• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"Collectible Cohiba" box

Holy glass top action! 899.95 and 1 rejected offer. I love the date of July 12,1916 on it.

Too bad the cigars are gone, those 1912 fakes should be hittin' their prime right about now.

Kudos to the seller, if he/she gets some sucker to buy it, more power to them!

Really?

Seems like it's not a good thing for the cigar world in general.
??? ???
I agree. That's like giving kudos to the asshat gougers charging $30/ea for sharks and opus.

There's nothing like rippin' unsuspecting ignorant people off!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :angry: :angry:

Really?

If someone is going to pay $900 for an empty box, they either really want it that bad, or their not part of the "cigar world." In either case, they can see what they're buying, it's their decision. Nothing different than someone paying $3500 for THIS. Is that thing really "worth" $3500...only if someone will pay for it.

Really?

If someone is going to pay $900 for an empty box, they either really want it that bad, or their not part of the "cigar world." In either case, they can see what they're buying, it's their decision. Nothing different than someone paying $3500 for THIS. Is that thing really "worth" $3500...only if someone will pay for it.

Thanks for the insight. :thumbs:

Really?

Thanks for the insight. :thumbs:
Doesn't matter, it looks like the item got two offers, so it may just well already be sold.

One of those offers was from me for $2.01. He turned it down. :laugh:

Doesn't matter, it looks like the item got two offers, so it may just well already be sold.

Actually, it does matter.

You're under the opinion that it's ok to sell a fake product ... - this is a cigar board - ...I really hope fake cigar 'anythings' are frowned upon?

Who's down to spam this guy with bogus offers to see if he actually bites? Sure, two wrongs don't make a right, but it just seems appropriate.

I'm gonna email him an offer of $5 for shipping, a bucket of extra crispy chicken, and a 6 pack of non-alcoholic "beer". I'll throw in rolls if he gets me DC.

We all know about the glasstop Cohiba boxes. Further, the 1912 date drives the offer well into the absurd band. However, its on Fleabay. All we can do is heckle. If you think otherwise, report the offer to the incredibly understanding and fair Fleabay authorities. You might actually get some traction. For myself, I believe Karma will reward him for his crimes.

Holy glass top action! 899.95 and 1 rejected offer. I love the date of July 12,1916 on it.
That's just the date the Cuban tax act mandating the warranty seal was enacted. it's on every seal.

But $899? That's freakin' insane. I guess he was looking for a major league, once in a lifetime sucker.

Or...the unspoken intent was that the unpictured fakes would travel with the box.

Wilkey

That's just the date the Cuban tax act mandating the warranty seal was enacted. it's on every seal.

But $899? That's freakin' insane. I guess he was looking for a major league, once in a lifetime sucker.

Or...the unspoken intent was that the unpictured fakes would travel with the box.

Wilkey
I'm guessing this is the case. ...

But the auction was pulled, who knows why.
We all know about the glasstop Cohiba boxes. Further, the 1912 date drives the offer well into the absurd band. However, its on Fleabay. All we can do is heckle. If you think otherwise, report the offer to the incredibly understanding and fair Fleabay authorities. You might actually get some traction. For myself, I believe Karma will reward him for his crimes.
Yup, selling anything from Cuba while being a US citizen could get you a huge fine .. fake or not.

Member: since Aug-25-07 in United States

You guys kill me!
This is a seller of bric-a-brac on ebay we're talking about here, not some idiot reselling OpusX for inflated prices as "Collectable Bands".

I have been selling all kinds of crap on ebay for about 8 years so believe me when I tell you "I've Seen It All". What we have here is some schmuck who came across this item at an auction house or somewhere and thinks it is some kind of preembargo antique. I really wouldn't get all worked up about how this guys is trying to scam anyone or pull a fast one about some fake item.

You can tell he doesn't know what's up when he lists the date as (July 16,1912).
Believe me... I sell Victrolas and though these really are old items tons of people email me and say "I have a victrola from 1916, what's it worth". The reason being that there is a label on the bottom of most of these machines that states Patent dates, one of them being a 1916 date. So they all think the things are made in 1916 , no matter what model or actual date of manufacture they might be.
This guy obviously just has this item, looked at it trying to describe it with no prior knowledge of what it might actually be and saw this date. I do this all the time, Buy something, not really know what it is (Just that it’s cool and probably worth something) and then I do research on the internet so I can describe the item intelligently. Obviously this guy isn’t intelligent.

So you see, people are stupid, inherently. This is another thing you learn on ebay; most Americans are about as dumb as piece of coal. I don't go yelling at them though!

Anyway, Just my humble opinion on this matter. I'd leave the guy alone; he's obviously just mentally challenged.

Grateful1... Nice to meet you at the Herf the other day!
MrTapes