• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass Reading Club

CBoukal

Impeached Staff Member
There has been a "What are you reading" thread for about 6 years (Link: https://www.cigarpass.com/community/threads/cigarpass-book-thread.75365/) and a few mentioned it might be fun to try and get a few people on the same book and chat about it. Since I always associate book clubs with ladies sitting around drinking wine and bitching about.. well everything, lets call it a reading club. We could do it on zoom or we could talk about it in this thread. Nothing formal, getting a few guys on the same book to discuss just sounded fun.

I have a few idea's I was able to drum up and of course am open to any other suggestions on one to start with.

Post here if you are interested and what other books you want to add to the pile (Links to good reads for a good description)

Suggestions:
Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup

A Gentleman in Moscow

Our Man in Havana

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

The Glass Canoe

The Martian

The Cigar Maker

I thought it was to discuss what we thought were the best, as opposed to discussing a book in depth?

Either way, I like it!

Edited for stupidity

Last edited:
I’m interested. Chat about it over a cigar couple times a month or once a month. I’m all for self help/ knowledge kinda books myself. How to sell, how to be a better father/ how to improve (fill in the blank)

I’m interested. Chat about it over a cigar couple times a month or once a month. I’m all for self help/ knowledge kinda books myself. How to sell, how to be a better father/ how to improve (fill in the blank)
Well, in that case, I can think of a pretty good book that we can probably all benefit from... ;)

(It's even free on Kindle Unlimited)

I am shamefully ignorant on American war history. If anyone can recommend a book that presents the history of wars America has participated in I would love to read it.

Well, I’ve been read quite a bit lately. Here’s what I’ve read:

Dune series through The Children of Dune (2nd time through)
The Scythe series.
To Kill a Mockingbird
Patriots (2nd time through)
Currently reading Brave New World

Well, I’ve been read quite a bit lately. Here’s what I’ve read:

Dune series through The Children of Dune (2nd time through)
The Scythe series.
To Kill a Mockingbird
Patriots (2nd time through)
Currently reading Brave New World
How are the Scythe books?!

Nick, sound like a good book. got to find a back door so I can read it.

I smoke a cigar while reading a book almost every day but only fiction, living nonfiction is more than enough for me. I love kindle unlimited, if it doesn’t hit the spot within a couple hours it goes back and I try something else. I’ve found a lot of new authors I probably would not have tried, such as AC Cobble and Mark Greaney to name a few. Pick something with some sex and drugs and rock n roll or some
thing with some organized mayhem and I’ll participate.