• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Costa Rica cigars

BlindedByScience said:
These were reviewed by myself and several other CP members a few years back:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/24792-casting-call-tabacos-de-la-cordillera-cigars-taste-test/?hl=cordillera

I'd be interested to know what, if any, changes have been made to the blends...??

Actually our belnds for Cumbres de Puriscal (Gold, Green and Silver), Purisco Azul and Purisco Rojo has been improved... By the other hand we have new blends under Dignity brand ... this blends are completely different using different tobacco varieties, but at usually just using tobacco produced at our farm

Please let me know if you are interested in doing a new testing test

cristiCR said:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/24792-casting-call-tabacos-de-la-cordillera-cigars-taste-test/?hl=cordillera

I'd be interested to know what, if any, changes have been made to the blends...??

Actually our belnds for Cumbres de Puriscal (Gold, Green and Silver), Purisco Azul and Purisco Rojo has been improved... 

For your company's sake, let's hope so. 

cristiCR said:

Actually our belnds for Cumbres de Puriscal (Gold, Green and Silver), Purisco Azul and Purisco Rojo has been improved... By the other hand we have new blends under Dignity brand ... this blends are completely different using different tobacco varieties, but at usually just using tobacco produced at our farm

Well, here's my offer to you.

CP has a number of serious cigar aficionados who are members.  If you want a real, objective, honest taste test and posted review, here's what you'd need to do:

- Select two, preferably three different cigars
- Send me enough for four or five different members to smoke and review.

My commitment to you would be to ship the cigars to the different members, collect and post the results in a timely manner.

My caution to you is twofold; one, that the cigars in the last test showed up damaged and with some mold issues, not a good way to present your product.  Two....the reviews will be completely honest and objective.  If they are good, so will the reviews be.  If they are not so good....that's how the posts will be presented.

If you're interested, please advise.

Regards - B.B.S.

BlindedByScience said:

CP has a number of serious cigar aficionados who are members.  If you want a real, objective, honest taste test and posted review, here's what you'd need to do:

My commitment to you would be to ship the cigars to the different members, collect and post the results in a timely manner.

My caution to you is twofold; one, that the cigars in the last test showed up damaged and with some mold issues, not a good way to present your product.  Two....the reviews will be completely honest and objective.  If they are good, so will the reviews be.  If they are not so good....that's how the posts will be presented.

Regards - B.B.S.

BlindedByScience said:

Regards - B.B.S.

Well it works for me, please send me and e-mail with your address : contact@tabacordillera.cr

BlindedByScience said:

Regards - B.B.S.

I like this Idea!  :thumbs:

Tom let me know if you are looking for someone to do a video review.

Paul

OK, guys - I replied to her query....I have some guys in mind for the review, so I'll let you know what I hear.

BlindedByScience said:
OK, guys - I replied to her query....I have some guys in mind for the review, so I'll let you know what I hear.
:thumbs:

BlindedByScience said:

I know you have me on top of you list, but I'm busy and can't do a review. :whistling:

I'm just kidding, can't wait to read the reviews! I enjoyed reading the old ones.

BlindedByScience said:

Tom thanks for the info and I hope that the blends have changed too. After reading some of those posts I'm a little worried as I ordered bundle. However, ChristiCR seems confident that they have improved the blends and Dave enjoyed his so there is some light at the end of the tunnel. 

I was pleasantly surprised to receive the following e-mail yesterday:

Shipping samples today

1 Petaca 1x5 Robusto Cumbres Oro = Mild
1 Petaca Torpedo Purisco Azul = Medium body
1 Petaca Toro Cuban Zirconia = Medium to Full Body

Best regards,

Jenny

If I'm reading that right, she's sending 5 Robustos, one each of the other two.  I've PM'd a couple guys about doing reviews already.  Let's see how many cigars show up, I might need a couple more people for reviewers.  I'll start another thread for the reviews when this kicks off.

Let the games begin - !! -  :thumbs:

BlindedByScience said:

I was pleasantly surprised to receive the following e-mail yesterday:

Shipping samples today

1 Petaca 1x5 Robusto Cumbres Oro = Mild
1 Petaca Torpedo Purisco Azul = Medium body
1 Petaca Toro Cuban Zirconia = Medium to Full Body

Best regards,

Jenny

If I'm reading that right, she's sending 5 Robustos, one each of the other two.  I've PM'd a couple guys about doing reviews already.  Let's see how many cigars show up, I might need a couple more people for reviewers.  I'll start another thread for the reviews when this kicks off.

Let the games begin - !! -  :thumbs:

Wow, glad this played out how it has so far.  I'm looking forward to reading the reviews.

Well, so far Jenny seems open to comments and constructive criticism. Hopefully that all interprets to a company that knows how to grow and improve.

Jenny,
   What improvements were made to the lines exactly?
   What exactly is your role at the company? 

jfields said:
Well, so far Jenny seems open to comments and constructive criticism. Hopefully that all interprets to a company that knows how to grow and improve.

Jenny,
   What improvements were made to the lines exactly?
   What exactly is your role at the company? 

Hi... I'm really going to appreciate every comment   :thumbs:

Through the years we worked at the fields to get better tobacco varieties (cross pollination by hand), so after nice results we made better blends... more flavor and aroma.  

By the other hand  I've been working 10 years ago for this company as Manager assistant

How were the cigars shipped...??  Is there any way to track them...??

BlindedByScience said:

Good question Tom. I ordered mine back on 1/29 and I have no tracking info. 

Usually our post office just track when they pick it up... once it is available track by USPS Im going to let you know... some times it require more time according each state...

Thanks Jenny for the update but it sure would be nice to able to track our order. Maybe this is something your company can look into providing. During the winter is not too bad to wait but in the hot summer months a package sitting in some warehouse would not be a good idea. 

Light this! said:
Thanks Jenny for the update but it sure would be nice to able to track our order. Maybe this is something your company can look into providing. During the winter is not too bad to wait but in the hot summer months a package sitting in some warehouse would not be a good idea. 

Ok... Working on it. Im going to keep you posted

BlindedByScience said:

Hi Tom... The tracking number is RR710489596CR as you can see its not available for tracking at USPS yet