• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

COVID-19 vaccine, you getting it?

Vaccine liability follows a different legal course than general medical liability based on the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986. (42 U.S.C. §§ 300aa-1 to 300aa-34). I joke with my friends that I don't think you will see the typical legal adds in 2 years for "....if you took the Covid vaccine, you may be entitles to money damages...".

The logic is that while vaccines have a scientific basis, there are unknowns and if pharma companies were liable for failed vaccines or harmful side effects the liability risk would prevent development of vaccines. Vaccine liability follows the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program as opposed to general civil litigation. It is somewhat analogous to suing the federal government.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has issued prior opinions that support an employer requiring vaccinations for personnel on the company premises. Public schools have similar authority with the real winning exception being a religious exemption.

The one interesting factor is that with so many people working remotely, a key factor may be can the job be done remotely. If so, then a person choosing not to vaccinate may be able to continue remotely (not addressing the corporate politics embedded here).

You can also expect airlines to require proof of vaccination to fly. An international may add another layer to this.

I don't foresee vaccines being "mandatory" but I think not getting the vaccine may make doing what you did before Covid without a vaccine difficult.

Vaccine liability follows a different legal course than general medical liability based on the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986. (42 U.S.C. §§ 300aa-1 to 300aa-34). I joke with my friends that I don't think you will see the typical legal adds in 2 years for "....if you took the Covid vaccine, you may be entitles to money damages...".

The logic is that while vaccines have a scientific basis, there are unknowns and if pharma companies were liable for failed vaccines or harmful side effects the liability risk would prevent development of vaccines. Vaccine liability follows the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program as opposed to general civil litigation. It is somewhat analogous to suing the federal government.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has issued prior opinions that support an employer requiring vaccinations for personnel on the company premises. Public schools have similar authority with the real winning exception being a religious exemption.

The one interesting factor is that with so many people working remotely, a key factor may be can the job be done remotely. If so, then a person choosing not to vaccinate may be able to continue remotely (not addressing the corporate politics embedded here).

You can also expect airlines to require proof of vaccination to fly. An international may add another layer to this.

I don't foresee vaccines being "mandatory" but I think not getting the vaccine may make doing what you did before Covid without a vaccine difficult.
It’s a good thing I have my private jet 😊

I am going to leave this here for anyone to watch... Not saying this is 100% true or not, because I don’t know... I don’t know if the speaker has motive or not, this is just additional information...

Aaron, that website source is not appropriate, IMHO (respectfully). It is wading into waters we've mostly managed to stay out of in this thread.

Aaron, that website source is not appropriate, IMHO (respectfully). It is wading into waters we've mostly managed to stay out of in this thread.
I don’t know anything about the website... A friend shared the video to me and I thought the Dr. made some interesting points that’s all. That’s why I said not sure if true or not and if the Dr. has motive to be against the vaccine... But I do think he makes a lot of interesting points to take into account... For all I know he is completely wrong... I just feel the more information the better... If majority would like me to remove I will gladly do so...

I don’t know anything about the website... A friend shared the video to me and I thought the Dr. made some interesting points that’s all. That’s why I said not sure if true or not and if the Dr. has motive to be against the vaccine... But I do think he makes a lot of interesting points to take into account... For all I know he is completely wrong... I just feel the more information the better... If majority would like me to remove I will gladly do so...

He's an amazing individual. His passion is to treat the cause, not mask the symptom. I've been seeing a doctor he trained for the last dozen or so years. After listening to him on the radio for about 20 years. I trust anything that man says.

One thing that
I can’t speak about the website source, but after researching several hours today, and (forcing) my MD/PhD friend to do the same, this Dr. makes some really good observations... The covid vaccines are the very first messenger RNA vaccines “ever” approved for humans. (There is a very good reason for this, and I will let “you the reader” investigate this further, if you are interested) We believe it would be prudent to wait to see how humans are affected by the synthesis of nano particles associated with these formulas after 6 months to a year in their cells. Just our humble opinion...

A friendly virologist from a guitar forum pointed me in the direction of the below links. :cool:
I don't know if the links explain the information I am seeking as I have not read the links yet.
We shall see, as I have some reading to do.
Tilt did not provide any info for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine so, sorry; don't have that one.

Here is info for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577?query=featured_home

Here is info for the Moderna vaccine
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2035389

Here is info for the AstraZeneca vaccine
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32661-1/fulltext

Hard to believe that a thread that is asking folks if they are gonna get the COVID vaccine, and then having 'real' information posted & shared in the above links has absolutely no interest here, is more than a bit disappointing. :mad:
Maybe the 'interest' was only manufactured & feigned .......................

I am going to leave this here for anyone to watch... Not saying this is 100% true or not, because I don’t know... I don’t know if the speaker has motive or not, this is just additional information...

Wow, that was really interesting. He clearly has an anti-"vax" bias, but it gives me a perspective I haven't heard before. I'd like to see the data on the animal studies he referenced.

Hard to believe that a thread that is asking folks if they are gonna get the COVID vaccine, and then having 'real' information posted & shared in the above links has absolutely no interest here, is more than a bit disappointing. :mad:
I could be reading this wrong, but don’t the first two studies say they were funded by the vaccine manufacturers themselves and the third says it was funded by people that have patents in parts of the vaccine itself?

I I think most people realize that getting information about COVID is like getting information about an NFL team by listening to a coaches press conference. Any information about covid-19 is very carefully filtered, massaged, manipulated, twisted, and spun. It may be decades before there is any truthful information available.

This story is true and verified:

This is important information for those of us whom happen to be over 65.

Note: I realize all recipients of this are NOT over 65 but thought you might want a clue what it will be like someday when you reach it...

A friend had his 2nd dose of the vaccine at the vaccination center
after which he began to have blurred vision on the way home.

When he got home, he called the vaccination center for advice and
to ask if he should go see a doctor or be hospitalized.

He was told NOT to go to a doctor or a hospital, but just return to the
vaccination center immediately and pick up his glasses

I work in public health. Many of you are well aware of this. That said, I have trust in scientists. Believe you me, with history of Syphilis and Involuntary hysterectomies I have plenty of reason to hold doubt against the very industry I am employed by. That said. I completed my 2nd dose of Moderna. The 2nd dose really kicked my ass. A day after I was miserable, a real shock to the immune system. But I knew many other people who are minorities who volunteered for the trials, all who eventually got the vaxes later as appropriate. I’m sad that 520,000 fellow Americans have perished. But I will do my part, and encourage you to do what you feel is best.

Opinions will differ.

that is all.

C

This story is true and verified:

This is important information for those of us whom happen to be over 65.

Note: I realize all recipients of this are NOT over 65 but thought you might want a clue what it will be like someday when you reach it...

A friend had his 2nd dose of the vaccine at the vaccination center
after which he began to have blurred vision on the way home.

When he got home, he called the vaccination center for advice and
to ask if he should go see a doctor or be hospitalized.

He was told NOT to go to a doctor or a hospital, but just return to the
vaccination center immediately and pick up his glasses
At least he remembered how to get home :)