• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Contest: When will the kidney stone pass?

I talked to the urologist today. He said we have to wait 1 more week to see if it passes, as it's about 2/3 of the way there. If it doesn't pass i will have to go in the following week for the ultrasonic wave thing or also a possibility is the ureterscope thing (basically they rotoroot it out with a giant tube tipped with a laser...)

Praying it won't be the second option!

That sounds a lot like

Put me down for surgery on the 30th. :thumbs:

:laugh:

KidneyStone1a[2].jpg

For those of you who have no clue. It's kind of like passing a sea urchin out your crank. The one on the left is just a smigin bigger than Elittle's. Good luck my friend

Doc.

I had an x-ray on monday that wouldn't show the stone, so they think it might be a uric acid stone. I go to the lithroscopy department tomorrow for a simulation to see if they can see the stone. I might need the ESWL (shockwave) treatment to get it out, or I might be able to dissolve it with meds...

WHO WILL THE WINNER BE!? :D

I had an x-ray on monday that wouldn't show the stone, so they think it might be a uric acid stone. I go to the lithroscopy department tomorrow for a simulation to see if they can see the stone. I might need the ESWL (shockwave) treatment to get it out, or I might be able to dissolve it with meds...

WHO WILL THE WINNER BE!? :D

Ben. Hands down.

The lithropsy simulation showed no stone, which means my pelvic bone is obstructing the view of the stone since it's in my left ureter. This means:

a) I pass it naturally
b) I dissolve it with meds if it's a uric acid stone
c) I need surgery to remove it

I talk to the urologist again in a day or two, then I'll find out what's next. yay.

In my professional opinion, the cat scan was a fluke and the reason the lithropsy simulation showed no stone was because you actually have sickle cell anemia.

If you could get the prize out to me before you pass on, I'd appreciate it.

The lithropsy simulation showed no stone, which means my pelvic bone is obstructing the view of the stone since it's in my left ureter. This means:

a) I pass it naturally
b) I dissolve it with meds if it's a uric acid stone
c) I need surgery to remove it

I talk to the urologist again in a day or two, then I'll find out what's next. yay.

Glad to hear they cleared up any confusion as to how they plan on approaching this. :rolleyes:

I hope you get better E, but if it hasn't passed yet...they are gonna open you up....and like I said earlier...when you go under, they make fun of your weewee.
Rob

I go in for an ultrasound on the 30th to see if my kidney is dilated (means its plugged and not working), other than that they want me to pass it by myself. I will probably have to pick a winner at random once the stone passes, if it does. More info to come later. LOL

I just got an email from the doctor, the ultrasound showed no abnormalities, he thinks I passed the stone. I didn't feel it pass at all.... So, I'll wait one more week and if nothing happens I'll pick a winner at random? Does that sound fair to all the participants?