• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarBid steals

SFG75

Master-passer
I've spent time on CBid for awhile now. I started out having stuff delivered to me about twice every week. The wife put a stop to that and I really chilled out on CBid, focusing more on just buying boxes and doing other things(such as passes) Most of my bids have been on super cheapies just to try things and to see what is out there. A few cheapies have been good, a few others very forgettable. Tonight, I got on and with a minute left, realized that a steal was right before my eyes. Up for auction action was a 5-pack of La Vieja Habana-Early Years Red Velvet cigars that were going for $7.00!!. :0 :0 :0 I couldn't believe the bids were so low. I quickly bidded my arse off and barely got in under the time limit. Now this is awesome because I did some checking a 5-pack should go for roughly $13.00 if you do the math. I got 'em for $7.00. I saved myself $6.00 on a good fiver. I'm just tickled pink and the wife is seeing red. :blush: Oh well, she'll get over it. :D

What awesome deals have you received from CBid? :D

What does your significant other think of your CBid addiction? :whistling: :rolleyes:

What are some outrageous bids that you've seen on CBid? :laugh: :laugh:

Just scored 3 EDS robustos for $33. Not a steal, but not bad.

I scored a 10-pack of Indian Tabac Boxer Maduros for $12 over the weekend. A fiver goes for $15 on CI. And just to save on shipping, I added a fiver of Don Juan Platinum Series Torp Maduros for $8. These go for $15 on CI.

I've never tried either of these but the price was too good to pass up.

BTW - the wife doesn't know yet. :whistling:

I found this site and CBid at about the same time, so the more time I spend here the more educated I become and realize what is a good deal and what is not... I wouldn't say I have gotten great deals but saving $5 here and there adds up (to buy more cigars :) )

The wife doesn't care too much, I don't think. No smoking in the house and find a place for the Igloodor. She buys shoes and I buy cigars.

I'm watching this one to see how much it goes for.... I can't believe it's only for a 5'er

Arturo Fuente Añejo Reserva #77 Shark (5-Pack)

I was just on and saw a box of Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro go for $310. I looked on 2Guyssmokeshop and found them for $255. What's up with these people? I've seen this on e-bay alot too. I've heard many people say that they would never pay retail. I guess for some people that means they will only pay more than retail.

HEY Wake up and smell the tobacco you loons CBid is evil, very addictive take it from a member of CBA (CBid Anonymus sp) I have had a relapse on many occassions so beware. You have been warned.

Oh by the way just picked up some Ovations Maddies for $11 bucks can you believe it.

Oh I need to hit a meeting.......................................................... ;)

Swifty said:
I was just on and saw a box of Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro go for $310. I looked on 2Guyssmokeshop and found them for $255. What's up with these people? I've seen this on e-bay alot too. I've heard many people say that they would never pay retail. I guess for some people that means they will only pay more than retail.
[snapback]164436[/snapback]​

:laugh: LOL :laugh: I saw that one too, was going to post it, but couldn't find it for some darned reason. I'd say that CBid could care less about the steals, because for every one of those, you have ten yahoos as you mentioned, overbidding on 'gars. Nothing like getting competitive personalities to help make you rich. :whistling:

benjiev
-I'd say your deal was the mother of all deals, holy cow!. :0 I know what you mean about CBid therapy. The wife always gets nervous when I'm on it for more than five minutes.

CAO sampler for $19

- (4) CAO L’Anniversaire eXtreme Belicoso (6”x54)
- (1) CAO L’Anniversaire eXtreme Churchill (6.8”x48)
- (4) CAO Black Bengal (6”x50)
- (1) CAO Black Gothic (6”x52)

Perdomo Reserve La Tradicion
Redbox Maduro 'P' (5-Pack) $9

Only won a handful of items, I bid low.

Last week I got a box of Indian Tabac Cameroon Legend Grand Robustos for $31, arrived yesterday (I do the consolidated shipping).

The cigar is not worth the $5.50 - $6 it runs in retail stores; but for under $1.50 a stick including shipping they are hard to beat.

-Matt-

I just got (2) 5 packs of Pimp Sticks for $19 each. So $38 for 10 sticks = $3.80 each + shipping. And when box prices are $117/20 = $5.85/ea, I thought I got a deal. Shipping is a necessary evil when using the internet, but it definitely beats sales tax AND the 47% tobacco tax here in California.

I've not found these sticks at the smoke shop I infrequent, but other sticks are generally 75% - 200% more individually (i.e. LGC-SR5 @ CI = $4.75 per stick box price and at my local gouger they are $10.50.

Now, I know the store is not fully to blame, but whatever I smoke I have to fully pay for. So, the 'net and CBid are the ticket for us out here in the PRC (The People's Republik of California).

I've also gotten Perdomo Overruns for $19, and El Credito Apprentice Bundles for
$18.

I figure if I can get it on CBid for CI box prices including shipping, I'm doing pretty good. So I always set my max bid here and if I win Bonus, if I don't, they weren't a deal anyway and whomever paid more paid too much. OK by me. Everybody's got to make money to stay in business. I just make sure I'm not the one making them fat.

M. Gipson

No, No, No...

I got ya beat.

Takoma Corona's $1 for 5.

From C-Bid
Several years ago, there was a little buzz about Takoma, centering around speculation that it was made with Cuban tobaccos.
:sign:

I think these were the crappiest cigars I ever tried to smoke. :whistling:

I used to pick up more deals than I do now.
Set my max bid to 75% of what I could get them online. If they go for more than that, there will be another auction of the same thing starting shortly. ;)

Setting my shipping option to weekly saved a bunch of $$$.

I used to pick up more deals than I do now.
Set my max bid to 75% of what I could get them online. If they go for more than that, there will be another auction of the same thing starting shortly. ;)

Setting my shipping option to weekly saved a bunch of $$$.
[snapback]164532[/snapback]​

As a fellow educator on a budget, I can see why you chose to do that. Very wise move on your part. I have a Takoma or two in the humi, just haven't been feeling in a weird mood to smoke one. You know, a mood in which you get the urge to get a piercing, a tattoo, go bungee-diving, stuff like that :p I still like to dabble in the super cheapie cigars once in awhile on CBid, I got some Evelios a month or so ago, great breakfast cigars, but not worth all that much.

My worst purchase?-Colita mini-cherry tins. I was new and just got carried away bidding. Now I fling the damn things in anyone's direction who'll take 'em.

I got some La Aurora Preferidos for what I felt was a really good price, I forget the specifics but it was several dollars below retail.

benjiev said:
HEY Wake up and smell the tobacco you loons CBid is evil, very addictive take it from a member of CBA (CBid Anonymus sp) I have had a relapse on many occassions so beware. You have been warned.

Oh by the way just picked up some Ovations Maddies for $11 bucks can you believe it.

Oh I need to hit a meeting.......................................................... ;)
[snapback]164437[/snapback]​

"God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can........"

Pick the one you like, Ben. :D

It appears my favorite cigars are not the favorites of everyone on cbid. I keep getting them for way below retail, for some reason... I don't want to tell anyone what they are, or they won't be such a great deal anymore... :p (I do share in trades and passes, though)

One of my best deals to date (I think) was the Gurkha & K. Hansotia Crown Jewel Package - Chest of 30 I picked up for $169.95. All of the cigars in there were very nice (all immenso size - the size I really like when I relax). I have not seen it anywhere at a price even close... supposed list price was $450.00, but I've seen it elsewhere in the $200-250 range - still $30 to 80 less than the cheapest.

You're right, though, the frying pan has come out on several occasions when the mailman has delivered the credit card bill.... :whistling:

Well, this thread finally got me to break down and join CBid. I won the first lot I bid on and I think I got a pretty good deal. A 10-cigar sampler of Perdomo2 Torfecto Maduros. Fivers of these were going for $29 on CI, and I scored these 10 for $17. :D

Eric

Eric do we have to hit you upside the head can't you read son. CBid is dangerous! oh sure you say no problem I can handle it. but soon you'll be bidding daily with multiple lots etc. etc. I am telling you get out now while you can..............ROTFLMAO ;)

BenjieV :D