• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had the good fortune of being the recipient of some of Al's great deals. Thankyou Al.I also have had the pleasure of meeting and smoking a few cigars with Pete.He is a pleasant down to earth kind of guy. Just one of the guys . I thoroughly enjoy every line of his and Pepin's cigars. That said.I don't have to assume an opinion as to what kind of men Al and Pete are.I have my own first hand experience to guide me. Al keep putting up great deals. Pete keep the great cigars comming.

Thankyou both :cool:

I propose that we agree to end discussion on this matter. I know that all BOTL simply want to protect the spirit of this community but I think we need to exercise caution. After all, who are we to say why Pete decided to join CP? I believe such speculation is truly unwarranted. As for the rest of the discussion, we ought to leave it to the people who understand it most, Pete and Al.
-Mark

He already said why. Linky

It is taking entirely too long to tell me I won. C'mon Al, I'm waiting :whistling:

Wow. there is a lot of drama here...

I think the recent lack of REAL asshats is making us look for asshattery where there is none.

Al and Pete are two of my heroes, and I'd love to pay-it-forward with a couple boxes ;)

But seriously
What's got two thumbs and likes J21s?
ah... you guys know that one....

Why does this have to be classified as drama? It's a public issue being aired out by gentlemen and Freebern.

Guys sorry for the delay. I had to deal with some family issues. The winner's are AVB and Infinity because they'll know what to do with them.

Thanks for the fun,

Al

I would like to say that I went to an event where Pete was at. I never mentioned CP "before" he went on to say that he frequents (lurks) many forums that he is not a member of. That he does it to get feedback from the consumer, and that he recently had to join CP because a lot of the threads had become available to members only.
He may also very well monitor the forums for these specials, I don't know. But, I don't think he joined here just for that.

He gets feedback from "lurking" on CP and other sites? I would think he would just ASK someone what they thought of his cigars. But I am sure he has his own reasons.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=545795
If the above post is correct, it is the only forum that was hidden from non-members.

I read that post too, and thought it sucked that was the reason he gave for joining. In that same thread, though, Rod said he hoped Pete would be an active member of the community, and so far, it seems like he has. He didn't have to ask us for feedback on the Cojonu 2009, but he did here. Before we pull out the Jump to Conclusions mat, let's all just take a step back.

From what I've seen, Al hasn't said anything negative about Pete, and Pete hasn't said anything negative about Al. Maybe there's something going on there, maybe there isn't. But if there is, let them handle it, and go from there. In the meantime, though, looks like Pete wants to be a member of the CP community.
I am here and plan to start posting actively or answer questions about the product. This way you know that it is me you are talking to.
So, until we see otherwise, let's welcome Pete with open arms.

Guys sorry for the delay. I had to deal with some family issues. The winner's are AVB and Infinity because they'll know what to do with them.

Thanks for the fun,

Al

Thanks again for the contest, Al. Hope everything is OK.

You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Please drop it.

Al - thanks for a great contest.

EDIT: Out of respect for Al, I'm opening this thread back up. It's only fair those who won the contest be allowed to post.

Wat to go guys, you silly bunch of winning winners....

Great contest Al, and a super prize.

Tim

Congrats to AVB and Infinity. Nice going guys.

Al, nice contest.

I just think this whole thing is whack, I understand I am a noob on this board but I know most everyone here from other boards. I would just say after everything that has happened with Tatuaje and Al, wtf. I mean really, Al what were you thinking? bottom line Al is a retailer he has great deals but at the end of the day he takes money from customers. After everything that has happened, kidding or not to throw a BOTL like Pete under the bus for product in my opinion is pretty freaking low. I can assure you if he had contacted Pete ahead of time Pete would of donated something but to just volunteer his inventory is wrong. Especially considering Al is "Closing Out Tatuaje" and has sold the P series at cost to get rid of them. Yeah I don't know if you could say that you consider Pete a friend, seems to me that is not very friendly.

Kidding or not you should of known better Al. After reading all the posts about Tatuaje/Al and the other banned company how can you really side with Al? he keeps doing this crap to himself. Pete and Pepin make great cigars and Pete is one of the nicest people in this industry, and deserves better IMHO. Pete has been a lurker here and other boards for a long time, just because he decides to actually sign up and sign in should not make him a bad person either. Like I said before I am a noob on this board and expect you guys to pile on me because I am talking a different direction with the favored retailer here but remember at the end of the day it is not about cigars it is about honesty and integrity. That is my 2¢ now who wants to start the pile.? ;)

Congrats to the winners.

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.