• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Clown's 1st CP box pass

the upside of the delay is I put a hygrometer overnight in the ziplok to see where the humidity was at. upper 50s. I'll add some water to the humidification device before sending the pass on its way.

Damn, I knew I forgot something...I was going to moisten the tube before I packed it... sorry gang. :lookup: :(

OK guy my proposed Puts and Take is very simple.

Take 1 Ramon Allones Gigantes ISOM

Put
1 A. Fuente Hemingway Untold Story Maduro
1 Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Robusto Grande.

Pending approval I will hand this off to oak tomorrow.

Lumberg said:
OK guy my proposed Puts and Take is very simple.

Take 1 Ramon Allones Gigantes ISOM

Put
1 A. Fuente Hemingway Untold Story Maduro
1 Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Robusto Grande.

Pending approval I will hand this off to oak tomorrow.
You guys trying to make me wet my pants?! ;)

Everyone OK with Lumberg's puts and takes (Clown?) They look good to me... (the Untold Story outweighs the RAG and is OK with the posted rules)...

What's the word?

- Oak

Looks good to me.

Hey guys use your best judgement with puts & takes, I'll trust you. I don't want to have to approve everybody's p&t. That's way to much work, and sets me up as an expert on all the cigars out there. Trust me, I'm not.

If you're not sure do a little homework and feel free to ask, but don't feel you need to wait on my approval.

Big100... you're listed in the pass order from the beginning... I'm getting the pass tomorrow I believe, and I thought you were next...? See quote below:

clown said:
OK cc taking your suggestions here's the order:
WrenchASE (Wis)
gr8smokes (PA)
Fast4Dr. (NY)
CC86 (CT)
PhatAsh (MD)
Lumberg (MD)
Oak (DC)
Big100HD (VA)
dannyob (TN)
maduro357 (GA)
piratelooks (AR)
Toaster (TX)
Shuji (TX)
emodx (FL)
home to clown (IL)

Nobody from out wwst wanted to play this time I guesss.

Looks like we have quite a mix of old and new guys, so if any has any questions feel free to speak up. I'll probably drop a set of instructions into the box along with labels and stuff.

This should go out tomorrow hopefully in the AM.

I did my homework, I know value-wise that's a good trade but I was worried about the whole ISOM thing. I went back and read the thread and saw 2-for-1 is OK but wanted clarification on non-ISOM (however rare) for ISOM.

Alright I will plan on meeting with oak soon.

We might have to have a 3-way herf/hand-off (I still need to give a box split and lottery winnings to BigHD)

Actually blair might be interested too...I need to give him his excaliburs.

This could get interesting.

you all's feelings?

JC

Ok John, let's set up a time and place....I'm ready to empty you humi, I know I have a bunch of sticks in there. besides, u just won something I owe u sticks for also.

oak said:
Big100... you're listed in the pass order from the beginning... I'm getting the pass tomorrow I believe, and I thought you were next...? See quote below:

clown said:
OK cc taking your suggestions here's the order:
WrenchASE (Wis)
gr8smokes (PA)
Fast4Dr. (NY)
CC86 (CT)
PhatAsh (MD)
Lumberg (MD)
Oak (DC)
Big100HD (VA)
dannyob (TN)
maduro357 (GA)
piratelooks (AR)
Toaster (TX)
Shuji (TX)
emodx (FL)
home to clown (IL)

Nobody from out wwst wanted to play this time I guesss.

Looks like we have quite a mix of old and new guys, so if any has any questions feel free to speak up.  I'll probably drop a set of instructions into the box along with labels and stuff.

This should go out tomorrow hopefully in the AM.
thanks for the updated list oak, wasn't sure where I stood. Let's do a hand off so there can be a face with the name....live to close to be strangers.

frank

Big100HD said:
Ok John, let's set up a time and place....I'm ready to empty you humi, I know I have a bunch of sticks in there. besides, u just won something I owe u sticks for also.
huh? what'd I win?

Anyways how about Sunday early afternoon?

Lumberg said:
Big100HD said:
huh? what'd I win?

Anyways how about Sunday early afternoon?
I can do Sunday early afternoon. What's a good spot to meet - I'm in NW DC (dupont circle), Lumberg is in Rockville, right? How far south of DC are you, Big100?

I'll be online a bit later tonight... if you guys see this and happen to be available - come by the CP Chat at around 9pm tonight, we'll work out the details in real-time.

If not, someone just pick a place that's as in-between as we can manage, and let's just go with it.

- Oak

BigHd is WEST of town in Leesburg. I'm thinking Shelly's would be the easiest. It's easy to find and a good, cigar-friendly bar. Failing that somewhere in Tyson's corner.

I'm going to go ahead and set the time. 1 pm Sunday. Now all we have to do is figure out the place.

Lumberg said:
BigHd is WEST of town in Leesburg. I'm thinking Shelly's would be the easiest. It's easy to find and a good, cigar-friendly bar. Failing that somewhere in Tyson's corner.

I'm going to go ahead and set the time. 1 pm Sunday. Now all we have to do is figure out the place.
Just missed you (by around 30 seconds) in chat. Shelly's is fine with me - as is anywhere in the tyson's area - though I don't know any place out there...

- Oak

I just left a message on Frank's cel phone. Hopefully he can make it to Shelley's or recommend an alternative. :)

Ok Sunday at 1 pm, try to be there as early as I can....Have a morning commitment first. Not sure where it's at but I'll find it.

WOOHOO< almost here. oh boy oh boy oh boy !!!!!!! sorry pardon the outburst of newbie enthusiasm (first pass and all) :D

Big100HD: Here's Shelly's Web site:

Shelly's Web Site

Here's where they're at (text nicked from their site):

"Shelly's Back Room is located at 1331 F Street, NW
For those of you not familiar with Washington, that's F Street, between 13th and 14th, right in the middle of the block. We are two blocks from the White House, and one block from the National Theater and Ford's Theater. The MCI Center is a 5-minute ride away.

We are half a block from the Metro Center Station, directly across fromt the National Press Building's 13th Street entrance."

Parking garages are everywhere in the neighborhood.

Their phone number is: (202) 737-3003. Just give them a call if you have any trouble - they'll help you out. Don't worry about being late - they've got beer. We'll be there... :D

Cheers,

- Oak