• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pass Cigar Review Club

Matt, just wanted to throw out an option. If you wanted to we could set up a PayPal account for getting the $$ to you rather than having to wait on the MOs in the mail. Just a thought, either way works for me.

Dang, lookin at that list, PB gonna be playing in the big leagues in this one. My what my big mouth do get me into!! :D :p :)

Ok..PB...in your reviews we will have none of these flavors:

Burnt brown toast
well done meat
beef jerky
road kill
boot leather....

...anyway you get the point. :p :D :p LMAO. ;)

Man, you and me BOTH! How'd this one slip though my fingers?

:sneaky:

Checks or Money orders will be fine with me. I'm not worried about waiting for the mail. :) E-mails going out soon, got into a big project here at work so time is limited today.

Excellent idea Matt! I miss checking out Cigar Pass.com one day in several months and I miss the whole thing... LMAO! Gotta be quick now that the membership has grown. You snooze you lose! Oh well...I look forward to the reviews. Long ashes guys!

Matt...count me in on the next tasting! Thanks.

Sam J.

Sam, you hit the nail on the head there. Anybody who missed it this time, can get in on the next one I bet, I know I can't afford to be in them real often, but this is gonna be great fun :D Thanks again Matt, "the check is in the mail" as they say

Another creative idea with huge success! This thing filled up quick!

Thanks Matt for putting it together and getting the smokes! Top notch, my friend!

I'm ready to do some tasting!

Leebo

(Also known as Osama Bin Leebo over at Lovers of the leaf!!) :sign:

can you hear me kicking myself in the butt for missing this one? :( Oh well next time.

Unless someone else out there (smokintone hint) chooses different cigars to rate. Im sure it'll fill up quick like this one did. I would but have have to much else going to run one. ???

Maybe next time we will do a 50 cab. ;) That would allow for more reviewers. This was the "training" round. :) I also apologize for not getting the e-mails out. But, I have put in a request for the cigars, not an official order until Monday, from my supplier. Hopefully all the reviewers will have theirs in their hands mid-week after next, if not before.

J Lew said:
can you hear me kicking myself in the butt for missing this one? :(  Oh  well next time.

Unless someone else out there (smokintone hint) chooses different cigars to rate. Im sure it'll fill up quick like this one did. I would but have have to much else going to run one. ???
Naaaaa, I'm not going to compete with my own idea, that'd be silly :p

But I am fer shoooor gonna try and get in on the next review.

Besides, Matt has better access to the 'gars, I think the right person is a better leader for this idea anyway.

I love the idea...and I really think Paypal is the way to go...no risk, no real charge...IMHO I think there needs to be 2 groups...ISOM and not...granted you had some nice lines, but to snub non-ISOM's made it hard for me to join. Trust me, I want to smoke some nice Cubans, but I also want to try what is assccessible to me. Just my 2 cents...

Emo
The ohter idea I had was to send the extra see-gar to someone outside the post as a gift...to a newbie, vet, or even as a gift to the lucky guy who geets interviewed

I think Matt's idea is a great one ;)   I ment to jump in but missed this go around ???  I'll be there next time...  
Looking forward to everyone's review  :D

emodx said:
I love the idea...and I really think Paypal is the way to go...no risk, no real charge...IMHO I think there needs to be 2 groups...ISOM and not...granted you had some nice lines, but to snub non-ISOM's made it hard for me to join. Trust me, I want to smoke some nice Cubans, but I also want to try what is assccessible to me. Just my 2 cents...

Emo
The ohter idea I had was to send the extra see-gar to someone outside the post as a gift...to a newbie, vet, or even as a gift to the lucky guy who geets interviewed
There's no real risk and no real charge for US mail either, unless you can't afford a stamp. I prefer to not accept PayPal even though I have a PayPal account. If someone feels funny sending me a check then they can discuss it with me by e-mail or PM. As far as a Non-Havana group, start one. I was trying to take an idea that someone suggested, but did not act on and turn it into something fun. If it is not going to be fun and is ging to be criticized then maybe there will be no round 2. I did not "snub" non-Havanas... did you read my first post? This is round one. Besides, Havanas are readily available to you and everyone else and look at the price of these cigars, $8 a piece. Dude, you need to look at the glass half full instead of half empty. You tried blasting me on the SoCal herf thread a while back without having any idea what was going on and I'm not sure why you are trying it again here. Sorry if I'm being blunt here, but this offends me. Maybe I'm just thin-skinned, but I don't think so.

As to the gift idea, send me your address, I'll send you something.

I apologize to the other guys here if what I just posted is out of line. But, as some of you know, I'm going to speak my mind when I'm called out on something. Usually it's in a joking matter, but not this time.

Oh, and Happy Father's Day tomorrow. :)

emodx said:
I think there needs to be 2 groups...ISOM and not...granted you had some nice lines, but to snub non-ISOM's made it hard for me to join. Trust me, I want to smoke some nice Cubans, but I also want to try what is assccessible to me. Just my 2 cents...
If I want to review something that is accessible to me...I'll drive to store and buy it. my 2 cents ;)

Thanks Matt for stepping up to the plate and taking on the responsibility to host this event. I also appreciate you taking charge of this as it appeared that some were wanting it to be everything to everybody. This is not a flame! Please understand that Matt has taken on the responsibility to obtain some smokes with his own $$,at a risk of confiscation I might add, so that 12 people can taste and review some island smokes. I don't know how many other people here have taking on that kind of responsibility to put their money up front to secure cigars, be vulnarable to confiscation, take the time to package and address twelve boxes all for the benifit of others. I do know that the twelve people involved in this tasting and review have voted on what they want to smoke and had 5 great smokes to choose from. I don't understand how not including certain cigars snubbed anyone? This is round one of what I hope is many. Who knows what we'll be smoking in round two....maybe revisit some of that whacky tobacky from college ;)  :p  As was suggested already, if anyone wants to have a non-havana tasting.... host it.

I hope this is not taken as a flame cause its not. Please don't read it that way. Too many times we lose the intent of a message on the internet because it can be read many ways. Please read this one positively.  :thumbs:

PS - Matt, I probally jinxed this talking about confiscation but you know I wouldn't leave you holding the bag. I'd send you a lars or two.... :)