• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar pass rating experiment

After opening the package, I found a "taste" rarely found on the "Americanized" flavor wheel. I had to dig deep into the relic chest to see if I still had my ancient seegar flavor wheel. BAM!!! There she was.

There was a slight "freshly washed oyster shell" aroma, but not the standard, the one with the strong taste of "water from the cleaning area" taste. The overwhelming "taste"/smell however was that of the freshly waxed, Shaolin Monk fighting floor, on a Wednesday, after Kung Fu training. At first, I caught this taste, but without the faint Wednesday hint. After a bit of research it made it much clearer.

Wednesday is the day they do their laundry. ALL of the laundry. So, the Kung Fu class seems to be sans clothing and leaves quite the smell in the air(and on the floor). THAT, is what I've identified in this sampling.

I know, I know. You may say, how can anyone pick up on the fine nuances such as this, and NOT be named @cabaiguan juan?! I'm not sure either but I did. Maybe he's rubbing off on us all.

Never-the-less, enjoy the experiment and we'll see if y'all have the same experiences. Smoke em if ya got em, Quai Chang!!!

Floyd T
I do indeed wonder what Shaolin munk butt scoot floors smell like.

From the feedback I got participants really enjoyed this experiment so I am thinking of doing part 2.

Also based on the feedback the scoring system needs to be changed. Major issue from what I understand was with 20 points being allocated to complexity. And the underlying issue being how do you define it and is that so important if a cigar has great flavor but just consistent without being complex. Complexity is still important I think but I will bring it down to 10 points. Esthetics is also probably to high at 10 points so let’s make it 5

New breakdown. Total 100 points. Construction 35 flavor 50 complexity 10 and appearance / esthetics 5

My guess is there will be a nice sale around Labor Day which should give us enough time to iron out any other questions/ details and get enough participation

So let’s see who is interested and let’s hear your questions, comments, ideas. 👍👍