• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars and Beer

You make perfect sense, and as far as Octoberfest beer is there one in particular that you like to pair it with?

Personally, I believe one of the best Oktoberfest beers out there right now is Sam Adams Oktoberfest. Check it out and let us know what you think. I find it pairs well with almost every cigar.

Have you tried the Paulaner Oktoberfest this year? I had the Sam Adams and Paulaner last night and the german one seemed to have more flavor. Of course, it is a personal preference but just wanted to throw it out there.

Never heard of it actually.

Sam Adams is the best American beer out there in my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of domestics, but I can't pass him up. If any of you live in a state that has Rock Bottom (restaurant and microbrewery) I recommend trying their Oktoberfest blend. I know it varies from each restaurant, but typically its pretty good.

I just recently found a store down the road that had a buttload of Stones' Smoked Porter, I can't wait to pair that one.............Any suggestions Jonas or Justin?????

Haven't cracked open any of my bottles of that yet, so sorry, I can't help.

Sam Adams is the best American beer out there in my opinion.

And IMO Yuengling > Sam Adams. :) But I like both.

I've had Rock Bottom at King of Prussia Mall in PA, that is some excellent beer! :thumbs:

I've had Rock Bottom at King of Prussia Mall in PA, that is some excellent beer! :thumbs:

I'm checking their website out now. I'll have to find some local distributors.

Edited to say: they're only east coast, never mind, haha

Just post a ISO Yuengling here in the beer forum, I'm sure one of the east coast brothers will help you out :)

Just post a ISO Yuengling here in the beer forum, I'm sure one of the east coast brothers will help you out :)

I think I can get it here. I'm going to the beer store anyways, so I'll look for ya.

Sorry, must have been somewhere else. None here.
I think I can get it here. I'm going to the beer store anyways, so I'll look for ya.

edit to fix quotes

You make perfect sense, and as far as Octoberfest beer is there one in particular that you like to pair it with?
Initially it was Sprecher O'fest that wowed me. It was one of those times when everything seemed perfect as I was sitting at a beach in Door County, Wis watching the sunset, enjoying an O'fest and a Padron, truelly enjoyable!!

I try to avoid really hoppy beers with cigars, as they tend to overpower the cigar.
Yeah, I know what you mean, I have yet been able to pair an IPA or Double IPA with a cigar and enjoy it!!
Try Stone Ruination from San Diego
Once you try these you will be ruined
I drink these with Padron Anniv. all the time!

I love Ruination, just not with cigars. To each his own.

BTW-Post and introduction and let us get to know you a little.

Initially it was Sprecher O'fest that wowed me. It was one of those times when everything seemed perfect as I was sitting at a beach in Door County, Wis watching the sunset, enjoying an O'fest and a Padron, truelly enjoyable!!

I try to avoid really hoppy beers with cigars, as they tend to overpower the cigar.
Yeah, I know what you mean, I have yet been able to pair an IPA or Double IPA with a cigar and enjoy it!!
Oh, I have tried Ruination and love it, however, being from Illinois, I can't get Stone products very easily as they don't distribue to Illinois. Something about our antiquated distribution laws makes many breweries skip right by us! :angry: So I just don't get enough oppurtunity to find a good match for that great beer!!

Thanks for the suggestion Denverdog. I am out on the porch right now in southern California with my laptop, smoking an AF 858 maduro with the Green Flash Barleywine. Beautiful weather, a nice, cool 60 degrees with a slight breeze.

The flavors of the maduro wrapper is accented by the sweet barleywine. I'm no expert on beer but this is my first barleywine and it taste somewhat similar to a strong belgian ale. It reminds me of Orval.

Had a San Cristobal Classico with a Stone 11th Anniversary. Was a good pairing I thought. The 11th Anni was a tasty brew for sure!

Had a San Cristobal Classico with a Stone 11th Anniversary. Was a good pairing I thought. The 11th Anni was a tasty brew for sure!

Thats good to hear. I just bought a few bottles of the 11th...I'm thinking of cracking one open and aging the others since the reviews seem to be mixed.

Cracked open a Unibroue Ephemere yesterday while smoking C. Torano 1916. It did not work. The beer was just too sour.
It killed the taste. I don't think any cigar can go with this beer.

Thats good to hear. I just bought a few bottles of the 11th...I'm thinking of cracking one open and aging the others since the reviews seem to be mixed.

Cracked open a Unibroue Ephemere yesterday while smoking C. Torano 1916. It did not work. The beer was just too sour.
It killed the taste. I don't think any cigar can go with this beer.

That doesn't sound like a good combo. Which Ephemere was it? I did not like the Apple one, but I really dug the Black Currant one.

If you have never given White Rascal (brewed by Avery) a try then you need to!! It is ten times better than Sam Adams Octoberfest. White Rascal is a Belgian Style Wheat Ale! ;)

I'm with jonas on this on, I don't smoke with beer very often because it's hard for me to pick out flavors and really analyze each seperate thing.

If I am not really focusing on the beer though, I really like drinking a german skunky beer like Spaten or Warsteiner with a med. bodied stick.

I'm with jonas on this on, I don't smoke with beer very often because it's hard for me to pick out flavors and really analyze each seperate thing.

If I am not really focusing on the beer though, I really like drinking a german skunky beer like Spaten or Warsteiner with a med. bodied stick.

I won't drink a beer that I really want to taste with a cigar or after smoking one. I'm a beer geek, but my favorite drink with a cigar is red wine (port works too!). If I drink a beer with a cigar, it's something malty, not hoppy.

A wonderful pairing of cigars and beer is Young's Chocolate Stout and a Padron Anne 1964 or Serie 1926.
They go VERY well together. :love: