ranked highly this year. I do enjoy the magazine, but I take the rankings with a grain of salt.

Methinks the Cohiba Gran Reserva will be #1. Undeservedly, but that's my guess.

I got my hands on a Padron '65 Family Reserve a few weeks back and smoked it on New Years and wow was that a fantastic smoke! My vote!

#4 Diamond Crown maximus Double Corona
#3 Don Pepin My Father No. 1 (original)
#2 Cohiba Siglo V

Congrats AGAIN to Don Pepin!