• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigSid’s great Kreskin imitation...

No 4

Minuto sized, slight box press

47F5B384-F25D-42F5-BB57-D4E6665CD7E9.jpeg

Initial aroma...distinctly non Cuban even more than no 2, which I came very close to declaring NC...

Dry draw, cardboard and tobacco

Let’s fire it up...

1st third:

This is a bad tasting cigar... is it me, or the cigar?

I light up a PLPC to compare..The PLPC is sweet Cuban tobacco... then I go back to no 4... dog shit, blended with cardboard... (sorry Dan, 1 out of 3 is not bad… especially in baseball)

At the halfway point, it definitely changes for the better, thank God... start getting some leather, similar dirt to no 3, cardboard on the retro... If Dan was to throw a non Cuban into the bunch... this might be it...

927628F2-9137-46F8-8496-D6CB19D604EF.jpeg

Into the final 3rd, and this cigar has changed again... no more cardboard, I get a pleasant floral taste... savory butter in my mouth, but it’s too late, the other flavors are still layered upon my tongue, preventing me from enjoying the nub...

29F10DEF-A552-4549-B1BD-EDB3F6AEE6B2.jpeg

• This cigar took 50 minutes to smoke.
  • Worse cigar of the bunch that redeem itself in the end.
  • I was going to say this was non-Cuban, but the end of the cigar was (imo) Cuban tobacco...
  • My guess San Cristobal.
  • Score 70

No 5

Beautiful cigar, looks to be Robusto size

A7048986-C7E0-4FE5-9555-817A2F5C4470.jpeg

Initial aroma, foot:dry hay, green tea

Dry draw: bit of sweet hay, tiny bit of leather

1st light: nice leather, with a bit of spice (can’t place it yet)

1st third, leather, black pepper (that’s what it was) just a bit of tingle on the tongue, I attribute to youth.

05C9EB91-91A6-4BB7-B68A-6A460EE560ED.jpeg

I am drinking some Perrier with just a squeeze of fresh lime

Burn is a bit wonky, with several touch ups already, but not running up the side bad...

Middle of the 1st third, had a flash of sweetness, almost like cotton candy, but it was gone after 1 puff... could be my imagination, but either way, it was there... still getting the leather, and just a bit of pepper on the retro.

Into the 2nd third now, just a bit of the leather is left, and now I’m getting some semi sweet chocolate, barely perceptible, but there...

23A28D36-18B0-468C-B5A8-1AD2CFB25753.jpeg

Almost halfway, and the burn is still wonky, but I am keeping it from getting out of hand. The leather is back, along with a new spice I can’t place. Maybe graham cracker, or nutmeg...

Into the final third, and I am getting more of the nutmeg, and I really like it... A bit of leather on the back end, with just a bit of white pepper on the nose.

Starting to get some youthful tingles and just a bit of floral taste, with really throws me, I was beginning to think this was a Partagas no 4...

The nutmeg is gone, and im getting a bit of creamy leather that coats the tongue.

I cut and purge to get a bit more of the flavors to pop...

A blast of leather (fine Corinthian type) and a creamy something I can’t place... but it’s nice.

Into the final inch and a half, and I get my trusty nub tool out.

6AAAC135-E457-4816-AD99-A0D45D6C6F1D.jpeg

The floral (fruity) flavor is back, which messes up my thinking again... The smoothness, along with some youth reminds me of a Cohiba.... but the floral fruity ness reminds me of a Juan Lopez or RASS... just not enough of the “stewed fruit” to be sure, and not enough grass to say it’s a Cohiba...

This is a tough one to decipher... I can presumably eliminate RASS, CoRo and JL, which leaves the PSD4 and the Hoyo Epi 2 as the likely candidates...

My guess PSD4 (with the Epi 2 as my backup 😂)

• Smoking time 58 minutes
  • Still have a creamy leathery taste in my mouth
  • I enjoyed this cigar from beginning to end
  • Score 93

Thank you Dan @CgarDan for taking the time and effort to send these to me, and thanks to everyone who was following along...

As I am not accustomed to fresh Cubans, this was much more difficult that I thought it would be, but... I did my best 😊

Thank you Dan @CgarDan for taking the time and effort to send these to me, and thanks to everyone who was following along...

As I am not accustomed to fresh Cubans, this was much more difficult that I thought it would be, but... I did my best 😊
I appreciated reading these, its kind of fun that Dan didn't send the answer sheet with them. I am always amazed at the flavors people pull from cigars. I assume this was both stressful and fun! Thanks for playing along.

Bill you are a real sport for sticking with this little endeavor. I know we all had fun ... some of us more than others it seems. Next time I promise to send more NCs to expand your profile 🙄

CEB52B95-843E-4362-847F-7BFC5A971A4E.jpeg

Bill you are a real sport for sticking with this little endeavor. I know we all had fun ... some of us more than others it seems. Next time I promise to send more NCs to expand your profile 🙄

View attachment 36367
Thanks brother, sounds good. I will also try the nc you gave me and do a review on it...

OK, if we count 1 and 5 as winners, that's a .400 batting average and would be hall of fame material 😂

Thanks for doing this! It was a great read, great photos and rather entertaining.