• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar count?

I've got enough that when I open the humi doors, I'm always able to find something I'm excited about.

Enough that I do not need to buy anymore, but not so much that I actually stop buying more.

Bu11dog said:
I thought I had at least 100, no more than 150, I guess I was a bit off.

And yes, NOT ENOUGH is always the right answer!
Isn't that odd how that works. :)

18,270 cu in total available space
-    925 cu in boxes and humidification devices
_________
17,345 cu in net total cigars

Never counted them individually

A whole lot less than I did about 2 years ago.   :angry:

At least I've been forced to follow Infinity's advice, and I'm smoking all my good stuff.  

Boy am I glad this thread was resurrected. It got me to put an excel spreadsheet of what I have in the closet walk-in, price paid, box codes, amount on hand etc. It took a few days to put together but lets just say I have a freaking problem! :(

Now I'm going to attempt to put a spreadsheet for my loose cigars in my cabinet humi. 

I've been wanting to do this for years but never got around to it. It was nice to dig around the humi and find cigars you forgot about and do a bit of humi housecleaning. Now I just have to make sure to keep it updated.

I do this as well... Some folks might say "Just smoke 'em" but in any hobby that I have, cigars being one of my favorites, I tend to put a lot of effort into them, and it helps to get the most out of them. For example, when I go night diving, I have a spread sheet of all of my dive equipment, video and photography equipment, tidal and moon charts, etc... And... I tend to have very successful dive trips. So... I guess my point is this: if you are going to spend your time, money and energy on a hobby, putting more into it, will get the most out of it...

Bill, I keep telling you that there are no smokable cigars in the bottom of the ocean. :whistling:

Light this! said:
Boy am I glad this thread was resurrected. It got me to put an excel spreadsheet of what I have in the closet walk-in, price paid, box codes, amount on hand etc. It took a few days to put together but lets just say I have a freaking problem! :(

Now I'm going to attempt to put a spreadsheet for my loose cigars in my cabinet humi. 

I've been wanting to do this for years but never got around to it. It was nice to dig around the humi and find cigars you forgot about and do a bit of humi housecleaning. Now I just have to make sure to keep it updated.
I never record amount paid, I don't want to think about that. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty good at updating the spreadsheet when they come in, and almost never lower a number as I smoke. Indicating I have more than I do helps me keep buying down.

Though will buy a box if I start getting low on something I like. Mainly, it's a space issue. Living in the South, have to be in a winadore and there's only so much storage space, even with several of them.

Light this! said:
Bill, I keep telling you that there are no smokable cigars in the bottom of the ocean. :whistling:
Kris, I was looking for mermaids... thought I found one until I pointed my light and saw that it was a 10 foot hammerhead...
personal User said:

I never record amount paid, I don't want to think about that. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty good at updating the spreadsheet when they come in, and almost never lower a number as I smoke. Indicating I have more than I do helps me keep buying down.

Though will buy a box if I start getting low on something I like. Mainly, it's a space issue. Living in the South, have to be in a winadore and there's only so much storage space, even with several of them.
Ken, nice job with the spreadsheet brother! I usually update mine when I am done with a box, or like yourself, when I am low on something I really like...

I've never bothered to catalog or inventory, but a cursory count yields about 600.  I estimate lifetime total spending on cigars and accessories in the base model Toyota Corolla range.  

Light this! said:

I've been saying that since I met you...

The wife asked me one time and I said I don't know.  Won't be counting anytime soon.  Plausible deniability.

I try to keep mine under a 100, although now that I've started purchasing CCs, that number might rise a bit.  In general, I find that most cigars that I prefer don't age gracefully and don't smoke frequently enough to keep more on hand.  I would rather buy more frequently than have it sitting in the humidor for a while.