• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass Reading Club

How do y’all feel about having a mid-book check in to talk about predictions and any insights and/or takeaways?

How do y’all feel about having a mid-book check in to talk about predictions and any insights and/or takeaways?
I'm not against it. But this might not be the book with only 200 pages.

I'll have you two assholes know that I had to actively make myself open up the computer tonight to catch up on all the sites I frequent, rather than continue reading another book I've started. Also, I read outside today for the first time in about two years whilst getting some sun and letting the Little Big Boy get some time out of his kennel (he's still healing from neutering last week). I really, really miss smoking cigars. :(

That’s some discipline right there. Also, did I miss something? Why haven’t you been smoking cigars?

I'll have you two assholes know that I had to actively make myself open up the computer tonight to catch up on all the sites I frequent, rather than continue reading another book I've started. I really, really miss smoking cigars. :(
I am so glad you are enjoying reading and sitting outside again! I promise I will push to get the book done ASAP!

Also, I read outside today for the first time in about two years whilst getting some sun and letting the Little Big Boy get some time out of his kennel
I assume your neighbors would appreciate you putting pants on and keeping your "little big boy" out of view.

I am very sorry about the Cigar part, I've read cigar smoking is healthy but my medical degree hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

That’s some discipline right there. Also, did I miss something? Why haven’t you been smoking cigars?

I had some medical issues pop up a while ago for which the doctor (not Dr. Chad) banned me from doing anything fun anymore.

I assume your neighbors would appreciate you putting pants on and keeping your "little big boy" out of view.

Semi-funny you mention that, but I lay out on the lounger in nothing but my Under Armor undies and sunglasses. I can't be having a farmer's tan on my one good leg!

Sycamore Row by John Grisham. A legal thriller set in the mid 30-40's and a great read. It's thick in paperback and as you would expect difficult to read in you are note already wearing cheaters, but good, oh yeah.

Yikes! Is that a temporary thing?
Unfortunately, no. So it goes...

I just finished "The Breakwater" tonight. It is a book written by a good friend of mine of the Baby Boomer generation; he had been working on it for about as long as I've known him (13 years, or so), and finally self-published to Amazon almost exactly a year ago. It's... tough going, to be honest. He's a guitar player and student of music/rock n roll history. The esoteric details about such are just too many and too often that it can sometimes come of as self-fellating. The story is good, but it's a book written by a studio musician, for studio musicians.

I finished The Wife You Know by Chad Zunker and am ready to talk about it! :)
Uhhhhh... I apparently read the wrong book. I saw a new one on my kindle and just thought that was the one we were reading (All He Has Left). I just downloaded the right one and should be able to get through it in two or three days if I start tonight. Sorry.

Uhhhhh... I apparently read the wrong book. I saw a new one on my kindle and just thought that was the one we were reading (All He Has Left). I just downloaded the right one and should be able to get through it in two or three days if I start tonight. Sorry.
yeah... I have let things take priority. I will get after it as well!