• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
On second thought....

DON'T send me a free box of Tat's, they recently have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Now LFD's on the other hand... I will call you sometime today to place another order.

Al,

I just got married two weeks ago and already I've been put on a strict budget. Won't be able to buy cigars for quite some time and it would just kill me to not be able to smoke any on these great fall evenings. Hope it's a good enough reason, sorry to play the sympathy new married guy card but I have no shame!

DON'T send me a free box of Tat's, they recently have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Ditto that, well done Al. Too bad things have gone downhill lately. I know everyone has their own opinion, but my mind was made up when a vendor starts an account just to police the specials you offer your brothers here. To each his own, but my support is with the longstanding, proven brother and vendor, not the new dog in the hunt. :thumbs:

Hello Guys,

I would like to start by saying that I had no idea about this contest.
Al NEVER contacted me about this.
I wish that he would have contacted me before he offered me up.
I am sorry to say that you all were misled by Al saying that I had knowledge of this contest.

Although, I don't normally do things like this only to protect my other retailers, I will supply a prize of my choice and send it to the winner of my choice.
What Al does with his side is up to him.

Sincerely,
Pete

Once again, I am sorry if you were misled in any way.

I have no interest in the business of cigars. I studied engineering, not marketing. However I'm a little puzzled at how careful you are about distancing yourself from one of CP's most respected vendors. Al has my respect and my business, and his decisions will certainly influence mine.

It appears that a couple of Brothers here are done with Tatuaje, but I'm not ready to make that leap. Truth be told, I'd bet you're a nice guy. If I have opportunity to herf with you, I'll take it. I doubt pissing off a few CP members is going to affect the Tatuaje line in the long run. I'm a huge Pepin and Tatuaje fan. But, I don't have to buy Tat to get my Pepin fix.

I'll bet that he gets pressured or "joked" into giving out product quite a bit, though, and has to be careful as to what he does. But I'm just an IT guy, so what do I know about the friggin cigar business. :) Just my uneducated $0.02.

---John Holmes...

Hello Guys,

I would like to start by saying that I had no idea about this contest.
Al NEVER contacted me about this.
I wish that he would have contacted me before he offered me up.
I am sorry to say that you all were misled by Al saying that I had knowledge of this contest.

Although, I don't normally do things like this only to protect my other retailers, I will supply a prize of my choice and send it to the winner of my choice.
What Al does with his side is up to him.

Sincerely,
Pete

Once again, I am sorry if you were misled in any way.

I have no interest in the business of cigars. I studied engineering, not marketing. However I'm a little puzzled at how careful you are about distancing yourself from one of CP's most respected vendors. Al has my respect and my business, and his decisions will certainly influence mine.

It appears that a couple of Brothers here are done with Tatuaje, but I'm not ready to make that leap. Truth be told, I'd bet you're a nice guy. If I have opportunity to herf with you, I'll take it. I doubt pissing off a few CP members is going to affect the Tatuaje line in the long run. I'm a huge Pepin and Tatuaje fan. But, I don't have to buy Tat to get my Pepin fix.

I don't get it, pete walked in and said wtf, when did this offering happen? Pete then said, I'll make good with something but I cant show favorites when it comes to my customers(vendors). Al comes back and says yeah he never knew, it was a joke, I'll cover the 2 boxes.

What am I missing that makes pete a bad guy? Did I miss another thread er?

I don't think the joke was bad, I just thought it was pretty awkward putting any guy on the spot like that.

But then again...funnier stuff has happened.

It's a matter of perception, Mark. I have little sense of what is going on between Al and Pete, but it's being put on in the court of public opinion. What is good business doesn't always make good sense - or did I get that backwards? Either way, we're each going to form an opinion, and act on it.

Al is a great guy and Pete is too. The shit between them needs to be handled off board or via PM.

On second thought....

Now LFD's on the other hand... I will call you sometime today to place another order.
If Al has a box of LfD A's...I'll split it with you!

Wow!

This is starting to go down hill. IMHO there seems to be some assuming going here. As far as I know there are only 2 people that know about the relationship between a vendor and MFG. Ok, well maybe more than 2 but you get the point.

Al, thanks for a great contest idea, and great prize.
Pete, thanks for the support you are willing to lend in this as well.

They way I see it is this....It seems to me to be a win / win situation here. We already know what a great BOTL Al is, and with Pete as a member of the community we have the chance to get some great insight on a great cigar. But what do I know..... ;)

Seems to me just a simple misunderstanding that I am sure 2 grown men can work out, if it even needs to be....

And, just to help end all this madness, I will take the Cigars of your hands....addy in profile. :p

Tim

It is too bad, and you are right Jonas....To each his own.
I would like to say that I went to an event where Pete was at. I never mentioned CP "before" he went on to say that he frequents (lurks) many forums that he is not a member of. That he does it to get feedback from the consumer, and that he recently had to join CP because a lot of the threads had become available to members only.
He may also very well monitor the forums for these specials, I don't know. But, I don't think he joined here just for that.
Snip< Too bad things have gone downhill lately. I know everyone has their own opinion, but my mind was made up when a vendor starts an account just to police the specials you offer your brothers here. >Snip

Al is a great guy and Pete is too. The shit between them needs to be handled off board or via PM.

This is most likely the words (What Brandon said) I should have chosen before making my post last night. I met Pete and he seemed like a really nice, sincere, person........I have never dealt with Al, but I see what he does for everyone on the board, and I believe he is the same type.
I have seen a lot of negativity, and comments in the threads.......................And with that, even the nicest people in relationships, wether it be buisness or personal have falling outs. We should not be taking sides, but rather encouraging the two parties to keep it off board and try to work it out.

Edited to add: Although, I think Pete needed to post to explain why he can't just give out boxes on every forum for contest. :)

I think I deserve these boxes because I turned my grandmother onto the Noellas. Shes a box a week smoker and smokes them right through her trachea opening.

Sure hope Granny wins, bless her little blowhole!

Ditto that, well done Al. Too bad things have gone downhill lately. I know everyone has their own opinion, but my mind was made up when a vendor starts an account just to police the specials you offer your brothers here. To each his own, but my support is with the longstanding, proven brother and vendor, not the new dog in the hunt. :thumbs:

Exactly. :thumbs:

I would venture to say that had not Rod blocked the Deals thread to visitors, Pete would have not joined us when he did. It is pretty clear to me the only reason he is here is to see if certain vendors are offering deals on his cigars at prices lower than allowed. Al, I along with many other members on this site appreciate your great deals and your great costumer service. Please keep the deals coming.

I would like to say that I went to an event where Pete was at. I never mentioned CP "before" he went on to say that he frequents (lurks) many forums that he is not a member of. That he does it to get feedback from the consumer, and that he recently had to join CP because a lot of the threads had become available to members only.
He may also very well monitor the forums for these specials, I don't know. But, I don't think he joined here just for that.

He gets feedback from "lurking" on CP and other sites? I would think he would just ASK someone what they thought of his cigars. But I am sure he has his own reasons.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=545795
If the above post is correct, it is the only forum that was hidden from non-members.

I propose that we agree to end discussion on this matter. I know that all BOTL simply want to protect the spirit of this community but I think we need to exercise caution. After all, who are we to say why Pete decided to join CP? I believe such speculation is truly unwarranted. As for the rest of the discussion, we ought to leave it to the people who understand it most, Pete and Al.

I understand that I am no FOG but I had to express what I hold to be true.

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.