Cohiba : fake or real?

Zeebra

Daddy still loves Padrón!
So from the Siglo VI's I just got from my friend who traveled to Cuba I see there are 2 different bands on them. 9 of the cigars have the Cohiba band with 3 rows of dots above Cohiba, while 7 of the cigars have bands with 4 rows of dots. Also, the "Habana, Cuba" font is bolder and higher up on the 3 row of dot bands then the 4 row of dot bands.

Here are the pics of the 2 types of bands...can you tell if the 4 row of dots are fakes? I suspect they are :(

Edited for picture size.

Mindflux

I can't tell by the pic, but from what I'm seeing on the 4 row dot band is there's no triple cap. I can see the triple cap on the 3 row dot band.

I am by no means a professional fake spotter, just giving my 2c.

Zeebra

Mindflux said:
I can't tell by the pic, but from what I'm seeing on the 4 row dot band is there's no triple cap. I can see the triple cap on the 3 row dot band.

[snapback]268335[/snapback]​

I think you're right, the triple-cap plus the 4 rows of dots are the fakes. So I have 8 real and 7 fake. *sigh*

Mindflux

Zeebra said:
Mindflux said:

[snapback]268335[/snapback]​

I think you're right, the triple-cap plus the 4 rows of dots are the fakes. So I have 9 real and 7 fake. *sigh*
[snapback]268341[/snapback]​
Hey man, atleast you walked away with some good sticks! You're doing better than I am!!

Wait for the real pros to chime in. Maybe I'm wrong

Gaman

The one with 4 row dot is definately fake. The one with 3 row dot could be fake too, 50/50. If there is a white line between the dots and word "COHIBA" as shown in both pictures, I think the 3 row dot one also fake. IMHO.

Zeebra

Gaman said:
The one with 4 row dot is definately fake. The one with 3 row dot could be fake too, 50/50. If there is a white line between the dots and word "COHIBA" as shown in both pictures, I think the 3 row dot one also fake. IMHO.
[snapback]268344[/snapback]​

Sure, push the knife in even deeper. :(

7 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
7 Members: barney_rebel, Zeebra, Shiba, Gaman, Mindflux, tone-ny, hooiserguy

Shiba

CP's Official Mortgage Broker
The one on the right is bogus... here are my opinions why...

 The Habana, Cuba should also be centered vertically as well... not on the bottom like that one is.
 The new bands only have 3 rows of dots at the top, not 4.
 The one on the right does not appear to be embossed (At least from what I can see in the picture)

Zeebra

Shiba said:
The one on the right is bogus... here are my opinions why...

 The Habana, Cuba should also be centered vertically as well... not on the bottom like that one is.
 The new bands only have 3 rows of dots at the top, not 4.
 The one on the right does not appear to be embossed (At least from what I can see in the picture)
[snapback]268351[/snapback]​

I've learned a valueable lesson today...I should only buy cuban cigars if I'm actually in Cuba. Getting a friend to do it isn't reliable.

Zeebra said:
I've learned a valueable lesson today...I should only buy cuban cigars if I'm actually in Cuba. Getting a friend to do it isn't reliable.
[snapback]268352[/snapback]​
Right on - I don't need to bring back any for ya then!

Zeebra

Shiba said:
Zeebra - Is that a bettle hole I see?

LOL, Just meesing with you buddy!!! :)
[snapback]268355[/snapback]​
At this point, a beetle woudln't worry me. :(

Zeebra

barney_rebel said:
Zeebra said:
[snapback]268352[/snapback]​
Right on - I don't need to bring back any for ya then!
[snapback]268354[/snapback]​

Damn you. I will inflict some pain on you when I see you. Maybe I'll force you to smoke one of the fakes.

Gaman

Hi Zeebra, how much you paid for the Cohiba (25's)? It should be somewhere around US$500.00 per box.

Zeebra

Gaman said:
Hi Zeebra, how much you paid for the Cohiba (25's)? It should be somewhere around US$500.00 per box.
[snapback]268362[/snapback]​

They were bought in Cuba from the cigar store on the resort at Breezes Jibacoa. I wasn't there to buy them. My friend purchashed 15 cigars for me, they were taken from an open box of 25. It came out to about $17 U.S. per cigar.

Ginseng

Banned
Hey Zee,

I hope I'm not in hot water with you. I'm afraid I have to agree with Gaman, neither band looks correct. Here's what mine look like.

Wilkey

Zeebra

Ginseng said:
Hey Zee,

I hope I'm not in hot water with you. I'm afraid I have to agree with Gaman, neither band looks correct. Here's what mine look like.

Wilkey
[snapback]268375[/snapback]​

Why would you be in hot water with me? For opening my eyes. I threw them in the humi without inspecting them, and you caught they were fakes from a pic. I feel so cheated.