• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Fest 2007

Headin' out in a few minutes, thanks for the heads up Shane. See you there in a few hours....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Make sure you get some good pictures for those of us who could not make it!! Enjoy all!! :cool:

HERE ARE SOME PICS

My review revolves around some CW activities but most of the players are on both sites, if not more!

Ok Gang,
Home from the CigarFest 2007! What an event this was!
The place was packed, well organized mayhem but a ton of people. I got to Lake Harmony, PA and the Split Rock Resort at about 1:15 after the 3:30 hour drive from Upstate New York. First impression was there were absolutely no signs anywhere as to where the fest was taking place. This is a resort village and there was very little way to figure out which buildings the event was taking place in. Luckily I remembered the mailing that came with the tickets because that had a little map which spelled it all out.

When I got to the Sports Complex there were a few hundred people on line and the early entry guys were coming out of the building already with their herf bags etc.

I walked to the front of the line, sussed it all out and went and got on the end of the line. This was the place, that's for sure. Lots of hot young girls selling raffle tickets etc. Ah, Cigar Fest a place where the old feel a little younger and ogle young nubiles while smoking the leaf.

Once the line started to move, things happened swiftly and efficiently. They split the entrance into two lines and had multiple people handing out the goods. I got a sports bag, a Humidor which I later found to be full of 20 premium smokes, a Cigars International Ashtray (a cool surprise because they never said we were getting this) and a coupon book which allowed you to get more cigars right from all the vendors. Many of the manufacturers themselves were there. Including Rocky Patel, Nick Perdomo, Nick Cusano etc....

It took a while to walk around and get all the sticks because the lines were long. All tolled I wound up with 45 Premium Cigars (20 of which were in the humidor). Nice score!!!! Some of these I might actually smoke!

I ran into Charlie First, He's StogieMan, Then Tommy Boy and then HERFIN' BIG DOG. These are guys that would be hard to miss, even in an event of this size! Later I found Eagle Eyes Eric. We all made plans for the big CW raffle and Photo Session. In the meantime it was more smoking and people watching. I smoked a total of 6 cigars today. A Bolivar Royal Corona and a Punch Rare Corojo Rothschild on the drive down. I smoked another Rare Corojo online, a Double Corona. Then once inside I smoked a Tatuaje Havana IV Pyramid and a CAO Maduro, For the raffle I finished the day off with a Saint Louis Rey Serie A. What a Day.........

Tommy Boy wins the award for coming by with a huge grin on his face saying Come-on, were going to get the girls to hold the sign! He meant the CAO girls and I wasn't going to need any coaxing for this action.
Tommy and his gang first with all the girls, then I got a select few to snuggle with me for a nice Photo, See the Pics!

caogirls.jpg

Thanks Tommy YOU ARE Da'MAN!

You said it Mr Tapes. Me and my gang got to the fest around 0900. Line for the brunch was already about 50 deep. It didn't start untill 1000. In line I saw Mr.Wolf and his wife. By the way Happy belated Aniversery! If I could only find an event for mine.... Any way at brunch we were blessed with Nick Perdomo's table. Top notch to chat with. Also at our table was one of the members of the Metropolitin Society. A private Cigar club located in New Jersey. He gave some good start up insite for a local club in our area. Big dreams... At last years brunck you had a selection of smokes as you walked in the door. To my disapointment that was not the case this year. We met up with Dan(mr.wolf) and Tim (brewmiester) and thier wives. (sorry for spilling the beans about the nearby outlets :whistling: ) Any how great food and great company.

As we funnelled into the hallway to the event the electricity was in the air. My father in law was a newbie to the event so he had no idea what he was even getting. We walked in and it was like Bam Bam Bam! Heres your bag, Heres your ashtry, Heres your humidor filled with sticks! He thought that was it. Boy was he wrong! 49 sticks in all! My cousin and I bought the CF07 shirts so we were handed a 5 pack of CI aniversary Cigars and A smily hat. We hung out with Walt from Perdomo for a while, ate some pig and once again saw Dan and Tiand the wives.

After a quick trip back to the room to make a drop, it was back to the fest to see if we had won any of the raffles. They were raffling off over $50,000 worth of merch not including the Jeep. But as my luck goes, I have no luck. Any way I made a fat donation to LIfePath.

We went back to the room to get ready fro the after party and if you went, you will know what I mean. Oh. My. God. :D :blush: Thats all I have to say about that. We staggered back to our room about 0130 and fell into bed.

Ci once again put on an amazing event. Thaks to all the sponsors and the event staff. And Thank you CAO.

Wow! What a fun weekend! :thumbs: We had another great time this year, and looking forward to next years event already. We rolled in Friday evening after stopping at the new CI store in Bethlehem.

We had a blast hanging out with Mr & Mrs BrewMeister all weekend (and thanks again for the surprise anniversary dinner, totally unnecessary but very much appreciated).

And the few times we ran into Herfin' BigDog, Smoke76 and his crew, mrtapes, hudsonvalley, boonedoggle and a few we saw last year and some new friends we made this year.

9a286294.jpg

Rocky after signing a box for me.

3e761bb7.jpg

Me and Erik Espinosa

65e90027.jpg

Me, Kaizad Hansotia, Keith the owner on CI and Nestor Plasencia. These guys were really cool, especially Kaizad!

b9954b36.jpg

Smoke76 with his eyes closed!

b5f58f8c.jpg

The line to get in for the early ticket holders.

e34eb2af.jpg

Me and Nick

d4c71d61.jpg

Mike Cusano

78acd5db.jpg

mrtapes and Herfin' BigDog

3ff05c01.jpg

Main room in the afternoon

e8db12dd.jpg

Smaller room where the band was.

7e8b6f01.jpg

Lake Harmony.

Great pics Mr. Wolf!

Mrs. Brewmeister and I had a great weekend, enjoyed our visit with Mr & Mrs Wolf. We were lucky enough to have fantastic weather all weekend. The event was bigger than last year, both in attendance and vendors. Did say hello to boondoggle, HerfinBigDog. Never did find the rest of the CP attendees.

Looking forward to next year's event! :thumbs:

It was a great event. I didn't even know I was going until Friday. One of the guys from the clubhouse up here was in the hospital so I used his ticket to pick up his gifts. Luckily he will be out today or soon. They could do two or three things to make it even better.

1. Put the vendor number on an 8 x 10 card at the TOP of the booth so you didn't have to ask.

2. Allow tailgating outside. They made Delarob take his grill down. It is hard to see where this kind of activity could have a downside. Perhaps it was his Cartoon Network flag that was offensive.

3. Have a band outside while the lines assemble to make that more enjoyable.

But overall a great event. Usually I don't like assemblies of a**h*les over ten in number but this was so well organized it was tolerable :laugh: And the liquor and microbrew samples helped pass the time pleasantly.

We set up the grill, Stogieman's crew, at the parking lot of our place afterward and lots of ribs, joking, and general BS ensued. Next year I might even buy a ticket. :laugh:

In my opinion.....if you didn't enjoy this event. Don't go to any other cigar event as long as you live.
This one KICKED ASS!!
Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello.......It was great to see all my old and new friends. I'm still tired!! WOOOOOSH!

Steve @ CAO

Just as all the other guys said, the Fest kicked a$$. Startin' around 0730 Saturday morning picking up the guys, we were smoking great sticks non stop till around 1030 that night. Seen a lot of ole' friends and met a lot of new ones as well. I can't wait till next year's event alreay........ :D :thumbs: :p

Like Toje said, if you didn't like this one then don't bother going to another one.

I had sworn off Cigarfest after the one two years ago in Allentown but after hearing about last year I thought I would try it again. Talk about a difference! The event was about as good as it gets when you have 2000 cigar smokers in one place.

Back