• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Could use some prayers today.

Unfortunately, you have to bring in lawyers when it comes to these things. That usually stops it in its tracks.

No municipal government figure wants that when/if you are in the right. Even if it is a grey area.

I'm so incredibly angry I don't even know what to say. Supposedly I have to go talk to someone about my attitude and that will be the end of it. Problem is the issue about my attitude goes back directly to all the slackers/losers/ 40yr old adolescents that don't like to work. Oh and don't forget the bosses who cover all that up and then I'm the ass for pointing issues out and trying to rectify them. Man I could rant for fucking hours!!!

Badge in - do your work - go home. Problem solved. Stepping on toes even if your in the right will lead to trouble most of the time.
Just remember, you can't control other peoples actions or inactions, you can only control yours.

Point blank - You are working at the wrong place. Find a career elsewhere for your own sake. 

I work at a for profit private sector company and they appreciate heart, drive and integrity. The people that frustrate you don't last long in the real world. 

Good luck to you.

What he said!^

I think I might haver mentioned it earlier. That government service wasn't a good fit for me. As a supervisor I wanted to manage and delegate from a business standpoint. Not from a politician trying to stroke everyone's ego standpoint.

Sounds like you might be in the same boat! Time to cut your losses and move on to the private sector. You'll look back at it as they did you a favor in the long run. Worrying about your reputation and proving who's right will not do you any.

You have to pick and chose your battles. Is it really going to accomplish change? If the response is no, it's not worth your time, trouble or efforts. You can only control what you do. Divert your energy to something else and release that negativity man, it will kill ya.

Thanks everyone. Yes I really need to find a new job. Omaha is a pretty tough market and after almost 14yrs at the City it's really hard (at least it seems that way to me) to convince potential employers that I really do have a work ethic etc.
It is very difficult to do the whole show up for a paycheck thing and not care, we'll no matter how hard I try I can't seem to.
I can't thank you all enough for the sounding board.

When you point out all the the slackers, back biters, problems, etc., you may see an individual slacking off, but management sees themselves being blamed for having bad employees. That they hired the wrong people, i.e., they have poor to no screening and interviewing skills. I could go on with a lot more, but suffice it to say that middle and upper management do not want you pointing out the problems. That is their job, and the credit will go to them. Human nature will bite back twice as hard for every finger you point.

You are being paid to do a job, and fit in. If you have to compromise your principles living up to expected behaviour, and cannot live with that, then you might
be wise to consider a change. Thing is, you might be jumping from the pan into the fire. If you are not a key employee, when lay-off happens, your chances of being targeted are dramatically higher. Also, the stress a person puts themselves through while trying to whip a whole organization into shape, from the bottom up, is not healthy, and not worth it for your human sense of well being.

I do hope that you find or keep your peace in all of this, and that your livelihood is never threatened.

Bu11dog said:
Thanks everyone. Yes I really need to find a new job. Omaha is a pretty tough market and after almost 14yrs at the City it's really hard (at least it seems that way to me) to convince potential employers that I really do have a work ethic etc.
It is very difficult to do the whole show up for a paycheck thing and not care, we'll no matter how hard I try I can't seem to.
I can't thank you all enough for the sounding board.
The whole show up and not care thing is B.S. IMHO. you were hired for a reason, go to work and do what you were hired to do and care about that and not what others are doing / not doing. 

Not to be an ass, but people that have this (your) mind set do and will get run off in most professional settings. No one likes to be around (THAT GUY) who thinks his way is the only way and everyone else is wrong. 
I also don't think there's a conspiracy against you, multiple co-workers, with management covering for them. Maybe the real problem in the office is you. 

I could be reading what you wrote wrong and if so I'm sorry, but I'm not sure that I did.