• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Exchange Protocol

I just learned more from this one thread than i have all week...

Since i'm about to embark in my first trade there was a lot that i still didn't know. But after reading this i feel comfortable enough to make this happen smoothly...

You guys are great....

ps...i do read more than i post

Thanks for this information, you guys give a lot info to newbs.

Here's a unique one:

How about if Person A gifts Person B a really nice cigar, let's say for example a Shark. Then shortly after that, some really hot girl smoking a cigar (Hottie A) happens along, and soon finds herself a seat at our table. Is it OK for Person B to regift that cigar to Hottie A in an effort to score? I believe these are somewhat unusual circumstances, and after all, she was wearing knee-high stockings in a school-girl outfit.

Not that this might have happened recently or anything...

hmmm.... tell me if I'm out of line, but Hottie A just happens to find her way to your table, wearing knee hihgs and school girl outfit it would seem to me it would be easier paying with money. IMHO.

Here's a unique one:

How about if Person A gifts Person B a really nice cigar, let's say for example a Shark. Then shortly after that, some really hot girl smoking a cigar (Hottie A) happens along, and soon finds herself a seat at our table. Is it OK for Person B to regift that cigar to Hottie A in an effort to score? I believe these are somewhat unusual circumstances, and after all, she was wearing knee-high stockings in a school-girl outfit.

hmmm.... tell me if I'm out of line, but Hottie A just happens to find her way to your table, wearing knee hihgs and school girl outfit it would seem to me it would be easier paying with money. IMHO.

Especially if she's going to do something other than smoking that cigar

This is a case for Bayesian reasoning!

The probability is the product of the calculated odds and prior knowledge.

The calculated odds is the impressiveness of the stick.

The prior knowledge is the likelihood that you will get to third base that very evening based on situational factors. Factors influencing the prior term are the chick's knowledge of cigars, alcohol consumed prior to the cigars coming out, how attractive you are, and anything you know about her, including the ability to tie a cherry stem in a knot with her tongue.

Now, if you need the stick to get to reasonable odds, it's justified.
If you don't need the stick to get to reasonable odds, it's not justified.
And if an entire box of Montes hand-delivered by Fidel himself couldn't get her in bed with you ... you know the answer to that one.

This is probably the first time that Bayesian inference has ever been discussed on this or any cigar forum. Wow.

Wilkey

Luckily, I closed the Wiki window before I started growth on a third eye. Ptooooey!

This topic arose in another thread so I thought it might be worthwhile to top this for our newer members.

uh, never mind... :whistling:

This subject seems particularly relevant now in light of the recent issues with a member who seems to have abused the trust of this community by violating ethical standards.

CigarExchangeProtocol.jpg

Comments:
The selling of gifted cigars is the only unequivocally forbidden action.

The trading or gifting away of gifted cigars is generally considered inoffensive, except perhaps in special cases where a) the cigar is particularly rare, expensive or otherwise significant or b) there is an expectation that the cigar will be smoked and the experience shared.

Jeez...If only there was a sticky on cigar exchange protocols

Here's a unique one:

It is o.k to give her a shark but i think what she really wants is a few inches bigger cigar.

So what it boils down is this, you got c%#$blocked.
Now a normal person would of been pissed. The smart person would of told his friend while looking into her eyes, " dont worry friend you keep that, and then say to her "I have fresher ones up in my room in my humidor follow me, and I can give you something better".

Come on Gavin, s/he just wanted to say hi in a thread that has nothing to do with introductions, or lame ass links... :)

S/he is just trying to give that lame website some additional traffic.

I have been a member for a while, but not active. This is the first thread oil chose to read because I would like to join my first cigar pass and wanted to make sure I didn't do anything stupid, but this is just common sense. I have been a cigar smoker for many years and most of the time, cigar smokers are the best people around. If that's all I need to know, I guess I'm ready.

Here are some thoughts and observations from a noob here that are being said with no disrespect or malice. What seems to be happening here is you are trying to set rules and regulations to govern every possible situation that could possibly arise. That is all well and good except you cannot govern everyones actions in every situation, our government and churches etc. have proven that out. The whole point of forums and communitys like this are fellowship and friendship with other likeminded folks. Yes, sometimes people don't act like we think they should and so we want to pass rules and regulations to make sure that sort of thing can't happen in the future. When groups like this get some age on them, "I think this forum has been around since "91", they seem to lose sight of the original purpose and objective, to have fellowship and develop friendships with other BOTL and SOTL'. Unfortunatly its a natural progression that happens in life.When you have been involved with a place like this for many years you tend to close ranks and narrow your perspective which causes us to become cinical and untrusting. I have been involved in many trades and giftings on other forums and yes sometimes what is received does not measure up to what was given, but in a community like this these things will happen, for many different reasons. I have lived by the rule " have a thick skin and a tender heart". When you have been a member for a long time it becomes "in some cases" hard to keep an open view of its original intent. You seem to do a very good job of outing snakes and thieves which is a good thing, but please don't take the fun and enjoyment out this place by overregulating every aspect of what goes on here. This forums motto, "the friendliest cigar forum on the internet" in my opinion has lost site of that. I know I will be attacked and flamed for this, but again my intent in writing this is not to be disrespectful in any way, but just hoping you will step back a little and examine what you are doing with an open mind and a tender heart. I urge not to lose sight of why we are here in the first place. A gift is a gift, once given it should be theirs to do with as they wish otherwise it was not a GIFT. I know many will say this place may not be for you, so be it, I would hope however that this place would be open to other opinions and observations.
That being said let the flaming begin, I have thick skin....................

A BOTL,

Lefty