• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

College Bowl Pickem League?

Thank you NIU for giving my points!! Not that it matters but hey. And for what it's worth Mobile, my home town, did good getting butts in those seats! If I had been able to be home I woulda been there...that game was pretty good! wooooo 1/2 a sleep left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If LSU wins, Modo takes first and StatHaldol takes second. If Alabama wins, StatHaldol takes first and I take second.

I'll be drinking some beers and smoking some cigars direct from Alabama--Roll Tide!!!!!!

Xmassweaters2011.jpg

Roy knows what's up!

Well, I have some nice cigars packed up for someone!

The last time I saw a Tiger beat that bad, his wife was using a 5-iron!!

In a lot of ways, this LSU team has reminded me of the New York Jets of the past few years--one of their biggest strengths seemed to be the uncanny ability to force (and benefit from) random fortuitous nonsense.

This bowl season has made an even stronger case for a playoff system. But I'll take it!

DAMN! So close! :) I have NEVER been that close in a college bowl bracket before... ohh well, congrats to Bama as they kicked some butt!! Probably one od the wirst showings I have seen in a championship game, One of those teams did not deserve to be there.

Congrats to the winners! I will get the address emails flowing later this morning.

Probably one od the wirst showings I have seen in a championship game, One of those teams did not deserve to be there.

But by many accounts, if the regular season being so important is the primary reason given (even though it's just a smokescreen by the BCS fatcats) for avoiding a playoff, then Alabama shouldn't have been there since they already lost to LSU, didn't win their division, and didn't win their conference championship. Results from last night aside, nobody in their right mind would have made the argument that LSU didn't deserve to be in the championship game, but I don't think last night's version of the LSU team makes it through a three round playoff.

I just can't wrap my head around the reluctance to go to an eight team playoff. Hell, even the same buttholes getting rich off the BCS at everyone else's expense would still rake in the dough from a playoff format. Just dumb...

Probably one od the wirst showings I have seen in a championship game, One of those teams did not deserve to be there.

But by many accounts, if the regular season being so important is the primary reason given (even though it's just a smokescreen by the BCS fatcats) for avoiding a playoff, then Alabama shouldn't have been there since they already lost to LSU, didn't win their division, and didn't win their conference championship. Results from last night aside, nobody in their right mind would have made the argument that LSU didn't deserve to be in the championship game, but I don't think last night's version of the LSU team makes it through a three round playoff.

I just can't wrap my head around the reluctance to go to an eight team playoff. Hell, even the same buttholes getting rich off the BCS at everyone else's expense would still rake in the dough from a playoff format. Just dumb...

agreed, but what 8 teams make it? (and we could go on for years debating) but I was thinking the other night you would still have to have a ranking system to go with picking those 8 teams. And that ranking system would then be the complaint of everyone as we would still ahve the same drama...so the only true way to do it is by records; but we all know that is not he fair or right way to do it with the amount of teams in FBS. I hate the current set up, I think if we are going to have a BSC championship series, it should be 8vs7, 6vs5...2vs1! Not this BS we have now where certian conferences make it vs a top 8 seed.

Hell, with the conferences shifting around like they are...and plans to make super-conferences, it could take care of itself.

And DAMN YOU Pitt for not beating SMU, that game hosed me. Nice run everyone!.

Melly, I thought you might like this one!
407873_3021983986701_1175740973_3441308_559122047_n.jpg

HAHAHAHA! Love that! Honey Badger didn't care much last night that is for sure. Congrats 'dol :) I guess I shall mosey on over to yahoo and look at how bad I sucked! LOL! However, I did pick the last few correctly and had the most points on them. So sad college football is over :(

I don't have much problem with the current ranking system. You have to have SOME sort of ranking in order to determine contenders. I do agree that a playoff should come out of it, though. Top 10-12 teams at the end of the season, regardless of conference saturation. If, at the end of the season (post-conference championship games), there is a unanimous #1 (as there was with LSU this season), then they are automatically in the Big Game, and everyone else is fighting for the #2 spot to join them. If the #1 team is not unanimous, they enter the playoff brackets, as well. There will be no coaches' poll or input on rankings from current D-1A (whatever they call it now) coaching staff.

I do not agree with #1 vs. #2, #3 vs. #4, etc... I think that teams #3-#12 (or 10 if unanimous #1) should be randomly bracketed, with #1 and #2 in opposite brackets. What's the sense of having the two current best teams play in the first round, automatically knocking one of them out? Then, it's a case of "#1/#2 against the best of the rest". If an underdog can knock off the top seed in the bracket, then more power to 'em, and that's why we play the game. Knocking out one of the top two contenders by default the first week basically sets it up as the Underdog Opportunity Show. It just makes no sense to get rid of a top-two team artificially, right off the bat.

As for LSU in this game, there was a reason they were the first unanimous .1000 team at the end of the season. Can't explain what happened on Monday night, but as of Sunday evening, they were without a doubt the best team in college football... possibly ever. They just failed to show up to the Championship game, and Alabama capitalized big time. I still think that Alabama and LSU were the two best teams in college football at the end of the regular season. They deserved to play each other for the championship, regardless of whether they already played, or not. Alabama didn't win the conference, because they did not have the opportunity to play for it because they lost one game, in overtime, to the #1 team in the nation who eventually went on to play for the SEC championship. Had they lost to almost any other team, it wouldn't be the case. Just happens that one loss was within the division and the team that beat them went undefeated. It's not like they blew 21 points and lost to an unranked team even when they had two overtime opportunities to do so, or anything...

Ouch.

I agree. Bring a playoff. Congrats to the winners in the pick'em. Glad I didn't participate, because I was wrong with most of my personal picks.