• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigSid’s great Kreskin imitation...

No 3

This was yesterday morning, before I found out about no 2

Initial aroma: Dry hay from the foot, nothing else.

03CE2679-2473-4D18-95C7-65E6DA13F108.jpeg

Start 8:45 am

Looks to be minuto size, nice triple cap. Looks to have a nice box press.

Dry draw, very slight dry hay, earth (dirt?)

Into the first 3rd, not much here... dried grass, hay, dirt... Not the best flavors... but (hopefully) it can still get better.

0A9753AC-4CDF-4CFA-B118-369CB5D79C0A.jpeg

Almost half way, and I am getting a little bitterness with my dirt... my first thoughts are... if this is a Cuban cigar, then the tobacco blender was having a really bad day...

A little over halfway, there is a bit of leather, and bitterness... I’m getting the aftertaste of copper, like having a few dirty pennies in my mouth...

993483EB-1325-4733-9953-BB8DCDF17011.jpeg

I take a big swig of milk tea... ahhh better.

Into the final third, the pennies are still there, along with a distinct taste of Malik Acid (maybe I willed it?) I’m thinking, there is no way this is a Cuban cigar....

Then, my mind starts to play with me... I’ve tasted this before on a Partagas short, that turned out to be a bad box (it happens, but not very often)... but as soon as I think this, I take another puff... and I taste the bitterness associated with non Cuban cigars.

Then I think, oh shit, what if this one is Cuban, and no 2 was not?? Well, the worst that happens is I get some of the no 2’s for my collection...

Well into the final third, it changes again... For the first time, I’m actually kind of enjoying this cigar, thinking the bitterness could be stewed fruit... then I get a brief taste of scallops...

090EB4A6-4A04-432F-9072-99DA24FA7959.jpeg

My wife starts hinting that I should be done by now... and I agree (there’s a first for everything)

• I encountered no sweetness at all with this cigar
  • Still taste the “savory” bitterness on my tongue
  • I believe I would have chunked this cigar right after I lighted up
  • My guess, Partagas Short (Cuban cigars are hand made, and far from perfect... if I get 22 good cigars from a box of 25, I am very happy)
  • Score 70

Even wrong or right, your wrong from #2 was soo good it’s still a win in my book. If I knew the cigar my tasting notes wouldn’t even be close.

Another nice review Bill. I love that you talk yourself into that fact he is going to try and trick you into liking NC's. Its got to be really hard to review this many blind cigars.

It's jacking him up and I kind of like it, LOL. It's funny how the mind works.

The good thing for Bill is that if he gets something wrong, he can always blame it on the cigars being tainted by being within close proximity at some point to NC's. Talcum spreads