• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pass Cigar Review Club

Begin non flaming rant

That's why I'm not b@#!$ing about it.  Matt's a good guy, and to be honest, I don't have the access to the goodies like he is.  I'd have only been able to handle a non ISOM review, but with Matt's, it's a lot more open than I ever would have been capable of handling.  Maybe we can have the non ISOM and a ISOM review club.  I don't know.  I also don't think stretching everyone so thin is fair either though.

I think putting aside the ego's and letting this club fly for a few rounds, I think it's going to rock.  

End of non flaming rant

Smokin said:
End of non flaming rant[/b]
I'm afraid I don't understand...... what would you have to bitch about?

And what ego's?

.... I sure hope this is just a matter of people posting before thinking! :lookup: :)

Well, like I had written before, Matt had jacked my idea and acted on it, which is great, because like I said, I wouldn't be able to do anything more than non ISOMs with it, which wouldn't be a good thing(tm). I consider myself thick skinned, because quite frankly, I would be personally offended for Matt jacking my idea, acting on it, and not even asking me be a part of it if I weren't. (Hence the comment about bitching).

My comment about fairness, we COULD create a seperate club for nonISOMs, but I wouldn't want to stretch members money-wise if they wanted to review both sides, even though it's up to a member to participate, what about the folks that don't have the cash to spend, yet really wanted to be a part? Do you cover them, not... Bundle of worms opens....

Had nothing about thinking before posting. I say what I write and I write what I say. If you don't understand it, break out the Tony to CigarPass dictionary :p

And yes, I'm being an ass on purpose. So don't take what I say so seriously until I call you out. I poke fun sometimes to get a rise out of people. I play Devil's Advocate a lot just to get people involved. Sheesh. If your going to sit there and analyze every word that's typed, then go light up a smoke and relax. :p :lookup:

OK, so I "jacked" YOUR idea? This is far from a new idea. I have been involved in this on numerous other boards over the last four or five years. Anyway I'm done with it. I will do this round and then I'll let someone else do it. It's not like I don't have other stuff I could be doing. So, now you can have your idea and see what you can make of it if you would like. If you just want to stir up stuff or play a devils advocate, jump over to CF and see if you can hang with the guys there. Good Luck. Sorry guys, but I "jacked" smokintone's idea and will now defer to him.

As for installment one, you guys got your e-mails and it will continue as planned.

Personally speaking, yes, I also have to budget for my habits/hobbies... and spending $17 to try out an ISOM (2) that I've never tried before is within my LIMITED budget. If I want to try/review a non isom, yes, I would take part of my budgeted amount and go to one of the local shops and buy it and try it.

This was gonna take time and effort on Matt's part. It's kinda like going out to lunch with a crowd and trying to gather all the $$'s together on one tab. The one holding the tab gets stuck with more than his share the majority of the time.

I've tried many non-isoms, and when I lit my first isom and had that 'twang', I was hooked. So, back to the limited budget part...I'm now very frugil with my cigar budget and WANT to buy isoms. This is the perfect opportunity to try reasonable isoms.(and usually cheaper than most 100% smokable non's)

Like many others, I'll admit to becoming a 'snob' about what I choose to smoke. But I'll be danged if I'm gonna spend over $5 on a stick that I'm gonna toss somewhere around 1/2 way smoked.

I'm scrimping, saving, and yes selling off cigars, to buy ISOM's thru...yep....Matt. All the while trying out as many as I can possibly get my hands on.

Tony, if you want to head up a non-isom review thread/club, whatever...great! If I happen to have one that you're reviewing, I'll be more than happy to join in the fun. But please, don't flame Matt's stepping up to the plate on this one.

??? Matt ??? We love ya man :)

Matt ... I know your not thin skinned. You can take as well as dish with the best of 'em. Your a great asset to this and many other boards. I want to thank you for grabbing the idea and running with it.

Smokin'Tone ... I know you think this idea was yours (although it is not original), but Matt felt he had time and wanted to make it happen , no harm .. no foul. Not everyone has the time and connections, not to mention trust of the peers to pull off every idea that we can come up with. These things can become snowballs rolling down hill ( Take DMC's Pass for example), and they can also flop. Now let's put this little flare up out to pasture and get back to buisness.

:thumbs:

HAPPY FATHERS DAY !

Anything for a reason to smoke a good one! LMAO See you in three weeks Bro!

Matt R said:
OK, so I "jacked" YOUR idea? This is far from a new idea. I have been involved in this on numerous other boards over the last four or five years. Anyway I'm done with it. I will do this round and then I'll let someone else do it. It's not like I don't have other stuff I could be doing. So, now you can have your idea and see what you can make of it if you would like. If you just want to stir up stuff or play a devils advocate, jump over to CF and see if you can hang with the guys there. Good Luck. Sorry guys, but I "jacked" smokintone's idea and will now defer to him.

As for installment one, you guys got your e-mails and it will continue as planned.
Dude, I know it's not an original idea, and I know I'm not the first one to come up with it, but don't it so seriously.  I'm not going to get into a pissing match, and if you actually read what I wrote in other threads on this main thread, I supported you and you stepping up and taking it on.  Did I say I was pissed, or anything?  No.  Read what I wrote.  

Flame me, burn me, whatever.  I made some comments, and if you can't take it as it was, as playing devil's advocate and having fun, that's not my problem.  BTW Matt, I supported you taking charge and was joking around.  Read what someone else posted about asking me to do a nonISOM review club.  I said no, because I want a unified review club, with YOU running the show.  So please don't sit there and act like I flamed you, because I didn't.  

If you guys don't want me on the board, after my pass is back to me and I complete the passes I've been in, I'll leave.  I don't want problems, and if people can't or refuse to have a sense of humor, then I'll be done with it and leave you guys alone.  

Every person has a different attitude towards things and if you took me overtly seriously, I apologize.

[quote name='Smokin'Tone' date='June 15 2002,7:25']Every person has a different attitude towards things and if you took me overtly seriously, I apologize.[/quote]
Great!! Now keep apologizing, until Matt is willing to continue heading this review project.  

I don't know how in the hell a thread like this got out of hand...but the people ( and I mean people) that need to make it right...better make it right!!!!!

**this post has been edited from it's original format...due to a suggestion from a respected brother of ours**

FYI- It was far more harsh than this..I just hope this thread works out... ???

Matt,
I appologize for steppin on your toes which I didn't do intentionally in this thread. I sent a PM with my thoughts. From now on please PM as to not air our dirty laundry in a public forum.
Emo

Man I love these commercial breaks :D Was that one for a new soap ??? "As the Leaf Burns" ;)

LMAO at you guys. OK so forgive and forget, I will. My apologies. I was feeling a bit down this weekend. We will continue with the program, though I reserve the right to change the "rules" as we go. LMAO The smokes are ordered and the reviewers will soon be thinking about Vegas Robaina Famosos instead of my mis-interpretations of words. :)