• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cooler-dor 101

I don't think that's the kind of cedar you want to use, how long have you had sticks in there with them, Jeff?
That's what I thought, I found that kinda at home depot (the only cedar they have) but wasn't to sure about it
If you are going to build an actual humidor, where the cigars will lay on the wood, you do not want to use this type of cedar. The reason being that it can weep sap from a knot. These work out perfectly because cigars never actually touch the wood, plus I sort through them and make sure to find a couple that do not have knots.

For those of you in hotter places like me what do you do to keep your coolerdor cooler? My house is usually at 76 77, so the coolerdor is sitting around 78 80. I have this stone tile that I freeze and put it in but doesn't help a lot

For those of you in hotter places like me what do you do to keep your coolerdor cooler? My house is usually at 76 77, so the coolerdor is sitting around 78 80. I have this stone tile that I freeze and put it in but doesn't help a lot
Unfortunately that’s why I went with the Audew fridge humidor. Right now I’ve got boxes stored in a clear sealed storage bin in my closet. I tried the cooler but the temp was too high. This one seems to hold around 72 degrees so I’m good with that.
82C54ABC-9422-40C2-9DAA-2770CB6355CF.jpeg6C5A84CC-527A-477E-B4DA-49FB5D4E4D2F.jpeg

Unfortunately that’s why I went with the Audew fridge humidor. Right now I’ve got boxes stored in a clear sealed storage bin in my closet. I tried the cooler but the temp was too high. This one seems to hold around 72 degrees so I’m good with that.
View attachment 43674View attachment 43675
Were pretty much in the same boat temp and RH wise. I wonder why the cooler is hotter than that tho? I just put a bunch of these tiles in the freezer so weil see if that helps. I really dont wanna have to be changing them out every day tho

Were pretty much in the same boat temp and RH wise. I wonder why the cooler is hotter than that tho? I just put a bunch of these tiles in the freezer so weil see if that helps. I really dont wanna have to be changing them out every day tho
I think if you store the tiles in the cooler closed for a couple of days maybe it’ll chill the cooler itself, then smart moving cigars in. I didn’t really give the cooler that much time honestly. Plus I moved in it from the garage and let it sit for a week and it just stayed hot. So that’s why I went with these boxes.

I think if you store the tiles in the cooler closed for a couple of days maybe it’ll chill the cooler itself, then smart moving cigars in. I didn’t really give the cooler that much time honestly. Plus I moved in it from the garage and let it sit for a week and it just stayed hot. So that’s why I went with these boxes.
That's true. Do you think if I filled a Tupperware with distilled water and froze it and put it in there it would be fine? As long as I put something under it so it doesn't sweat everywhere

That's true. Do you think if I filled a Tupperware with distilled water and froze it and put it in there it would be fine? As long as I put something under it so it doesn't sweat everywhere
I’m not sure, maybe if the Tupperware container had a lid on it, and wrap it up in towels? I would definitely want to keep an eye on the sweating though because that could introduce mold quickly or maybe a Tupperware within a Tupperware container.

I’m not sure, maybe if the Tupperware container had a lid on it, and wrap it up in towels? I would definitely want to keep an eye on the sweating though because that could introduce mold quickly or maybe a Tupperware within a Tupperware container.
Definitely a thought, weil see how the tiles do before I try something like that. I saw people talking about mini battery fans, but idk how much cooler it would make it

Definitely a thought, weil see how the tiles do before I try something like that. I saw people talking about mini battery fans, but idk how much cooler it would make it
Definitely one of the struggles of living in Arizona. We keep our house at 76 during the summer. I literally moved a container to different closets, cabinets through the house to find the coolest area.

Definitely one of the struggles of living in Arizona. We keep our house at 76 during the summer. I literally moved a container to different closets, cabinets through the house to find the coolest area.
Just set your house to 68. Problem solved.

View attachment 43675
Where do you store your other seventeen boxes where you keep the good shit?

Being in Phoenix, I was sooooo happy to finally make a coolidor. $20 Craigslist wine cooler, Spanish cedar shelves with cigar box pieces to corral them. A couple big Boveda 72's and all is right with the world. It'll hold 50 comfortably, 80 if I take out all the boxes - but then it's a pain to dig something out.

20210723_102638-01.jpeg

(I dig the pic of Babe Ruth rolling some sticks...)

Also did the obligatory cigar band art - brightens up the office.

20210723_102708-01.jpeg