• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chicago

Is Blue Havana the place that was associated with the Alley years back? What about Iwan Ries or Schwartz as far as downtown places to smoke? If you're at the Monaco, you're close both especially Iwan Ries. Man I haven't been back to Chitown in years. I'd love to get there but probably won't be happening this year. G1

Blue Havana is still part of the "Alley".

Much nicer place to hang and smoke than Iwan Reis IMO.

Yup the Alley guy owns the entire strip.

Also only place with a decent lounge to smoke at in the city that isnt snotty.

And Jack Schwarz is only open in the morning. By the time the crew gets together they would be closed. Unless Eric wants to hold the fort open for a private bash..!! :thumbs:

Yup the Alley guy owns the entire strip.

Also only place with a decent lounge to smoke at in the city that isnt snotty.

And Jack Schwarz is only open in the morning. By the time the crew gets together they would be closed. Unless Eric wants to hold the fort open for a private bash..!! :thumbs:

Now you are talking!!!! Eric???

Hmmmm, what time is everyone going to be together? Might be able to hang out for a bit here. Get me some details and I'll see what I can do.

Eric

Hmmmm, what time is everyone going to be together? Might be able to hang out for a bit here. Get me some details and I'll see what I can do.

Eric
We're coming into town around noon, after that it's whatever the crowd wants to do. ???

I get in Friday night, the 18th, late. When do you get in Elliot? Maybe meet up with you Rob the next day or something (pre or post wedding)?

At my parents place in the burbs, but it's not a big deal, I can get downtown real easy.

I'm down to meet up, not sure when though, won't be sure if I'll be working that day this far in advance.

A few notes, Iwan Ries has a lounge, but they charge you to use it, and from what I know it's small and cramped.

In the city the best lounges are Blue Havana (for it's selection and atmosphere)
and Tesa Cigar Co. (for it's size, comfort, and freedom of beverage choice)

Both open at 11 am, and both close around 10 pm, while Blue Havana is strict on their closing time, TESA is more lenient (I've hung out there much, much, much later), depending on how much fun is being had.

*edited to add TESA's Website
I would post Blue Havana's here too but they don't have one as such.

Just to be fair, Tesa only carries it's own line and that of Drew Estates (everyone's favorite), so bring your own or plan on trying one of theirs. Also, Tesa is not near any bars or affordable food. If the plan is to drink and be merry afterwards, I strongly suggest Blue Havana.

That said, I am down for anywhere the group decides.

Just to be fair, Tesa only carries it's own line and that of Drew Estates (everyone's favorite), so bring your own or plan on trying one of theirs. Also, Tesa is not near any bars or affordable food. If the plan is to drink and be merry afterwards, I strongly suggest Blue Havana.

That said, I am down for anywhere the group decides.
I'm down with Blue Havana, they sell everything i like and it's close to some good drinking and eating. To tell the truth i'm not much of a Drew Estates guy. But i'll go to Tesa if the crowd wants to. ;)

hehehe, I was just amending the "only one place to smoke in the city" idea, don't get me wrong, I'm down for Blue Havana, I'm there pretty much 2-3 times a week anyway! BTW if you are in Chicago tomorrow, Blue Havana is having a Los Blancos event from 5-10, word from David LosBlancos is that there will be a freebie, plus buy 3 get 1, and discounts on "mix and match" boxes that come in a humidor.

Can you tell I spend way too much time in B&M's? :sign:

hehehe, I was just amending the "only one place to smoke in the city" idea, don't get me wrong, I'm down for Blue Havana, I'm there pretty much 2-3 times a week anyway! BTW if you are in Chicago tomorrow, Blue Havana is having a Los Blancos event from 5-10, word from David LosBlancos is that there will be a freebie, plus buy 3 get 1, and discounts on "mix and match" boxes that come in a humidor.

Can you tell I spend way too much time in B&M's? :sign:
I'm impressed! :laugh: :thumbs:

I would not downplay the Tesa line of cigars, I'll smoke em all day. Though I will say its probably safer to have the selection at Blue Havana where everyone is sure to find something they already know they like.

I can't wait! :thumbs:

See ya there you bastids! :sign:

Yes sir. We are patiently awaiting your arrival. But you should reember like other past BOTl's who have hung with the Chicago crew to be ready for a hell of a good time!