• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar girls...

coventrycat86 said:
AVB called Emo a "post whore" ya gonna bitch about that now?
[snapback]276851[/snapback]​

I think I called him the whore, it's kinda funny, Emo is the post whore and Cheekie is the... "One who likes attention"... :sign: :laugh:

I agree emodx. Some people really lack communication skills, which is of utmost importance on a forum board when "face time" is nil. There are some people on this board that I have noticed, in my limited time here, antagonize others. Seems like they get a laugh out of it, I'm not sure why. Some people on here are also very young. Maturity comes with time and age. Such is life.

Jason

That's the way it works for you new fellers....take your lumps, grow a set and if you last through that, you just might fit in.

I know I've said that before, it just doesn't seem to sink in.

I will guarantee you this....it's not going to change... ;)

Lee said:
That's the way it works for you new fellers....take your lumps, grow a set and if you last through that, you just might fit in.

I know I've said that before, it just doesn't seem to sink in.

I will guarantee you this....it's not going to change... ;)
[snapback]276993[/snapback]​
Yeah, your right about that.

Never have I gone to a herf only to witness people getting made fun of to see if they "had the stuff". This is a hobby to be enjoyed by all, not used to put others down to pick and probe at their character. Of course that could be because I'm a respected member of society that earns my living, has a wonderful family and I also happen to be a very large man. But that should not be the basis for which people judge me. I assume that most people are good, upstanding members of society until proven otherwise. It seems that people on this board are "provoked" into compromising situations. It doesn't seem fair, and life is anything but, that is true. Simply put, this hobby is not about poking at character, it's about smoking cigars and discussing matters relating to smoking cigars. At a real life herf, 99 percent of this stuff would not happen. That's what I consider this board, a 24/7 virtual herf. We're all BOTL's unless proven otherwise.

Jason

Jason

You know what? If you're an attention whore and someone calls you an attention whore it's just saying a dog is a dog. It's not the attention whore that bugs me it's the attention whore denial society types that trips my trigger. In my opinion the original flag bearer of the attention whore bandwagon has plenty of evidence to support him. The real question here is, "Is you is or is you ain't", and whether you like it is beside the point.
NA

You missed the point Michigan, it's a right of passage, ball-busting if you will, it happens on all the boards. I've been on them for years and that's just the way it is.

When you meet at a herf, it's the exact opposite, unless you're a real douchebag and it's obvious to everyone. Even then, they'll treat you decent.

The banter comes with the boards....if it wasn't like that, it'd be boring a hell!

Hell, I've met many of these guys and we've had a ball hanging out together! The forums have a pecking order, always have...always will.

Now, you'll know when someone is getting flamed, this was no where close, I assure you!

I understand what you're saying Lee. Forum boards have their own society and as being such, have certain rules correlating to said society. It makes sense to me, it really does. But I think that sometimes it crosses the line, that's all I'm saying.

Some people never grow up. I've noticed some members actually following around other members to simply post negative things about them in the threads they're subscribing to. This shows lack of maturity and some lack of self love. The ability to hide behind a computer also helps, as I've never had people coming to me like that. More people on this board just need to stand up...if self-policing is the motto, then more people need to do so. I'm just someone who isn't going to put up with garbage on a forum that I otherwise enjoy. I hope things change, if not then I may have to subscribe elsewhere.

Someone sent me this- I decided to share it for it was rather enlightening as to what is goin on here.

Cheekie said:
Some people never grow up. I've noticed some members actually following around other members to simply post negative things about them in the threads they're subscribing to. This shows lack of maturity and some lack of self love. The ability to hide behind a computer also helps, as I've never had people coming to me like that. More people on this board just need to stand up...if self-policing is the motto, then more people need to do so. I'm just someone who isn't going to put up with garbage on a forum that I otherwise enjoy. I hope things change, if not then I may have to subscribe elsewhere.

Someone sent me this- I decided to share it for it was rather enlightening as to what is goin on here.
[snapback]277008[/snapback]​
Some of this is done so people can't run and hide when they have done something stupid. In a sense, that is a form of self policing.

I could care less what someone sent you Cheekie. If they don't have the the guts to say it for themselves, it doesn't mean anything to me.

The folks who get followed around are followed around for a reason. You don't post without accountablity on here. If someone wants to talk smack, they should be prepared to be questioned about it.

Let's see, besides this nonsense today...let's look back a few days shall we?

We have GTPHale and his comments on a topic. When questioned, he jumped ugly, called long standing members Nazi's, proclaimed that we were all on ignore, and then came back to remind us how wonderful CP was. Boy, that's mature behavior, uhhh yeah....sure.

Better yet, we have our dearest Lumpy, who's posts the most ridiculous, assinine comments I've ever had the displeasure of reading, and get's the business for it. Folks try to tell him he's wrong, it's uncalled for, etc. What does he do? He continues right along.....it's like if I told him I was drowning, he'd describe the water!! Talk about look at me's, he's the king of 'em!

The list goes on and on and on....and we'll continue to deal with the likes of idiots, one-post wonders like the one who showed up in here a few pages ago, etc.

You forgot that asshat Jeffro600 there daweeba. Talk about a jackass in a squirrel suit.

NA

I understand what you mean. There are some true work of wonders in society. Society being as large as it is, is natrually going to contribute some of these works here. These guys know what's comin. I just feel there is another group of people who truly care about this hobby and would love nothing better than to share a cigar with a fellow smoker. These are the people I'm talking about. I wish that there could be a little more understanding. For every post with someone getting made fun of, there is probably 10 or 20 with great information on this board. That's what I love about this place. And I even admit I agree that without some flaming/joking, this board might be boring. I just feel sometimes it goes too far.

Jason

Jason

MichiganM said:
I understand what you mean. There are some true work of wonders in society. Society being as large as it is, is natrually going to contribute some of these works here. These guys know what's comin. I just feel there is another group of people who truly care about this hobby and would love nothing better than to share a cigar with a fellow smoker. These are the people I'm talking about. I wish that there could be a little more understanding. For every post with someone getting made fun of, there is probably 10 or 20 with great information on this board. That's what I love about this place. And I even admit I agree that without some flaming/joking, this board might be boring. I just feel sometimes it goes too far.

Jason

Jason
[snapback]277021[/snapback]​

Might be a good idea to spend some quality time on CPass, Jason, before offering perspective. ;)

I'm sorry for leaving out our dearest Mr. Bodine! I knew I left out someone...

One thing's for sure, we're watchin' and don't think we're not. ;)

MilesMingusMonk said:
MichiganM said:

Jason

Jason
[snapback]277021[/snapback]​

Might be a good idea to spend some quality time on CPass, Jason, before offering perspective. ;)
[snapback]277025[/snapback]​

You are clearly missing the point. You chose to look over everything I said and chose to look at post counts and offer up an opinion only relating to that, not relating to the intelligent argument I brung up. But that's the good thing about opinions...we are all entitled to them and I respect yours. I respectfully disagree though as well. I unfortunately digress...I cannot have an intelligent debate if post counts matter more than thought.

Jason

Edit for additional rhetoric: I would be a hypocrite not to comment on what you said, thereby clearly missing your point. You are right, I have little place to comment on a society I have not been a part of long enough. I hope that my thoughts and perspective have done someone some good.

Not really about the post count, it's about longevity....with it, comes friendship, trust, loyalty, etc.

That's the "meat" of what happens here, some will never understand nor be included because they don't want to follow the unwritten rules....

Nah...has nothing to do with post count. Time.

Two weeks on the forum doesn't give you enough insight on the dynamics of the forum, time to get to know members, time to start making generalizations on what makes this place tick. Time.

Lee said:
Not really about the post count, it's about longevity....with it, comes friendship, trust, loyalty, etc.

That's the "meat" of what happens here, some will never understand nor be included because they don't want to follow the unwritten rules....
[snapback]277030[/snapback]​

Somebody should write these down