• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP’s “Cigar 101 ” Newbie Pass 2

An update & a question:

Update: CigarCyclopedia has changed their website structure and links. Here is the link to the pricing information -- and as you will see, they've made multiple links that download PDFs. I actually like the format change. Here is the link: http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/webapp/content/view/944/48/

Question: What is the protocol for puts/takes? I've gone through passes to see the # of cigars taken by any single member of a pass and notice they are all over the board. I've seen individuals take 1 cigar, another 7. What is deemed appropriate? My gut says those taking 6 & 7+ sticks are over doing it on the pass. But again, I've got nothing other than gut instinct to base my judgment.

Thanks all!

D

This pass has no limit on puts and takes, although some passes do. The only limitiation I put in was that if there were multiple sticks that are the same to only take one so someone else has a crack at the other. As long as you are matching MSRP and not putting in a bunch of the same sticks no one usually has a problem with quantity.

Keith

Keith,

Any objection to people throwing in a few extras for the host?

Gifting sticks is not required but always appreciated. There are two ways you can add sticks to a pass. You can include sticks marked "host". These are not included on the pass list for puts and takes. You can also Put a cigar without listing a take. This makes the cigar available for others to trade in the pass, but still adds an extra stick.

Keith

I didn't realize this pass already had a thread. Keith, I assume you got my PM with my address. Thanks for including me!

- Tim

KeithS

I have been putting a spreadsheet together to list prices of what is in the pass and what is in my humidor. Want to get the puts and takes correct. There are some cigars in the pass list that I can not find listed with any of the sources you have links to or other sources I have checked. Can you point me in right the direction for a price source.

Some examples are:

23. Rocky Patel Edge Maduro Torpedo Factory Second
26. LFD Outlaw 2007 Bad to the Bone Event Stick
27. JFR (Just For Retail) Natural Robusto
28. JFR (Just For Retail) Maduro Torpedo

There are a few others but I think I may be able to find them.

Thanks,
Dave

I do know RP Edge retails for between 5 and 5.50

Never heard of that particular LFD

JFR, don't know those particularly, but i'm assuming around 6.50 to 7.00

KeithS

I have been putting a spreadsheet together to list prices of what is in the pass and what is in my humidor. Want to get the puts and takes correct. There are some cigars in the pass list that I can not find listed with any of the sources you have links to or other sources I have checked. Can you point me in right the direction for a price source.

Some examples are:

23. Rocky Patel Edge Maduro Torpedo Factory Second
26. LFD Outlaw 2007 Bad to the Bone Event Stick
27. JFR (Just For Retail) Natural Robusto
28. JFR (Just For Retail) Maduro Torpedo

There are a few others but I think I may be able to find them.

Thanks,
Dave

Those are the 4 thoughest sticks. 3 of them are not sold on the Internet and the 4th I have not seen for awhile. So I'll help you with these.

#23 $3.00
#26 $11.00
#27 $4.00
#26 $4.75

Jump in here if I'm off Professors.

Keith

Okay everyone. The pass is started. On it's way to Rob DC# 0103 8555 7492 6315 1898.

Class is in sesion. Watch this thread for upcoming contests.

Keith

Well if I may chime in for a second....

Passes are supposed to be fun, a good way to get to know a few of the other brothers online a little more (dare I say...) intimately. :laugh:

If you try to stay within a set +/- range (like $0.50-$1.00) of fair market value of a cigar you'll do fine.

MSRP is a good guide, but let common sense help you out and have fun with the pass.

I'll make sure to let you know when I run off with the box Keith!

Okay everyone. The pass is started. On it's way to Rob DC# 0103 8555 7492 6315 1898.

Class is in sesion. Watch this thread for upcoming contests.

Keith

I love it!!!! I can't wait to get that box of wonderful sticks!!!!

Step

I got the box! :thumbs:

I'll pick through it tonight and post later...

OK GUYS !!!! Contest is open to ALL pass members!!!

The OFFICIAL first contest of this pass is under way. Indyrob will be providing the prize as I will provide the contest, (and yes I am one EVIL SOB)

The Prize: a BOX (yes as in a WHOLE Box) of Olor de Cibao Churchills. These are Cuban seed Dominican Puros. A nice mild to medium smoke with hints of coffee. MSRP about $85.00

The contest... Oh that's the easy part.. Simply solve and post a pic of the completed puzzle... :laugh: :sign: :sign:

http://five.flash-gear.com/npuz/puz.php?c=...&k=49763705

Good luck

OK GUYS !!!! Contest is open to ALL pass members!!!

The OFFICIAL first contest of this pass is under way. Indyrob will be providing the prize as I will provide the contest, (and yes I am one EVIL SOB)

The Prize: a BOX (yes as in a WHOLE Box) of Olor de Cibao Churchills. These are Cuban seed Dominican Puros. A nice mild to medium smoke with hints of coffee. MSRP about $85.00

The contest... Oh that's the easy part.. Simply solve and post a pic of the completed puzzle... :laugh: :sign: :sign:

http://five.flash-gear.com/npuz/puz.php?c=...&k=49763705

Good luck

Another puzzle!! I thought that was banned?? :sign:

Very nice contest AND prize!! Good luck all!

I DID IT. I got two pieces to fit together. You bastig! That does not look like counter.

Keith