• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pass Cigar Review Club

Matt R

That's #1 Member to you. :)
OK guys, here it is. The first installment of the Cigar Pass Cigar Review Club, heretofor referred to as CPCRC.
I will need 12 members in good standing to get installment #1 off the ground, I will be #1, so will need 11 more people. This tasting will be Havana robustos. Each participant will receive 2 robusto sized cigars to review in the "What Have You Been Smoking Lately" forum. This will leave one cigar extra. The extra cigar will be given to the person with the most creative review, judged by an independent member (i.e. one who is not in this installment of CPCRC. Below is a list of five different boxes of robustos along with the price per person to be included in this installment. the price next to each box includes the cigars and USPS delivery, with Delivery Confirmation. When you sign up, on this thread AND by private message, vote for which box we should review in this go around. most votes wins and the box will be ordered. I will order the box a couple days after we have a complete list of partcipants. The cigars will not be mailed to participants until the sign up fee is received. There will also be a timeline set up for the reviews to be posted. The cigars will not require much travel time so making them rest should not be necessary. If you sign up, be prepared to play along and not back out at the last minute. this is not a monetary issue, just a common courtesy issue. Members who particpate in this first round will be invited back for round two and will be asked for suggestions for round two, i.e. size and brand. So, taht should cover the formalities. Here are the vitolas to choose from for installment #1 of CPCRC:

Bolivar Royal Coronas $16.26 per person
Juan Lopez #2 $17.26 per person
Partagas Series D #4 $18.43 per person
Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme $16.10 per person
Vegas Robaina Famoso $17.68 per person

These prices include two cigars per participant, for review, and USPS mailing. It does not take into account the new postal rates that go into effect July 1, 2002, as I hope to get this going before they take effect.

So, sign up and vote, here AND by private message. Please include your e-mail address in the private message.

Thanks! Matt

Matt, count me in on this one. I vote for the Vegas Robaina Famoso. PM being sent. :thumbs:

Vegas sounds good...I'd pick the Choix supreme, but I'm already gonna order those :D

Yes..pleeeeaaaassssss!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Juan Lopez #2 :D

Count me in brother Matt, Vote:Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme
PM Sent

I'll not be voting, so the totals you see here are the running total. Vegas Robaina Famosos lead by one right now. Also I should mention that the cigars will NOT be banded, just in case someone wonders. :) Need a few more people....

Oh and one more thing I forgot. When signing up please send me your mailing addy along with your vote and e-mail addy, by PM. That way I'll be able to keep everything in one folder and not get anything mixed up. Thanks guys!

Hopefully I'm considered "in good standing". :) If so, I'd love to participate. My vote is for the SD4. PM on the way.

We're halfway there! Going home, talk to you guys tomorrow!

Matt,
I'm sure I'm in good standing and would love to join in the fun!

My vote would be for the Vegas Robaina Famoso as well.

PM on the way!

Thanks!

Lee :thumbs:

Great idea Matt...count me in. :) I'm assuming this is current year harvest?

Vegas Robaina Famoso sounds good...... or what ever the majority decides I'm Ok. PM on its way!

These will be '01 cigars I would assume. But will clarify after the order. :) Need only a couple more. :)

:D
1. Shadow
2. Horse
3. Beast
4. Puro Brat
5. Father Tiresius
6. Leebo
7. Allofus123
8. Jeff
9. Matt R.
10. ?
11. ?
12. ?

1. Shadow
2. Horse
3. Beast
4. Puro Brat
5. Father Tiresius
6. Leebo
7. Allofus123
8. Jeff
9. Matt R.
10. cohibasurfer
11. ?
12. ?

My vote is for the del reys... If I happen to be in good standing today... I would love to play...Just let me know !

Snailer sent

Hey don't forget about me!!! LMAO
I vote for BRC but any of them sound good to me.
Snailer sent just in case you lost it! :D

We are full!!! OK e-mails out to you later today as to mailing address for $$ and other details. ;) Here's the list of participants.

1. Shadow
2. Horse
3. Beast
4. Puro Brat
5. Father Tiresius
6. Leebo
7. Allofus123
8. Jeff
9. Matt R.
10. cohibasurfer
11. Firestorm
12. Joe P.

Oh and we will tasting/reviewing Vegas Robaina Famosos which had 4 votes.

Vote results:
VR Famoso - 4
JL#2 - 2
ERDM CS - 2
PSD#4 - 2
BRC - 1