• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohibas

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
So I've always been intreged by Cohiba Robustos. However, there is much more in the Cohiba brand then the Robustos. What are your thoughts on the Cohiba line? Would you go Robustos or one of the Sigilo sizes? I'm a robusto fan so I'm most interested in your take on the similar sizes.

In my opinion, the thinner the ring gauge, the better. More intensity.

Based off of the Cohibas that I've had, I have to agree with MadMonk on this :)

I'm far from an expert, but I bought a box of Robusto and two of Sig II and I like the Sig II better. Thanks to Bill, I will soon expand my limited knowledge a little. ;) But having also tried Sig I, Sig v, and lancero, I can say they are all very flavorful, on the milder side, and the thinner ones I have tried have more flavor intensity. Having said, I do prefer the stronger CCs. Also, aging more important with Robustos.

Last edited:
Siglo III siglo IV CorO, in my opinion are the tops. Especially with age. BHK 52 and Piramides are great special smokes.

Siglo III siglo IV CorO, in my opinion are the tops. Especially with age. BHK 52 and Piramides are great special smokes.
I haven't tried the III. Was considering looking for a fiver. How do they compare to the IV?

I think they are sweeter, younger, more of the "grassiness", less potent. I'd attempt to find aged or a vender who you can trust who would select top product. I think when aged, they're equally as good, as I love the corona and corona gorda formats.

I think they are sweeter, younger, more of the "grassiness", less potent. I'd attempt to find aged or a vender who you can trust who would select top product. I think when aged, they're equally as good, as I love the corona and corona gorda formats.
Don't worry, he knows all the best vendors ;)

Grateful introduced me to the CCE and I'm hooked. Would enjoy seeing what a several years would do to that vitola. CORO is good but the IV is great.

Obviously the BHK's are in a totally different class.

Sheesh, looks like i need to look for a Cohiba sampler. Well, I guess I better start saving my money.

I think that two of the best in the Cohiba line are the Lanceros and Esplendidos. For the most part part the CoLa's are usually on but an Esplendido that is on just can't be beat.

As for the Sig line, I've always enjoyed the Sig IV & VI tubos with at least 5 years on them.

I think that two of the best in the Cohiba line are the Lanceros and Esplendidos. For the most part part the CoLa's are usually on but an Esplendido that is on just can't be beat.

As for the Sig line, I've always enjoyed the Sig IV & VI tubos with at least 5 years on them.

Yes you really spoiled me with those Esplendidos. Only cigar I've had that I can honestly say was better was a Lusitania with 19 years on it.

I guess I'll be the lone decenter here when it comes to the Cohiba brand.....and I've smoke a lot of them over the years. I've smoked the cream to the aged crop when it came to the Esplendidos and to me they were just OK. I've smoked young & aged CoRos and they did nothing for me...just not in my wheelhouse flavor-wise. I bought a few boxes of their OR maduros (thinking those HAD to be good as I'm a major maduro fan) and those were so bad, I gave them all away! Yet, I like the grassy, hay-like flavors in most cigars. I guess they just hit my palate the wrong way. To me, most of the time, they taste like young PLPCs.

But I will say this, Bill (CigSid) sent me a 2006 EL that I smoked on Super Bowl Sunday that blew me away. It was so good, that the hour or so it took me to smoke it, I hardly spoke or paid much attention to the game....not many cigars stop me dead in my tracks anymore like that one did. It was the "God Shot" of cigars that day.