• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Aficionado's Top 10 List

I was surprised to see the No.45 natural on there as well.

It's great to see some more affordable smokes in the top 10 so far this year though!

I'd say a BHK will be #1

I am going to say the 46 will be number 1. Top of the line cigar should be top of the list.

#45 is their #4 pick.....?? Weird. I thought the #46 was every bit the cigar that the #45 was....different, but very good.

There won't be two Padron's in the list....my guess is that #1 will be the BHK.

#45 is their #4 pick.....?? Weird. I thought the #46 was every bit the cigar that the #45 was....different, but very good.

It's possible Tom. I really think the #46 Should be number one. It should have at least made the list if it isn't. I can't get enough of these.

If it's not the 46 at #1, I think this is the first time Padron failed to grab a Top 3 spot.

ETA: From the Padron write-up:
"It’s impossible to exaggerate how well the Padrón family has done in our Top 25—three times the company has had a Cigar of the Year, and the Padróns have never failed to have a cigar in our top five. It’s an impressive show of consistency that no other company can claim."

They say top five there. Looks like their top three run is over with this year.

Camacho corojo churchill. Really? Guess Davidoff needs to get bang for their buck in advertising. What a crock! Meanwhile, the Padron 45 natural came out last year. As much as I love that cigar, why is it in the 2010 list?

I don't think it matters to them when a cigar comes out. Look at the Opus xXx and H. Upmann No. 2, for example; both have been around for a long time.

I'm pretty sure it's based on cigars rated during that year and has nothing to do with release dates.

It's possible Tom. I really think the #46 Should be number one. It should have at least made the list if it isn't. I can't get enough of these.
I hear that, John. I'm about bankrupt trying to keep 45's and 46's in the cabinet......:p

I hear that, John. I'm about bankrupt trying to keep 45's and 46's in the cabinet......:p

You and me both, TL.

Just curious if anyone knows how the power ranger jumps from a 90 to a 95 rating. I find these ratings interesting but not very subjective.

Throwing it out there, but I've heard a rumor that AB Family is the No. 1 stick... haven't had the time to see if they posted it or not, but the one I smoked was alright, but not the best stick of the year... IMO.

Throwing it out there, but I've heard a rumor that AB Family is the No. 1 stick... haven't had the time to see if they posted it or not, but the one I smoked was alright, but not the best stick of the year... IMO.

Heard a rumor or read speculation on another board? The only ones that know are the tasting panel and I doubt they're spreading rumors.

Heard a rumor or read speculation on another board? The only ones that know are the tasting panel and I doubt they're spreading rumors.

The rumor most likely started due to the score the AB T11 got in the issue of CI...

~brooks

Just curious if anyone knows how the power ranger jumps from a 90 to a 95 rating. I find these ratings interesting but not very subjective.

CA has said that they score all of the reviews as usual, then for the Top 25, they take all of the cigars that got a score over 90, and review them (blind) again...then THOSE Scores are used for the Top 25 list.

~brooks

The rumor most likely started due to the score the AB T11 got in the issue of CI...

~brooks

CA has said that they score all of the reviews as usual, then for the Top 25, they take all of the cigars that got a score over 90, and review them (blind) again...then THOSE Scores are used for the Top 25 list.

~brooks

Yes it received a 94 earlier this year so people are speculating it will be #1. Speculation is just guessing even if based on information such as the 94 score. A rumor insinuates someone knows something. 2 different things in my opinion.

~brooks

I suppose that it was speculation, however aren't all rumors started with speculation and like brooks said, the rumor was most likely started by the CI rating.

I just can't imagine an Alec Bradley being #1. But I said the same thing about Casa Magna.

As Jayro said, the high rating came out from CA. One of the highest rated cigars ever. It's b/w the AB and the BHK, IMO. Would just love to see the 46, although it's not probable.